Cutting Edge

Elahim

Fledgling Freddie
Norvindus said:
I was in odins yesterday as huntress and I saw a lot of DM's both by CE members and CE kills. The times when CE got killed it was almost exclusively to a group consisting of Carrera, Elehim, Zenith and some others. And for the most part it was after CE had made kills either vs hibs or albs and some of CE's members had died in those encounters.
The only time was when CE met around 3fg near GG that I saw them getting killed before they got a kill.

And the members listed mostly consist of support types, IE primary targets for others, I doubt you did'nt get full value of Meltin for example, except perhaps the time at GG.

I doubt its a bug, if you get killed, rezzed, hit and soforth your gift of rp's to your killers will be less than if not hit, not killed is my understanding of game mechanic's.

{EDITED : Changed name to Zenith}

OMG you can correct spelling Zenith wrong, but not my name?!? ;p
My name is ELAHIM. not Elehim! ;)
Edit plz! :flame:

Treon

Fledgling Freddie
Dathcald said:
How the hell did you report anyone if you don't even recall the names, sorry but that just seems....

i took screenies ingame ofc, just cba to look at em when i wrote the post

AngryKid

Fledgling Freddie
Treon said:
well maybe it wasnt on purpose, but u have to agree that its abit weird when it happend over and over with only one grp u encounter... ofc i dont accuse your guild but i didnt reacall the names in the grp that we met, so sorry if i offended your guild, i just hope that it wont happend again to any guilds in daoc. Well i sent a report to GOA last night so hope they can tell me what was wrong.
Hjendug, chin, terralot, meltin, derianna, hardeknud, billybob and one last savage I can't remember right now.. (sorry guys)

I have explained the way we work on BW, please read it from the link in meeks' post, and stop this silly mud dragging of one of the nicest guilds in midgard. I have yet to see/hear anyone else saying anything negative about CE.

indeed

Fledgling Freddie
There was only one occasion I recall last night that we were beaten by 1fg of albs. That was BoB at amg shortly before that we had fought and beaten a group 20 albs 1.5fg + 1fg adds. Low rps could be attributed to the previous fights? I don't know how the bug works or even if it happened that time.

The rest of our deaths we were outnumbered 2-1 at least. (lower rps due to splitting between a larger number?)

The time that people started to mention it on IRC. We had buffed, travelled directly from svasud to Y road odins engaged 1fg of albs but we were added on by another 2fgs (they came from different directions). Low rps there could be attributed to splitting them between 24+ albs?

At various times through the night we were involved in keep retakes. Being hi by guards might be another cause?

A few times we did manage to get some aggro but nothing out of the ordinary.

Thats my account of the evening. CE does not look kindly on cheating from any realm but especially its members. We run around odins as a group of 8 and kill or get killed. There was no mention in group of this bug until it was mentioned on IRC, none of the group members did anything suspicious that I observed that might indicate they were cheating.

I'm certain that goa will confirm what I have said. Please be prepared to come here and apologise to CE as I feel you owe us one.

Billybob Nomates (Healer)
Mysticbob Indeed (Spiritmaster)
Fatbob Indeed (Thane)
Savagebob (Berserker)

Treon

Fledgling Freddie
i trust u guys, and like your guild, as i said before, my intention wasnt to offend u guys... Take care and see u ingame as so often before.

Ghostfeet

Fledgling Freddie
swords said:
Zonith lol :) its Zenith but im going to call him that from now on :)

Theres probably a perfectly reasonable explanation or just some fucked up bug.
Regarldess once again of any zerg comments (Angara being very glottis like in this thread as you can see) I believe theres an explanation that doesnt involve CE cheating.

Most of the guilds who roam Odins go FG as has been said before and i doubt any one of them would consider cheating.

If this highlights a bug then all the better for it as it can be fixed.
Please respect the fact that it can be frustrating to beat an enemy group and only recieve a small % of the spoils of war.

Im sure we will meet many more times in odins emergency :)

zenith blev just äääääägd :wub:

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Just 1fg killed them again, and 2 of their members gave 1-4rps AGAIN...

Shawr

Fledgling Freddie
Yet another useless cheating allegation. Note I say allegation as unless you have actually seen them doing this (by however means) then all you have is circumstantial. So they only gave a few rps, there are many innocent reasons for why this might happen. Perhaps they aggro mobs on the trip to odins, or maybe the people giving the low rps have survived the assist train a couple of times in previous fights thanks to good healing. Or many other reasons.

If you think someone is cheating then message right now, GoA have the tools in most cases to be able to check whether it was cheating or not. You, or anyone else on this forum, do not. Posting here is nothing more than reducing it to a scandal story in a tabloid or a playground accusation.

/edit
And lastly, stop and think for a second. Why on earth would someone (or some group of people) risk getting their accounts banned just simply to not give rps to the people who kill them? Think about it.

etcetra

One of Freddy's beloved
Iskander said:
oh, scared your FoTM won't get as many RP's anymore now ;)

Look at his name, "Savage" - think he rolled at the first day of release? Doubtly? OR YES?! I ACTUALLY THINK HE DID!!

And so silly telling peeps how to cheat, AINT THAT SILLY? Stupid pricks everyone off you.

indeed

Fledgling Freddie
I'm not in game at the moment. As so many of the people in CE I have a full time job. So its surprising that you came up against one of our guild groups at this time. (we normally start around 19:00) but we have recruited a few people lately, perhaps they have earlier start times.

All along we have all said that we have done nothing deliberate to cause our characters to be worth lower amounts of RPs.
We would like this mess sorted as much as you do.

So please do us and yourself a favour. Send the information to goa and let them handle the situation.

Dragev

Fledgling Freddie
I can't say it's very nice of some people here to attack CE as you do. I don't do much RvR myself, but similar episodes have occured before and it is some sort of bug in the game itself, not a cheat. It has been dealt with differently before, and it's a pitty to see it be taken as a flame here on the forum towards CE.
Please play nice :)

[CE]Hjendug

Fledgling Freddie
Instead of saying it just happend again.

- Try say where, when, who and how large the fight were

cuz sometime i think people are just posting here to flame CE
it cant be possible that every single day this bug occure only for CE some other must have seen it on other people to.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
My post before, I can't remember the names unfortunately, but the time (in odins) was about 5 minutes before i posted that. Think there were 5 or 6 of them there at the time.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Bob doesnt zerg!
Ce doesnt cheat!

\o/ for positive post we fight \o/

Pibe

Fledgling Freddie
zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz ZZ z z

Jaond

Fledgling Freddie
Well 20rp > 12rp that an albs avarage kill give :kissit:

Marc

FH is my second home
Just happened in odins now..

Xarr
Teralot
Derriana
Edo
Anatema

All 1rp per kill

[CE]Hjendug

Fledgling Freddie
Guys we are getting wajn and stuff over this.
And we are going to report this to goa our self, so we can figure out what the hell theres going on.

swords

Can't get enough of FH
TBH i keep getting reports about it.
Somethings up :/

AngryKid

Fledgling Freddie
Don't worry, swords.. I have reported one incident myself to RightNow, and will post here the reply I get from them. I got dcc'ed a SS of a fight near ATK/Odins tonight, which I have provided with the rightnow report.

If I get a final answer from them, stating the obvious, I sure hope we can end this "omg CE is of lame, they cheatz00r" thing that is currently going on against us.

Thanks in advance

Iduna

Fledgling Freddie
May I just ay that I don't believe for one minute that any of the CE would cheat - I have run with then many a time and found them all to be nice, friendly and a damn good guild

Iduna

[e]

Fledgling Freddie
Treon said:
Well Cutting Edge we beat u 3 times today in odins and u had made som haxxor with the Rps we only got max 20rps on each kill, very lame of u, and material will be sent to Right now.
kthnxbye

lol, WE beat you three times... How many are "we" ?

Herjulf

Banned
Iduna said:
May I just ay that I don't believe for one minute that any of the CE would cheat - I have run with then many a time and found them all to be nice, friendly and a damn good guild

Iduna

yeah i agree, i dont believe this for a split second.
I like these guys, well most of em and have never had any reason to do otherwise. And i have had the pleasure of group with them quite extensivly.

All i can say is and i wrote a reply here earlier is that, one of the drivers.
god bless him/her, is quite "yrslig" (random) in his/her driving, and has a tendency to drive into mobs, or if fighting some spotted enemy at a mg very likely jumped/fell off. Thus their rps will be spoiled for the rest of the turn.
Or drove on zonewall like in odins and fell down on the zonewall choke point, at the orangecon enhorning.

I have had first hand experience of this, and i ashure you i have never ever ever heard anyone implying that they do it on purpose.

Ask yourself this.. why should they?

What do they get out from something like that.

AngryKid

Fledgling Freddie
Just to keep you guys updated on this issue, here is what I got in return from the Support Team at GOA's place.

Due to a technical problem, some reports done between Saturday 24th of January in the morning and Tuesday 27th of January have been wrongly re-routed. If the problem you reported still needs an answer, please update this report and our CSR team will treat it as soon as possible.
We are sincerely sorry for the problems.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support

I have, of course, written back to them, stating that this incident we are talking about, happened before the 23 of january, and asked them to look into it.

I have also written what might have caused the bug, so they know what they can look for.

Just hope you won't draw wrong conclusions about this matter, since I want to clear my name from beeing a cheater.

Kindest regards
AK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom