dafuq @ Xbox 720 specs?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Rumour thus far but if it is on the complete off chance true.... dafuq? its just a pc lol.

Microsoft Xbox 720 could have an eight-core CPU, according to new leaks.

This latest rumour is via BD, who posts regularly on TGFC, which is a Chinese forum. What’s special about him? Well, he is an ex-Ubisoft employee, and claims to know all information about the Xbox 720, including the RAM, and plenty of other stuff.
According to him, the Xbox 720 will have aneight-core CPU, and an 8800 series GPU. This also fits in with our previous report where we mentioned that the Xbox 720 could be running on a AMD HD 8000M graphics card.
It is also said that Microsoft will be using Windows 8 kernel for the system, which is pretty straightforward, as they have been pushing it a lot. He said that it will have 8 GB memory and a 640 GB hard drive.
Treat this with a grain of salt obviously, as nothing is confirmed yet. However, these are times when insiders can leak out information for a variety of reasons. E3 2013 will be held on June 13, so not long to go before Microsoft finally unveils the system to the world.
What are your thoughts on this rumour?

Aada

Part of the furniture
Rumour thus far but if it is on the complete off chance true.... dafuq? its just a pc lol.

Microsoft Xbox 720 could have an eight-core CPU, according to new leaks.

This latest rumour is via BD, who posts regularly on TGFC, which is a Chinese forum. What’s special about him? Well, he is an ex-Ubisoft employee, and claims to know all information about the Xbox 720, including the RAM, and plenty of other stuff.
According to him, the Xbox 720 will have aneight-core CPU, and an 8800 series GPU. This also fits in with our previous report where we mentioned that the Xbox 720 could be running on a AMD HD 8000M graphics card.
It is also said that Microsoft will be using Windows 8 kernel for the system, which is pretty straightforward, as they have been pushing it a lot. He said that it will have 8 GB memory and a 640 GB hard drive.
Treat this with a grain of salt obviously, as nothing is confirmed yet. However, these are times when insiders can leak out information for a variety of reasons. E3 2013 will be held on June 13, so not long to go before Microsoft finally unveils the system to the world.
What are your thoughts on this rumour?

Well the PS3 and the 360 are just PCs at their very core but without the bullshit

Personally it's going to be a great year for gamers if both Sony and MS release their consoles around the same time.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Eh, everyone with alleged connections knows the alleged specs of both already :p

They are allegedly extremely similar, however the rumoured always on DRM for the xbox will be a deciding factor imo.

I mean, who wants to have no internet and go "hmm i'll play on my console", oh the console won't even fking load ? yayyyyyyyy. You cant play single player offline without internet? LOL.

It will seriously affect sales in countries w/ 3rd world internet ( like 'murica! ).

Last edited:

Aada

Part of the furniture
The rumour about Sony and their idea of games being locked to the console it's played on is shit too, but the idea will only work if they both do it.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Yeah both ideas are bad but the always on drm is way worse.
Average american internet is about 5 years behind the uk, if not worse. There will be so many rageposts online after release I will be enjoying the delicious whine so much, meanwhile the pc master race will all be switching to oculus rifts and enjoying the extra power our hardware gives us over budget pcs in a box ( the new consoles ). woooo. Good time to be a pc gamer.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
The rumour about Sony and their idea of games being locked to the console it's played on is shit too, but the idea will only work if they both do it.

think both will do it, its not just just ms and sony losing a ton from the 2nd hand market the devs and publishers also want it happening.

either way hope to fuck we get proper new orignal games rather than reboots which seems to be a catching craze like the movies.

as for the oculus rift head set they need to get the issue for peeps who wear glasses sorted :/ i really wana try that thing

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
If the consoles do not allow pre-owned or require an internet connection to play *any* game then this is one generation I will be sitting out.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I'll still get either or both, always online doesn't bother me since everything in my house is online if I want it to be.

Just want E3 to get here as the constant rumours are getting annoying.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I'll prob just get the 720, the only reason i bought a ps3 was because of final fantasy games but it looks like they've lost all of the exclusivity on the ps3 as they're all on the 360 now aswell and will likely be on the 720 aswell.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'll still get either or both, always online doesn't bother me since everything in my house is online if I want it to be.

<snip>
So your internet connection is fucked somewhere in the road, how can you be online if you want to be unless you want to try and connect over a shit 3G connection ?

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
If either of them turn out to have their alleged DRM/locking of games to one system bullshit I'll definitely be sitting them out.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I think the PS4 is, or at least they planned to. Not heard whether Microsoft are doing that too.

All that was before the law that allows the resale of software though so who knows...

leggy

Probably Scottish
Agree with most of the sentiments here. Specs are irrelevant as I'm sure there will still be games which tickle me in places where my missus can't. However, I will not pay for a console, which I mainly use for SP games, if I can't play pre-owned/borrowed games or it requires an always on connection.

My 360 still has years of life left and there are a shit load of games I still haven't played anyway. And when that loses it's appeal I'll get a cheap ps3 and play some of it's bargain basket exclusives.

Aada

Part of the furniture
There will still be great games coming out for both consoles for a few years yet.

leggy

Probably Scottish
There will still be great games coming out for both consoles for a few years yet.

Exactly, they have only just stop manufacturing and distributing the PS2 in Japan.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
There are still new games being released for the megadrive and snes.

leggy

Probably Scottish
I see where this is going :)

Next post: "Jet set willy 3 in development for spectrum 48k!!!"

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I wouldn't mind if they didn't allow the resale of games, if it meant the overall price of the games go down - Like Steam.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The overall price of games hasn't gone down on Steam. They do sales, just like retail stores. A new game still costs full whack normally.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I wouldn't mind if they didn't allow the resale of games, if it meant the overall price of the games go down - Like Steam.

They never go down on steam for a long time, take a look at Skyrim vs buying it from shopto, £29.99 vs £14.99, that just takes the piss.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Legally they can't stop you reselling software in the EU regardless of what ToS/EULA says, they can however very craftily change it from a "License" and say "We're just letting you play it/rent it" basically rendering said law invalid if i'm not mistaken (which is what steam has done, you don't own a single game on steam technically you are just giving them full retail price for the privilege of playing it)

http://curia.europa.eu/juris/docume...EN&mode=req&dir=&occ=first&part=1&cid=5252243

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom