DAOC actually getting better?

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I ask this because I find myself enjoying the game more now after TOA than 18 months ago when I was actively RvRing most nights. OK there are a ton of things that effect how much you enjoy DAOC, friends, guild, alliance etc but I have to admit for all I hate TOA artifacts I quite like exploring and fighting there. You just never know what'll drop from the next mob.

RvR wise, yeah it's harder now if you're not loaded up with artifacts and realm abilities but the whine in thr rvr forum just shows how much more unpredictable the game has gotten. It's no longer a case of group/buff/run out and die.

now you group/buff/run out and die a bit slower with some cool effects (or instantly if the animists are camping).

Anyway think of this as an anti-whine thread like those I've read recently "spirit of midgard has gone" etc. I actually think it's alive and well, is in the RS alliance anyway. :drink:

Freetha

Fledgling Freddie
Toa is beautifull to explore.. Exciting to hunt in (for those that have a bot or a willing groop),.. it gives many new abilities and quests... the ML's are worth the effort ofc (but hunters don't get invited).. many artifacts are truly awsome but the scrolls are sold for more than I can afford ofc...

then there is the downsides... people have become more self centered and more self absorbed... since toa... the "perfect groop" has been evolved to an art form.. and well.. even in a good guild.. saying "anyone up to something?" or "anyone wanna do something?".. is less than likely to be answered..

Kainz

Fledgling Freddie
Getting better!? How dare you say such a thing! /me slaps with a :m00:

Just wait until Daco:Cats, we'll have more timesinks I tell ya!

tsaxpinoula

Fledgling Freddie
well

toa is nice artifacts and MLs gives some new abilities for rvr but:
i am tired to allways run and hurry to make the "ideal" char and quess what: when its ready a new patch tells me "HEY!! you need new items and template etc"
i know i am not that good player and sometimes i dont hurry up taking an artifact byt i dont play to be stressed if the SOM or any other artifact is up and if i have the ideal grp to get it and if i have the luck to gather all scrolls.... HEY wtf i play for fun :flame:

H4rrM

Fledgling Freddie
Sure TOA give the game more content... You cant just have a SM on 1 account go to moderna/lair 2 days and then 1 day making template and u have a capped char ready for RvR anymore. That is imo a good thing...

On the other hand i hate it... there are certain artifacts which i need to make a good template compared to others now... I've been trying to get cloudsong for 2 weeks now. I am free from work, school etc so i have verry much spare time and spend it by the comp mostly... 2 weeks and maybe 13-15 hours ingame and a few days only away from the camping... makes a nice average of maybe 11 hours a day camping, 2 weeks, there u go 150 hours aprox wasted cuz i still dont have the cloak... I am in a small guild, will soon split up i fear :( , and that doesnt make it much easier... most time eramai actually pop some1 else is faster than me... feels kinda annoying when after 15 hours camping he dont pop and a FG passes by and woops he pops right in their arms... Or early morning... no1 in guild online no friends online, eramai pop.... waht to do what to do? /who warrior 50 gives 3 results, pm all 3 of em and after a few minutes u have 3 panthers sneaking in and killing eramai... not in group with you i should ad :p ...
As it is now it would have been easier to farm df for ages to make money to get encounter and BUY da damn thing fer 50p! Thats kinda sick :twak:

Misleath

Fledgling Freddie
H4rrM said:
Sure TOA give the game more content... You cant just have a SM on 1 account go to moderna/lair 2 days and then 1 day making template and u have a capped char ready for RvR anymore. That is imo a good thing...

On the other hand i hate it... there are certain artifacts which i need to make a good template compared to others now... I've been trying to get cloudsong for 2 weeks now. I am free from work, school etc so i have verry much spare time and spend it by the comp mostly... 2 weeks and maybe 13-15 hours ingame and a few days only away from the camping... makes a nice average of maybe 11 hours a day camping, 2 weeks, there u go 150 hours aprox wasted cuz i still dont have the cloak... I am in a small guild, will soon split up i fear :( , and that doesnt make it much easier... most time eramai actually pop some1 else is faster than me... feels kinda annoying when after 15 hours camping he dont pop and a FG passes by and woops he pops right in their arms... Or early morning... no1 in guild online no friends online, eramai pop.... waht to do what to do? /who warrior 50 gives 3 results, pm all 3 of em and after a few minutes u have 3 panthers sneaking in and killing eramai... not in group with you i should ad :p ...
As it is now it would have been easier to farm df for ages to make money to get encounter and BUY da damn thing fer 50p! Thats kinda sick :twak:

Thats the life of playing in a small non-competitive guild. It is actually easier to farm cash than to farm artifacts in general. Leech encounter on someone and then farm cash to buy the artifact.

ToA made the game very very different, hard to say if better or worse.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Kind of a double-edged sword imo, while I do like the way you now have to do more than just take your SM+Leech to whatever the latest 'UberSpot' is and spend a few days spamming PBAE to become 'Viable' in RvR at the same time its doubling the workload for people who don't have access to afore mentioned SM+Leech combo as well. I suppose the one saving grace is that you can start ML's from lvl40 (i'm currently lvling my RM via the ML's)

I wouldn't say the ML's are that much of a timesink comparativly, it just seems like a long time because most people can't be bothered to done some research and lead their own raids - they'd rather whine on /as 'till they get what they want.

I agree with most people when it says ToA has made stuff harder it does tend to penalise those who are just joining as well as those who don't have access to Plvl.

H4rrM

Fledgling Freddie
Me and ToA just became friends again! It gave me my precious Cloudsong at last :clap:

Fiver

Fledgling Freddie
Kainz said:
Getting better!? How dare you say such a thing! /me slaps with a :m00:

Just wait until Daco:Cats, we'll have more timesinks I tell ya!

Grats with lvl 50 mate :clap: well deserved :)

Btw ill be back next week :)

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Fiver said:
Grats with lvl 50 mate :clap: well deserved :)

Btw ill be back next week :)
Take it you'll be back quicker if Euro 2004 doesn't go your way :D

Fiver

Fledgling Freddie
Kami said:
Take it you'll be back quicker if Euro 2004 doesn't go your way :D

Dont say that :( Sweden getting there ass kicked tonight :kissit:

Hansa

Fledgling Freddie
Fiver said:
Dont say that :( Sweden getting there ass kicked tonight :kissit:

Gonna have to agree with that :)

Im about to get ready for the game, down here in portugal.

Gonna be loads of beers and happy peeps, either swedish or danish, doesnt matter tbh :)

Anyway,
Will also be back ingame soon as this is the last game i have tickets for.

cougar

Fledgling Freddie
our alliance with aegir adventures is working rly good! daoc is getting better!

harm

Fledgling Freddie
Kami said:
I ask this because I find myself enjoying the game more now after TOA than 18 months ago when I was actively RvRing most nights. OK there are a ton of things that effect how much you enjoy DAOC, friends, guild, alliance etc but I have to admit for all I hate TOA artifacts I quite like exploring and fighting there. You just never know what'll drop from the next mob.

RvR wise, yeah it's harder now if you're not loaded up with artifacts and realm abilities but the whine in thr rvr forum just shows how much more unpredictable the game has gotten. It's no longer a case of group/buff/run out and die.

now you group/buff/run out and die a bit slower with some cool effects (or instantly if the animists are camping).

Anyway think of this as an anti-whine thread like those I've read recently "spirit of midgard has gone" etc. I actually think it's alive and well, is in the RS alliance anyway. :drink:

It's going alot back and forth with me, but speaking of time played per day, I spend a whole lot more now than, e.g 2 years ago. Maybe I like toa after all :p

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
harm said:
It's going alot back and forth with me, but speaking of time played per day, I spend a whole lot more now than, e.g 2 years ago. Maybe I like toa after all :p

You on wrong server harm :D

Guess i dont qualify to answer this because i only play because there's nothing else to play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom