daoc account problem

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
I have no idea why that have changed the login/password etc...

I'm going through my accounts and have a problem...

Account Name:
Password:

After I type them in I get incorrect login/password. So I then goto 'Forgot your password' and type in the game account and then I get 'the master account is already associated with and EA account. Please login with your EA account'.

I mean how can I log in if the account centre wont let me?

With my other accounts I had no problem... created new email address/new passwords for the website and that all went through without problems.

Any ideas?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I think its fucked on their end. I tried to log in a few days ago and it kept asking for my address and other such info. When I tried using the "already got an account?" option it just went tits up.

- English -

Resident Freddy
I had this problem, having not played for months, i managed to ban my ip from trying and messing about too much. In the end, i had to log in with my EA master account, link them or something. Too complicated for me :(

When it finally let me in .. i got the message saying your IP has been banned and i had to phone their customer support. 5 hours tyring to get through, I gave up and opened my account via my mobile internet.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Im not making 2 new email addy's if they start with this 1 email per 1 acc shit, it's just an excuse for them to sell off our email addy's to online companies for phishing/advertising reasons.

Have afew days left on my sub's and they will lose my 3x subs if this proves too much hassle, only EA could make something more hassle for no reason other than to be stupid.

Anyone notice the cancel subscription button is now gone too ?

Punishment

Resident Freddy
I just refuse to make 3 new email addy's and then have to spend hours on customer support to continue with crap service where you can see more people hacking and getting away with it every day.

No more grab bag no active dev's/community managers and now 1st the XML site and now the billing site go to shit, only so much can happen before it becomes more hassle than it's worth, it's like th expect people to leave, do they honestly expect 10,000 or so subscribers to all phone customer support ?

The problem is on their end and it is a quick fix

delete

Can't get enough of FH
i have 5 accs on one email... no problem here.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
I tried once, got some error so didn't bother, but a friend tells me you can have multiple accounts to one email still. I think it's just linking Master Accounts to EA Accounts now, so you can have all of your daoc accounts under one EA Account.

Seems pretty pointless, and a bit of a ballache tbh since the site doesn't seem to work properly.

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
i have 5 accs on one email... no problem here.

Yes I had all my accounts on 1 email... but EA have changed it so each account you have will go under a different email address... There is noway you can keep accounts under the same email address...

I have 4 accounts and 3 of them are fixed with different emails now. The 4th account is what I'm having problems with and thats on the auto renew which I cannot get access to online.

On all my previous accounts I have done the same thing... load up account management... try to login... failed... request password...got email... re-type new password... go back to account management...login perfect... DONE...

Now I do the above in the exact same way... but when I request password it comes up with that stupid 'the master account is already associated with and EA account. Please login with your EA account'.

I'm going to send them an email and see what happens.

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
I just sent this to the support email and lets see what happens :)

Hi,

this I really do not understand...

Alot of people are de-activating accounts due to this new system you have put in...

Why change the system in the first place if it was working to begin with...

I had several accounts all on 1 email... now I have to create new emails for seperate accounts... I AM REALLY NOT HAPPY as I am having problems with 1 account, see below:

Game Account: XXXXXXXX

Albion
Characters:
Dampknickersfriar = Friar level 50
Fishyknickers = Necromancer level 50
Dirtyharp = Minstrel level 1

Hibernia
Characters:
Dirtystaffbb = Druid level 50
Dirtylittlelurikeen = Vampiir level 50

Midgard
Characters:
Dirtybuffbot = Shaman level 50

THE PROBLEM WITH 'ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT'

On all my previous accounts I have done the same thing... load up account management... try to login... failed... request password...got email... re-type new password... go back to account management...login perfect... DONE...

Now I do the above in the exact same way...login/password = incorrect login/password so I then try request password it then comes up with that stupid 'the master account is already associated with and EA account. Please login with your EA account'. I have noway loggin into my account online...

Regards

Lee

delete

Can't get enough of FH
Yes I had all my accounts on 1 email... but EA have changed it so each account you have will go under a different email address... There is noway you can keep accounts under the same email address...

not true.. create a EA account with same email as your daoc accounts, then login on your EA account and press "LINK ACCOUNTS" osv.

then you have all your accs in one EA acc.. worked for me atleast.

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
not true.. create a EA account with same email as your daoc accounts, then login on your EA account and press "LINK ACCOUNTS" osv.

too late for me now though as I have already made 3 new emails for 3 accounts... I dont think there is a way I can change that back now

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH

I have 4 accounts and 3 of them are fixed with different emails now. The 4th account is what I'm having problems with and thats on the auto renew which I cannot get access to online.

Now I do the above in the exact same way... but when I request password it comes up with that stupid 'the master account is already associated with and EA account. Please login with your EA account'.

I'm going to send them an email and see what happens.

i fixxed mine yesterday and added account to same email ad :)

Amphrax

Part of the furniture

hhmmm what, where, when? I am totally confused where is the create EA acc?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
hhmmm what, where, when? I am totally confused where is the create EA acc?

Google EA Account. If you don't have one, make one. If you do, press forgot password and put in whatever it asks for.

Once you have a Master EA account name, go back to the mythic site and log in your account. When it says some shit about "oh create new EA account" ignore that. It should have a bit where you can link it to your EA account. You have to enter the EA account name (which is your email address).

I just spent about 10 minutes fucking about as I did not know the password to my EA account lol

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
ok I created my account

When I log in I notice 3 accounts already in the link but I need to type in the password but 2 of the accounts I dont need as they are either not paid for or I havn't used them for years.

Now when I goto link my other accounts... it says they are already linked to something else.

I have no idea what I'm doing and im getting quite p'd off

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
Ok phoned them up and was on hold for just about 1 hour...

I explained to her what the situation was... about me making a mistake with 3 accounts and giving them new email addresses etc... wanted them to be under the same email address blah blah blah...

Took me 3-4 goes to spell my name out to her and finally got it. Then I had to explain myself again because she didn't fully know what I wanted.

After a while she finally understood what I wanted so she said no problem I can do it here (I thought great)... She's going through all my details and then BANG... whats the secret password... its like so many years ago I did them and I dont know or cant remember what the secret passwords are for all 3 accounts.

So basically as I couldn't answer that question she wasn't able to help me until I knew what the password was. So I thought why bother with the other 2 accounts as I'm noway going to remember those... As those were 10 year old accounts... I even said I could prove they were mine as I been paying on my card and she replied sorry cant help you there as the billing is down... 1 hour 20 mins later I pretty much said dont worry about it as this was costing me a fortune on my phone.

Duze

Loyal Freddie
I'm having massive problems with this too....

I try to log in to Mythic account management and it asks for my username/password (like it always does). When I put those in it takes me to another page where I have an option on the left to create a new EA account or one on the right to put in my details for existing EA accounts, so I put in my account details again and it says my username is the wrong format - it should be an email address. When I try putting in my email address as my user name it tells me its invalid....

I made a master EA account but it didn't ask me to use an email address as my username, and even that, when I try to actually look at anything (like support etc.), just keeps asking me over and over to put in my username and password and pushes me around from page to page, without actually letting me look at anything.

I seem to be just bouncing around from screen to screen and everything I try is either the wrong format, invalid or already exists. Been trying for 2 days now and haven't even been able to log in once, to anything...

Its starting to drive me a bit crazy and I'm getting more and more frustrated.

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
oh i forgot to add... I had problems logging into 1 of my accounts as it was saying login/password was incorrect... god knows why I tried this, but I did anyway...

I tried using my game/login to log onto the account and nothing... for some strange reason I thought I try my old password and guess what... it worked. So not only they changed my password... they never fecking told me they did...

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
The thing thats confusing me is... I have 3 accounts registered to 1 email...but I can't link the 3rd even though its their when I choose link accounts; I put on the Acc management pw or game pw and it just says "an error occured" and tells me to go back to the homepage.

Then I have a 4th acc that I cant change the email info to my EA acc that I wanted all 4 on, as it says "email in use" ....

Why did they have to change something that was working FFS !

--30000--20435_product_773532821_thumb_large.jpg

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
oki...went through some posts here about old passwords, logged into acc center on 3rd with an old game pw, that allowed me then to select a master acc etc, tried to link it twice first time seemed to fail; now I can log in master acc and switch between the 3...just the last account to go I guess.

Fcking painfull though lol, I mean having to remember a pw I used 3 pw's ago for Dyvet days is bad XD

locked my 4th account out for 30 mins, even though I had it logged in @ acc center earlier..sigh..

Punishment

Resident Freddy
I don't get why they are forcing ea accounts on us, its like they are completely taking mythic/bioware out of the loop

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
hmm yeah well I seem to have linked my 4th acc to another email ! sigh, and it won't let me link it to my main email... or de-link it :eek: guess that will have to do for now.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Linked my 5 accounts to the same e-mail, no problems at all. :O

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
yeh I managed to link all of mine with no issues too, only problems I had was that I believe I locked out my IP from logging in and out too many times :>

apparently resets after 24 hours tho

BigE

One of Freddy's beloved
yer had a problem at first until i realised what they had done.. Seems they had disabled all the individual logins, so i had to login using me US main account login. I was then able to link all my EU accounts to this... I assuem they had checked what email addresses were showing on each account and so linked them together.. as a my warhammer and and old EU account are re-showing in my subs.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
Yup,

was very simple actually - the actual aim was for people to have all of their accounts against 1 email without it being confusing/messy.

Seems quite alot of the thread didn't seem to realise this :(

if any1 wants any help with the account centre though just ask I'll be happy to explain the process that i went through in order to get all my accounts in the right place :)

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
seems like abit of a hassle, fucking EA. i get why tho, but could be made ALOT! easier

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom