Advice CV Reviewers

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Hi all,

I'm wondering whether anyone has had any good/bad experience with online (or brick and mortar, should they exist) CV review companies or employment agencies offering a CV review service? I've recently moved from a technical role into a management/exec role and I'm quite liking it, but the company is a difficult one to work for and I'm in no way sure it's the right place to pop my management cherry, so to speak. Plus they're trying to pressure me into moving to the US and I'm not convinced that I want to!

Having never written a CV for anything other than purely technical roles in the past, I really don't know what would catch the eye of a recruiter.

So what do people think?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Waste of time. Just remember to highlight actual achievements and you'll be fine. Also, a good LinkedIn profile is at least as important as your CV these days.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
I'm happy to cast my eye over it if you like, there's a few other people on here with some real world experience too who I'm sure would be happy to help. You'd be pissing money away to pay someone to look at it though.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i wouldnt bother, generally if you send your CV on to a recruitment company they will re-format your CV anyway (at least we used to do so when i worked in one)

also they are usually rubbish, especially the eedjiots at employment centres (or libraries urgh)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom