D&D Online

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
This seems like a really nice game to me, tho I've hardly got the time to play it as I've been working a lot of late and all the time I do have for my pc is spent on DAoC, but it might be nice on the side.
I haven't spent too much time looking into it yet, and it doesn't help that the official site is fairly huge, with quite a lot of information, so it's hard to find some straight answers. Now, I'm wondering whether any of you tried the game, and if so, if it's any good. Does it have any pvp, and are my suspicions about it only having 10 levels in there correct? Could you compare it to any other MMORPG in the way of leveling up, questing, finding groups, and how much time you'll have to spend on your character?
It'd be a shame if it were as fast-paced as Guildwars, pve-wise, as everyone will have every class rather than having spent a lot of time on one particular class to level it up and equip it, like in DAoC or some other games.
Ta!

edit: The trailer makes the game look a lot like an online version of Dungeon Siege, with WoW graphics :p It's bound to be good if it's like the first Dungeon Siege, as that managed to keep me happy for a number of days :d

UriZeN

Fledgling Freddie
well what to say most of the game is a replica of d&d sessions looks very similar to never winter nights foir those that have never played d&d. its true that u cap at level 10 for now and u will be able to get lvl20 in the upcoming expansion which is actually the cap according to d&d rules. it has awesome graphics and the pve is very addictive almost gets u in the skin of ur character. as for pvp unfortunately it has none for now and im not sure if it will ever have any because original d&d has no pvp its based mostly on constand questing.

thats all more or less ask if i missed anything

TeaSpoon

Fledgling Freddie
I've been told that there are 10 levels, but you get 5 stages between each level, so its kind like level 50.

Everything is instanced. No "open field" play. And have been told it takes ages to level up.

Lomme

Fledgling Freddie
tried the beta a while back, more fun to create chars than to play the game

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
Straef said:
Does it have any pvp, and are my suspicions about it only having 10 levels in there correct? Could you compare it to any other MMORPG in the way of leveling up, questing, finding groups, and how much time you'll have to spend on your character?

like urizen said, no pvp/rvr

its a pure pve game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom