DAIC - 2 instances on split screen performance enquiry?

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Getting near the time I want to upgrade PC, and also go for something smaller and quiter than current overclocked dinosaur I have, along side being able to decommision a bot PC.

As such, does anyone out there run 2 instances of DAOC, both in windowed mode, with the instances on seperate screens, ie one instance per screen in duel display setup?

This would seem ideal solution and now with the duel core processors you'd expect reasonable performance, however, from past experience whatever runs on the secondary display (even if you just shift over a single intance to it, with that being the only instance running) seems to suffer very poor performance. Like 3d graphics acceleration isnt enabled for second display or something like that.

Anyone any direct experience of this?

Himse

FH is my second home
i have two screens atm, which i plan to run as 2x monitors so i can see both accts at once. So yeah i'd like to know about performance issues plix :D

Vodkai

Fledgling Freddie
crom, as long as you have 1Gb ram and a graphics card able to dual screen you should have no problems.

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Getting near the time I want to upgrade PC, and also go for something smaller and quiter than current overclocked dinosaur I have, along side being able to decommision a bot PC.

As such, does anyone out there run 2 instances of DAOC, both in windowed mode, with the instances on seperate screens, ie one instance per screen in duel display setup?

This would seem ideal solution and now with the duel core processors you'd expect reasonable performance, however, from past experience whatever runs on the secondary display (even if you just shift over a single intance to it, with that being the only instance running) seems to suffer very poor performance. Like 3d graphics acceleration isnt enabled for second display or something like that.

Anyone any direct experience of this?

Ask horner.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
crom, as long as you have 1Gb ram and a graphics card able to dual screen you should have no problems.

Try 2GB RAM these days. DAoC tends to eat a rather large amount of memory and every bit helps.

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
Try 2GB RAM these days. DAoC tends to eat a rather large amount of memory and every bit helps.

yup, atm i'm running 2 laby clients with full gfx (only shadows disabled) and each one eats about 800-850 megs of ram.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Well i know the specs required to run 2 accounts. I was specifically asking if anyone had tried it across two screens, as ive past experience of performance degradation when running the game on the second screen, far beyond that which you'd expect from the simple hit of running two instances - like I said - as if the second screen wasnt getting any hardware graphics acceleration.

Was wondering if anyone was specically running in that config who could confirm that it was just an oddity.

And lol at the title DAIC, thanks for not taking the piss ... yet.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH

Have you tried it? My bad experience was on a lappy where could be some skimping on what acceleration is provided to secondary display. Dont know the ins and outs of it to be honest. Not to harp on, but why im asking is that when I just ran a single instance on the lappy, and moved it to the secondary screen it ran like a dog, when entire daoc window moved to primary screen it was ok again.

confused

Can't get enough of FH
Works fine, had it running on two screens a while ago, now got 3 with a matrox triplehead2go. Works 100% ok with a 8800gtx, still with two clients ofc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom