cure your rage when you lose in daoc?

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
Back when I played Starcraft/Broodwars shitloads I used to have a very big temper and lots of keyboards and mouses got broken over time. I also had a door behind me which my fist was run into many a times. :)

I would get soo pissed when I did bad and I lost due to my own mistakes. I've never been affraid acknowledging losing to a better opponent though.
Also my mouse and keyboard needed to be topnotch and with no flaws at all or it could end being breaked up.

Above said and after been playing daoc for ~4 years I still have temper but are yet to break anything. I guess i've growed up some. :eek7:

Baron

Fledgling Freddie
We might have a GM who shares his emotions with us on vent
FFS cast!!
Springs to mind along with numerous other 4 letter words
He should be out of therapy and back on line any time soon

Tilda

rampant said:
hope u dont follow through :)

Oh, the memories!
He does, sometimes* i remember sidi raid beeks! Scar-ed for life!

Tilda

*May not be accurate!

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
Airwalker said:
well, yea, for some, but you always got ppl that hate to lose:p
but when it's unfair losing :p 1vs1 is ok, but 10vs1 that gets me so pissed off rofl xD

playing wow now, and I don't get owned:S paladin ftw mates, shield heal LOH!

you probably mean shield + hearth megameight :\

Dukat

Resident Freddy
I'd say there's not much of a cure, like someone else said, it's not 'just a game', its competition, something you want to win and some people just hate losing.

It all started for me when I was 6 years old playing supermario 3, dieing on that would send the controls across the room, the perants would come in and I'd get grounded :) I've learned to control it a fair bit, only occasionally do I get proper angry, 9 times out of 10 I switch the game off, swear very loudly and either walk away or play something else. most of the time it doesnt bother me alot though.

Its strange, because IRL I'm fairly good when I do lose at something, I shrug it off and keep at it. In games the worst thing by far for me is when I'm playing crap, I hate playing crap, I dont care if I die in games, just as long as I'm playing somewhere near my best. knowing I could wipe the floor with the people I'm against, but still losing badly every round is something that really does wind me up every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom