damn pirates

T

Tom

pirates are respawning in release much faster than in beta, its bloody hard work clearing them

C

.Cask

Hrm they are kicking my ass.

I bought a punisher with 4 turret slots so I could have 2 miners and 2 guns. But I can only seem to use 3 at once. Any idea?

T

Tom

perhaps power usage? are they all online in the 'fitting' window?

I'm finding that I can mine in a 0.6 system, without any guns, so long as I sneak from belt to belt and mine while the pirates are off somewhere else. Usually I get about 5 mins before they come rushing in, and I just bugger off elsewhere and mine there!

C

.Cask

Heh wow I killed one but now I have to pay 100k for repairs... what's the point?

T

Tom

If you have a good enough ship, and a certain mastery of gunnery skills, with a half decent weapon, you can completely own pirates. I've killed about 30 now, my sec rating is up to 0.7

C

Custy

Can't wait till thurs when i get it, the pirates wont know what hit em :)

E

Embattle

Argh fuck it, my olds decided to go to Kingston and asked if I wanted any thing. I had a £20 note and thought fuck it and said I would pay my dad back the other £10.....I would only waste it on sweets if I did'nt get EVE :)

C

.Cask

I think it's one of those games that requires a real commitment to get anywhere in it. Definately needs loads of patience to get through the early stages.

Working a 10 hour shift today and everyone in my corp. will have overtaken me by the time I'm finished :(

Z

Zarjazz

Well I don't know about the beta since I never played that but I do know got to be damn careful of the pirates until you get a bloody good ship. I did the old "run away" trick which was working fine until 4 pirates came along with weapons my shields were %0 resistant too. Lost my ship within a few seconds :( Sticking to less risky tactics now until I'm confident I can withstand em for real

D

Durzel

Originally posted by Tom[SHOTTEH]
If you have a good enough ship, and a certain mastery of gunnery skills, with a half decent weapon, you can completely own pirates. I've killed about 30 now, my sec rating is up to 0.7
Does it have real-time combat then ala Freelancer? Or do you just select something and hit fire until either it or you are dead?

Coming from an E&B background, I can't see how "gunnery skills" come into it unless it is real time.

C

Custy

maybe he means skills as in an in game skill and not a twitch skill?

T

Tom

Originally posted by Durzel
Does it have real-time combat then ala Freelancer? Or do you just select something and hit fire until either it or you are dead?

Coming from an E&B background, I can't see how "gunnery skills" come into it unless it is real time.

Your skill as a fighter is determined by your characters 'skill' rating. For instance, if you have hybrid turret skill level 4 (that takes about 2 days to train), thats better than hybrid tsl 3. Moving the mouse around or clicking things doesn't really make you any better, and experience in battles doesn't raise your skill level, just your security status and your wallet.

T

Tom

lol

I rather stupidly left my ship on autopilot through some 0.0 and 0.1 systems. Came back an hour later, to find a lovely little escape pod surrounded by huge chunks of my ship, and bits of cargo floating around.

Oh, and about 3 pirates orbiting me, chuckling away.

Gits. That's my wallet down to 0 after buying another imi.

T

Tom

Oh well look on the bright side, with this escape pod at least now I can use it to bring 2 ships to one station

O

Olgark

been mining in a 0.0 sec system in a probe and no weapons.
Just mine and if i see the pirates warp in I run.

T

Tom

heh they did something to the pirates in the patch, cos I just lost my velator while approaching a stargate, courtesy of 2 missiles fired at my butt.

C

.Cask

Yup those missiles are seriously badass. Just as I had prepped my ship for pirate hunting too :(

O

Old Nicodemus

Originally posted by .Cask
Hrm they are kicking my ass.

I bought a punisher with 4 turret slots so I could have 2 miners and 2 guns. But I can only seem to use 3 at once. Any idea?

Punisher has 4 hi slots. 3 are for guns 1 is for missles only. So you can only have 3 guns operating at any one time ;)

The Pirate spawn is great.. Beta they got cleared out and you'd be lucky if they came back before the next server downtime in some systems.

O

Old Nicodemus

Sorry .Cask

I'm currently on the road so haven't been able to get online recently. ;)

Glad you worked it out though :)

Users who are viewing this thread