DAoC and Mac

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
I realize that this question has been asked on various forums on the web before, but all of the threads I've been able to find are horribly outdated.

I'm thinking about trying out DAoC again (US classic), but since I recently purchased a Mac and threw out my old PC (which was utter shite anyway), I'll need to know if I can run DAoC on mac before I start something I wont be able to finish. I know there's Bootcamp for installing win xp, but I'm wondering if there might be a mac osx version of DAoC. Many other games are beginning to go that way (Call of Duty has been doing it a few times, COD4 being released late May, early June and pretty much all Blizzard games have been doing it forever), so I was thinking, why not DAoC - it'd make sense, since they'd be able to reach players like me, who doesn't own a regular PC.

If anyone has any experience running DAoC, either via Bootcamp or if it by some odd chance IS possible to run DAoC directly on mac osx, any thoughts would be more than welcome.

Cheers.

- Nausilus

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Bootcamp only :< I got the same problem (can't use my Notebook as 3rd computer for DAoC :( ) but I cba to use Bootcamp ^^

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Yea it's the same here, not sure if I want to bother with Bootcamp - may as well just stay away from DAoC all together... Would've been fun to try again though, I heard there's still lots of action on US servers.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Yea it's the same here, not sure if I want to bother with Bootcamp - may as well just stay away from DAoC all together... Would've been fun to try again though, I heard there's still lots of action on US servers.

Thing is, do you have a Mac, a MacBook or a MacBook Pro, cause I don't think you can enjoy the game much with a normale MacBook, due to the gfx being shared memory :<

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
I do have an iMac, the stationary machine with all the hardware in the monitor. It's not a gamer machine, but it should be fine for a game like DAoC :) Still, I would rather not have to have winxp installed in order to play it... They really should make a mac osx version!

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
I pulled myself together and installed win xp via Boot Camp. Once I got started, it was actually really easy and straight forward. DAoC is installed and I'm now trying the 14-day trial on Gareth-US - game is running perfectly with max gfx settings, although my machine has the lowest setup available for iMac.

Only weird thing is DAoC.. lots have changed since I played EU last :)

- Nausilus

liloe

It's my birthday today!
I pulled myself together and installed win xp via Boot Camp. Once I got started, it was actually really easy and straight forward. DAoC is installed and I'm now trying the 14-day trial on Gareth-US - game is running perfectly with max gfx settings, although my machine has the lowest setup available for iMac.

Only weird thing is DAoC.. lots have changed since I played EU last :)

- Nausilus

Nice info =) Thanks and have a rep =)

Necraa

Fledgling Freddie
DAOC on mac os x

They need to make this for mac os x .. Bootcamp is still winblows and sorry but WOW is more successful due to this fact it is multi-platform.

It should not be hard to make a client for the OS x they just lazy and have been switching managers for this division on a weekly basis. But hey they dont want money .. thats there option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom