DAoC Auction Site

O

old.Lawrence

Greetings,

As the economy in-game still goes slow and it's hard to obtain magic items for my characters, I have set up an auction site for the game.

It can be found here:
http://marketplace.silverpark.net

Please respect the rules when trading there:
- No bogus items/auctions
- No auctions for real money
- No account trading

There are a few minor bugs which I hope to get fixed soon.. For example you need to add a picture to your auction, although it says it's optional :D Everything else should work.

I hope you will find this service useful, happy trading.

O

old.CrazyMuppet

Very nice site!!!

However:

The specified auction ID is not correct

That error keeps me from registering. Happens when i submit the registration form.

So no wonder the only registered user is you
:)

O

old.Lawrence

The "register now" link on the main page works, I just registered another account to test it.

"Registration completed. Your data has been properly received.
A confirmation e-mail has been sent to: test@test.com "

Y

Yelib

Looks nice, I want to support it by registering but it needs r/l information to register. I really dislike giving this to anonymous player communities.

Do you really need that information, and if not maybe take it out or make it optional :)

M

matax

Nice idea - my only query is that when I viewed the auction item there I couldn't see any idea of which realm and server it is on - would probably be useful (if it's already there and I just missed it soz :))

A

Arlone

very good idea! I'll be sure to check it now and then for some of the items I want - and will also try to auction away some of the nice loot I have ;)

O

old.Witchunter

Originally posted by Yelib
Looks nice, I want to support it by registering but it needs r/l information to register. I really dislike giving this to anonymous player communities.

Agreed 100% ;)

If people were selling for real money, it would be different, but this is just putting two players in contact. The buyer will be able to check the goods before purchasing, so there's no need for such hardcore security ;)

You've already mentioned the need to add an image link when auctioning, so I won't mention it... doh!

Again, when filling out an auction form, it asks which country you're in, Postal/Zip code and even who pays for the shipping costs! :)

Very good stuff though, I'll try to pimp it as much as possible ;)

P.S. A section for people asking to buy particular items would be nice aswell...

S

SFXman

Noo... the... the memories... are... are comng back... ultima... ultima online.... with... with its extremely... screwed... screwed up economy... due... due to bidding... AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! NOOOOOOOOO!

Good idea but I hope it doesn't take all magic items away from giving for free in guilds/from friends because the git says "no I am selling it at the auction, you may try get the highest bid though dear friend" :)

UO was terrible in this sense... houses cost a trillion because the bids went up and up and up...

:rolleyes:

PS: The text on the site is quite damn huge... not for me maybe but large for me on my 1280x1024 res, doesn't look very nice. Smaller text and it would be one nice nice site.

P

- Pathfinder -

People had to spend their money on something ;) In an economy where everyone is rich stuff is bound to cost a fortune. Me, I always fancied looting other people's houses :p

S

SFXman

How are you going loot a house these days, unless you are one those bastards who say something like "Can I buy that rare there? I offer 100k, come to the bank... see you there." "KAL ORT POR" *hide* *dude releases rare* "MWAHAHAHHAHAH, bye bye sucker!"
I just did a detect hidden since in your house you have it at GM level :)

P

- Pathfinder -

OSI sucked :p I played on a free shard, *cough* breaking into houses *cough* :p You'd be suprised if you knew the amount of players who neevr bothered to lock down stuff in their houses :p

P

- Pathfinder -

Pff I didn't scam people; I looted their houses :p Well I performed one scame, and that netted me a Keep, but I'll be silent about that :)

S

SFXman

Right... that's a new one :)

I never scammed/looted an individual ;p

S

SFXman

No, not really. I have a 37 or 38 month account (haven't checked lately) so I didn't even have trammel before. Although I have a house there now due to the fact that when it opened I was unable to afford a house in the "old side" also called Felucca. Soooo....

P

- Pathfinder -

Felucca sucked :p Actually the whole concept of two realms sucked, but that's another story. Free shard forever :p (Especial with me as a GM :))

S

SFXman

lol... GM... no wonder you can scam keeps ;)

But umm... felucca is the same as the game used to be with one realm and those were the best times!

P

- Pathfinder -

Give us PK forever :p Pff I didn't scam while I was a GM :p

S

SFXman

PKers were such a pain before the dual-trammel/felucca crap, as a miner...

P

- Pathfinder -

PKing made UO great :p Miners rocked, supplied me with free cash :)

P

- Pathfinder -

PPKers on our server got owned most of the time :p Forming a guild with all the top PKers might've been too nasty :)

S

SFXman

I remember some PK guilds.... OMG when a guild of around 30 PKs arrived to some dungeon... it was freaking mayhem.

P

- Pathfinder -

LeAs it should be :p Feel the wrath of bahamut, my pet dragon :D Oops, forgot to feed him, ii better leg it.

S

SFXman

riiiiiiiiiiiggggggggghttttt... *looks extremely confused*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom