DAOC and a laptop

F

Farnis

My mates just bought a laptop and wants to know whether he can play DAOC on it - I know bugger all about laptops so hopefully one of you can help.

Its a celeron 2Gig with 256MB of RAM which is fine, but the thing I was concerned about is the GFX card - Its a Satelite Pro A10 - dows anyone know if he can run the client on this machine?

K

Keogh

Looking at the gfx chipset I would bet it won't run well, if at all. Only one way for him to find out.

And 256mb ram is really too low for SI.

R

Rubric

I got away with playing classic with an integrated S3 Twister GFX chipset. It wouldnt touch SI though.

I did have 512MB ram though.

O

old.Vae

I sometimes run SI on a laptop: Celeron 1.7, 256Mb Ram, 32Mb Gfx Card.

It's ok for a bot or for some PvE but don't go to Goth, Cam, Sauvage or RvR with it :)

O

old.Kerosene

If it's any use, I played a bot on a

Celeron 500, 128Mb mem and a little demon drawing pictures for a gfx card. Didn't have 3d acceleration.

Got about 2 frames per second but still ran. AS a tip, if you're running a bot on a laptop, always look at the floor or up in the air, especially on /stick

J

Jephtha

I have an acer Centrino Lci 512meg ram and Radeon 9000 64meg mobility chipset.....I am able to play SI without any problems and can also RVR as long as the zerging isn't too bad!!!

No idea how it will run on your m8's laptop, what graphic chipset is it and does it use shared memory?

Users who are viewing this thread