DAoC BlackJack

S

Serbitar

Got bored in work and decided to write this (Poker to come when i get really bored):

DAoC BlackJack:

The aim of this game is to beat the dealer by getting the total face value of your cards to 21.

An ace can count as either 1 or 11. All picture cards count as 10.

The hands in order of rank are:

BlackJack - Ace and a black (clubs/spades) Jack
5 Card Trick - Any combination of 5 cards with the face value total equal to or less than 21
21 - Any combination of 4 cards or less totalling 21
20 and below - Any combination of 4 cards or less totalling 20 or less

In the event of a draw between the dealer and a player, the dealer always wins.

Players needed: 1 Dealer
1+ Players

Preparation:

The dealer should shuffle 1 deck of cards (/shuffle 1)
The players should sit in a semi circle facing the dealer. This is just for ease of figuring out

play order.

Rules:

Each player pays 1g to join the game. upon paying this 1g they receive 2 cards. one face up

(/deal [player] u) and one face down (/deal [player] d). After all the players have received

their cards, the dealer receives his 2 cards, both face up (/deal [self] u, /deal [self] u), play

can now commence. Play starts on the left of the dealer and continues in a clockwise direction.

Players can:

Twist (/deal [player] u) - dealer gives them a face up card for free, doesnt increase stake

Buy a card (/deal [player] d) - Player pays 1g, dealer gives them a card face down. Increases

stake by 1g

Once any player is happy with their hand they can stick (player receives no more cards and play

passes to the next player) or gone bust (bust is a total hand value >21)

After play has passed through all the players, the dealer then has his/her turn. The dealer may

only twist (i.e. /deal [self] u).

Once the dealer is happy with his hand or gone bust then payouts commence. Each player compares

his/her hand with that of the dealer (hands can be compared with /show). If the dealer has won

then the dealer keeps that players stake (remember a players stake is 1g plus 1g for each card

they 'bought'). If the player wins then the dealer should return that players stake and give them

the same amount from their own cash (i.e. player paid to play and bought 2 cards - stake = 3g.

Therefore the dealer should give the player 6g - their stake back plus winnings). In the event of

a draw the dealer wins and keeps that players stake.

At the end of each game each player and the dealer should /discard all. this will discard all

their cards and the dealer should /shuffle 1 again ready to start the next hand.

Commands:

/shuffle # - Shuffles # deck(s) (only 1 should be used in this game)
/deal [player] u/d - Deals 1 card to the selected player face up (u) or down (d)
/held - Shows the player what cards they currently hold
/discard all - Discards all the cards that player is currently holding
/show - Shows your entire hand to all those around you

Notes:

I've missed out the rule where if a player/dealer is dealt to cards of the same number they can

'split' and play 2 hands just for simplicity

O

old.Morchaoron

excellent for when a group has earth theurgs :rolleyes:

S

Sharma

Hehe, ill give that a try should i choose to reactivate my account. :)

C

Cami

Pft its old, we played blackjack in TG alliance raids in the "old" days ;)

B

Blood

Erasleigh Crabs

The rules are:
- We all sit down in a circle, and play around the clock
- when its your turn you do a /roll 2 (rolls 2 dices), if you get 7 you win the pot, if you dont roll 7 it costs 10g.

- once someone rolls 7 the one to his left stands up and pays him, and when he have completed the transaction, the next guy stands up and pay.

Example (we sit 3 in a circle):
- Myrddinstwo rolls 8
- Fearthespam rolls 9
- Blood rolls 3
- Myrddinstwo rolls 2
- Fearthespam rolls 7 and wins

Myrddinstwo have rolled twice, and pays Fearthespam 20g, Blood have only rolled once, and pays Fearthespam 10g.. Blood now starts as he was next to roll.

ps. Albs are invited too.
pps. minimum to play are 2 people, you can play it by yourself, but it gets boring real quick.

L

leviathane

sounds a kewl way to loose money quite fast, might try it some time tbh. :m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom