Cycling

RedVenom

Banned
And not on TV.

Quick straw poll to see if anyone actually indulges in exercise of the two wheeled type; where, when, what, and other w's.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I mountainbike. You may have read about it on the old BW forums.

leggy

Probably Scottish
The only bike action I get is in the gym unfortunately. I would own a mountain bike if the roads weren't so dangerous here. There is almost no where to cycle without sticking it on the car and heading far out into the country.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
I cycle to work and back during the summer, or rather when the light allows the local park to be open beyond 6pm, otherwise its a long trek around it and rather dangerous.

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
Mountainbiking when i have the time to head out to the country. Riding around here is likely to get you killed within a few minutes.

RedVenom

Banned
TdC said:
I mountainbike. You may have read about it on the old BW forums.

No, but unlike linux, you might be the right person to answer some questions.... that is of course if when you say mountainbike, you do actually mean riding up and down hills, along trails and through fields.

Gurnox

One of Freddy's beloved
I've constructed a special machine.

I ask it questions,

It answers.

And I believe.

RedVenom

Banned
Gurnox said:
And I believe.

You believe wrong.

So, any of you pseudo-cyclists use cleated pedals? For screaming down hill it seems a really bad idea to have your feet actually attached to the bike. Not that I'm planning on falling off, but stranger things have happened. I appreciate their value for cycling on flat or uphill areas, but off-roading makes me wonder if they are a good choice.

Also, is anyone serious enough about it to make wild weight savings by changing out every element of their previous mediocre veichals for something crazy? Why? Does it really make any difference to someone who rides for exercise, and a bit of fun?

You may now
applausefox.jpg

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Cleats are great, you'll get used to it for off road use in pretty short order. For me now it feels all wrong riding a bike without Spd's on.

Anyway enough of this mountain bike bollocks, for fitness ride fixed, or better still a unicycle.

Fucking lightweight....

Will

/bin/su
You get the hang of SPDs fairly quickly. Just don't set them too tight when you first start using them, and you'll be fine.

I'm more of a commuter at the moment, I don't do any off-road cycling. The single gear and the slick tyres don't get on too well with muddy hills.

Egor

Fledgling Freddie
Cycle to work rain or shine...Lord knows why. Sometimes I get to work looking like a drowned mongrel and smelling a lot worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom