Customer support

N

-Nxs-

Its been done before - but i just had to post this :) made me smile.

[Insert silly quest name here]
Tying to do this quest on my Theurgist.

Step 1: you need to buy 5xBronze war mattocks
When I try to do this it says i can not use the item, am i sure i wish to buy it. Click "YES/OK" and the transaction fails with the error "You dont have enough room!" Ive also noticed this on my necromancer when trying to buy a ram token in the Battleground, my necromancer has no trade skill so would not be able to use the ram - but set it up for someone else to /control

It seams like if the class can't use an object - you can not buy it - the message "you don't have enough room!" is displayed.

I managed to get a friendly passing player who could weild the weapons to buy them and trade with me - so i have completed the quest but thought you would like to know of this bug.

PLEASE DO NOT RESET THE QUEST - I HAVE COMPLETED IT WITH HELP FROM A FRIEND

and the reply...

Hello,

We need the following informations in order to help you :

- Name of the server
- Name of your character

Subsequently i replied with "Its a bug report - i dont need help"

S

Sibanac

Ever considered if they want to check the bug they might want to check their logs and therefore would need your char name and server name ?

N

-Nxs-

Ever thought as this is such a generic bug - they could use ANY character to test this regardless of level or class and realm.

Try to buy something your character can't use.

In pre 1.60 it would prompt you you cant use it but allow you to buy it.

In 1.60 it prompts you you cant use it, and does NOT allow you to buy it, it just displayes the message "You dont have enough room!"

This is trashing some quests, specificaly the one i mentioned, it also stops non crafting classes from buying seige weapons from the BG's

ITs a bug report pure and simple.

S

Sibanac

yes but having done some work in support and testing
i can tell you the first step is ti check logs for when the original bug occured, then replicate and see the effects.
While this might seem silly in some cases it is good practice since bugs often have some funky cuase, that is not obvious on first sight.

N

-Nxs-

Yup agreed - but it just seams like they see the words "quest problem" and instantly ask for character anme and realm name regardles of the remaining content in the support call.

I darent give my character/realm, as I fear the quest will be reset :)

S

ssera

hmm, yesterday I bought some studded armour from DF (emerald stuff) with my 50 RM for my 24 zerker. It did display the message "Are you sure you want to buy this item" etc etc, I clicked yes and sure enough the items appeared in my bag... Maybe it doesn't work in certain situations, but it is definately not a "generic" bug.

Edit: Oh, why are you scared they reset the quest anyway... you completed it right? Just means you can do it again if you want :)

L

liste

a fix for this bug (i'm 99% sure its generic, so Ssera probably stumbled on the fix by chance)

select the item you want to buy, and drag the icon. drop the icon on the buy button, and say YES when it asks you if you are sure.

This will fix the bug.

Annoying, but it works

S

ssera

ah, well I always buy stuff like that (unless it's for crafting and I need more than one) so that would explain why it worked for me then :)

O

old.Irrelevant

Noticed that /mbuy 1 also works when buying such items.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom