DAoC - 2009

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
Ok I been thinking this for a few days now.

The population over 5 servers on the German servers reaches approx 1800 prime time.

Avalon roughly 500
Stonehenge roughly 400
Logres roughly 300
Dartmoor roughly 300
Cant remember other :( 300

If people did come back to daoc just think of the population over 5 servers.

If you can spread the word. The action would be even better than it is now...

COME PLAY ON THE GERMAN SERVERS :)

I'm English and I got no clue on the language when i play on the german servers.

The Germans are more than helpful and willing to help if you need anything.

Gah gotta get back to work :( so i try finish this later...

Anyway you got the gist of the above

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Ok I been thinking this for a few days now.

The population over 5 servers on the German servers reaches approx 1800 prime time.

Avalon roughly 500
Stonehenge roughly 400
Logres roughly 300
Dartmoor roughly 300
Cant remember other :( 300

If people did come back to daoc just think of the population over 5 servers.

If you can spread the word. The action would be even better than it is now...

COME PLAY ON THE GERMAN SERVERS :)

I'm English and I got no clue on the language when i play on the german servers.

The Germans are more than helpful and willing to help if you need anything.

Gah gotta get back to work :( so i try finish this later...

Anyway you got the gist of the above

1800 today vs 3 k b4 is much bigger rvr popolation, as most ppl were busy lvling or other pve stuff, now most ppl are done with their chars and rvr. ofc there are ppl who make new toons and raid stuff. but quite a big rvr pop.

FAM87

Loyal Freddie
Me and a couple of mates has rerolled on the German server, looking forward to some RVR "goodieness".

dedane

Fledgling Freddie
I startet playing on avalon server 1 week ago....and im enjoying my self like in the "good old days" on prydwen.

Kind regards

Sedane

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Like Coldballs :)D), cba with the Germans. S'all well and good going 'ohh but we have english alliances bla bla etc', doesn't make a difference about the whole bloody game being German though.

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
A lot of Germans can speak English. They change them to English servers :D

But people should play DAoC again anyway. It's the best MMO.

I

Icaras

germans to come play on US servers :clap:

would be great to just cluster world wide buddy.

Azagthoth

Fledgling Freddie
There are a very large number on the german servers who are English speaking hence they come from the good ol UK servers and many of em germans can speak and understans English so there is no real excuse to avoid the german severs.

Not for an experienced player atleast hence you all know how to get your toon fit for fight.
All quests are on the net anyways.

Yes we all miss the good ol UK servers but they are not comming back so drop your pride and join the others on ze german servers.

Alot of people have joined as it seams the last months and the population is very good now, I couldnt belive that it was a 1000 on Stonehenge cluster last night, and Im not counting the Avalon cluster whitch the Stonehenge cluster is clustred with nowdays.

So lets get out there and have some fuuuuuuun!!!!:cheers:

Pertan

Can't get enough of FH
One good excuse that people seem to forget is that GOA haven't cared about updating the game in about 1½ years.

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
One good excuse that people seem to forget is that GOA haven't cared about updating the game in about 1½ years.

Pve mobs? no ty. Game is at the best balance now since the good ol' 1.65 patch imo.

Pve nerf and rvr balance=happy camper:)

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
I dont like german tooltips,sorry! or german language at all for that matter

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
I dont like german tooltips,sorry! or german language at all for that matter

Well do u read the tooltips ingame? do u read stuff ingame unless u must? i dont understand the point, new game then sure. 6 year old game that most know by heart? dont have to read and dont wanna:)

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
It's not the language as much as the mentality and behaviour of those playing there.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Only problem with the German servers is that RvR areas seem to be lagging quite frequently recently.

Anyway, 8v8 is nice and active, plenty of zerging and keep takes as well.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Only problem with the German servers is that RvR areas seem to be lagging quite frequently recently.

Anyway, 8v8 is nice and active, plenty of zerging and keep takes as well.

your back on .de ?

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Ah u mean the superior 8v8 and the general friendly attitud, yeah those can be real turnoffs:p

The the ever present things like ridiculous strafe whine and crying like babies paired with the massive hypocrisy when it comes to following rulesets mixed with a high degree of social awkwardness and xenophobia, yepp, that was exactly what I meant.

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Well do u read the tooltips ingame? do u read stuff ingame unless u must? i dont understand the point, new game then sure. 6 year old game that most know by heart? dont have to read and dont wanna:)

the biggest problem with the german servers aren't the german client, although it's really annoying trying to guess what the text means.

the biggest "problem" is that it's a german server, with a majority of german players on it. yes, they are really friendly and reply in english (or something similiar to english when you ask them something) but the server language is still in german. so every bg-chat, region chat, etc is filled with text i don't understand a word off.

this is why the german servers are a turn off for me, and i think why many are pessimistic towards the idea of playing on a german server.

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
rather play on US daoc where the clients are in eng and ppl speak eng...not that i couldent get lvl 50 and ml10/cl10 and arties etc wihout having to read up on quests...but still german client=sucks balls

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Such nonsense whine ;)

Some people just dont like to play on server where they dont understand a language everyone speaks ,must be fun picking all the RA's since you need german guy to translate whatever that "Heinriz Wummel!" ability does.

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
Some people just dont like to play on server where they dont understand a language everyone speaks ,must be fun picking all the RA's since you need german guy to translate whatever that "Heinriz Wummel!" ability does.

Well, lets say you don't understand it at first glance, looking at the info will give you a clue.. and if that isn't enough asking random person will give you the info. So now you done that and can continue enoying your 1900 ppl server.

Oh now it is soon EU primetime and only 800 ppl online on Devon and 350 on Kili while at .de cluster it is 1500 ppl, thats almost 2x the nummbers.

I mean I played alot on the American servers aswell, I had 2x skalds,1x valk, 1x bard, 1x arms and a minstrels there.. I hardly converse with random ppl, I don't join random zerg bgs and I do not need to read the broad channels.. I mean WHY would I? I solo, small grp or 8v8, and I do it with friends on vent. What I do need is people to kill and a healthy server.

Not beeing able to read every spamm in the chats and at first glance on a new class not knowing instantly wich is the ST or Ichor ability is just such a small "annoyance" if you can even call it that.

Nps u can delude urself all you want that language > active players on a server, but in the end it all comes down to nummbers, how many ppl you have the opportunity to play against. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom