[INFO] Cultivating 101

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
I made this list to help me in my potion making and to know which seeds I should pick up and which to trash. There is always a prefex to the names of the seeds that varies by level, though the main name of them is always the same. I hope this helps people and stops them from getting swamped by seeds they don't need. Randomly you will recieve an additional ingredient and at times the original seed back. This is purely random, as far as I can tell.

MAIN EFFECTS

+Stat seeds :

+INT = Smedley Cap
+STR = Breadweed
+WP = Grumpleaf
+ACC = Thief's Needle
+THO = ??? (forgot to note it, so if anyone knows, please post in a reply)

+Resists

+Energy = Dandedragon
+Corp = Gravelnuts
+Corp = Shorenuts
+Elem = ???

(either their is an error and 2 +crops and no +elem or I haven't found it yet... at 134 cult... :( )

Other Potions

Healing over time = Elfish Parsley
Straight Healing = ??? (didn't note it down, I'll adjust the list once I find out)

Flame Breathing = Ashberry
Burning DOT = Pyre Ivey

SECUNDAIRY INGREDIENTS

+number of potions = Fuskspore
+effect duration = Golsworth

------------------------------------------------------------------

+duration is only useful with stat increase potions and +resists. I haven't seen any effect when I use them in making other potions.

+number of potions seems to be random. Sometimes I get more then 1 potion (passed 25, so don't use below,) sometimes not.

I'm really wondering about +resists and the dubble +corp. If anyone knows if there is a seed in the game that gives +elemental please let us know as I haven't been able to make a single +elemental so far (round 130 Apo)

As far as I know there isn't a seed that gives +Wounds.

tome title unlock spoiler
Oh and before I forget, for Order the Swine Habbitat tombe unlock is located at 55837,2687 Northland If anyone else knows any, could you please post em ?

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
Interesting post.
If you keep adding to that and keep it updated, methinks it should be stickied somewhere :)

longbow

Fledgling Freddie
I agree - keep it up. A question though - what lvl have you achieved so far? My son has been unable to get beyond 45 and he's not sure why.

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
I agree - keep it up. A question though - what lvl have you achieved so far? My son has been unable to get beyond 45 and he's not sure why.
First range of seeds will only get u to 50 max (slowly between 40-50)
When u advance from chapter to chapter, u'll be able to find "higher" seeds.

Sollers

Fledgling Freddie
This is what I have so far (these are around 75 skilllevel seeds, so may be 50, some may be 100)

All the names listed are the family names:

Stat:
+ toughness= Trotweed
+ intelligence= twigfester
+ strength= blackstipe AND phlegmberry
+ willpower= Elfcup
+ Armour= Skunk Thistle

Skill:
+ ballistic= Twigbloat

Regen:
Insta Action Point= Peckgrass

Damage:
Cone Fire DoT= Redvine
Single Target DoT= Scruntleydown

Other:
HoT= Gruttokweed

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
I'm dabbling a bit with cultivating, and was struck that I recognise the plants Erulin used, but not any of the names Sollers came up with... I gather from Erulin's post he, like me, is playing Order, so I'm wondering if Sollers is Destruction, and the plants each side uses have different names?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
when growing the seeds the chance of getting your seed back, or getting a special event (such as some free "stabiliser" mould) seems to be higher if you use soil/water/nutrients when growing the plant.

In addition the "short stemmed" seed I got from a quest in tier 1 seems to always return - however it also takes 9m to grow instead of the usual 3m.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
levelling cultivating from 30-50 is a real pain because the lvl 1 bought seeds have like a 5% chance of advancing you. Lvl 25 seeds seem to be very rare and most people spend the levels in scenarios anyway. Once you get back to PvEing all you get dropped are lvl 50 seeds you can;t use yet.

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
In addition the "short stemmed" seed I got from a quest in tier 1 seems to always return - however it also takes 9m to grow instead of the usual 3m.

Yep - I made a point of getting four of those seeds so I can 'mass-produce' low-level potions for young characters later on, if it proves useful.

I've also noticed some of the 'hybrid' seeds I create from critical success cultivation are very good for producing return seeds when I harvest them too.

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
Soller... What war are you playing in ? It could be that the seeds vary from war to war (I mean, Orc-Dorf / Emp-Chaos / Elf-Dark Elf) or they could vary from side to side

what lvl have you achieved so far? My son has been unable to get beyond 45 and he's not sure why.

134 atm. The last few points in a tier are always a pain. Though i've noticed that you "can" actualy gain a point at "any" tier by cultivating level 1 seeds. The chance is slim, but it happens. That's why I always kill furry woodland creatures (wolves,boar...) and Treekin (dryads, the small twigs that attack) no matter what their level as I found those drop alot more seeds then usual.

Even using level 25 seeds it takes some time to go from 45 to 50. In the lootbags at PQ's there are crafting materials that have level 27, which make it easier, but it's still a pain. It helps to be in a guild that gives you seeds (thank you Notdaface for about 5 gold worth of seeds)

this list is indeed from the Orderside of things, though my highest cultivater is on K8P... I only thought of making the list when I started levelling my WH on Karak Hirn as I'll wait till after the server cloning to play my Chosen again. My cult (god, I love saying it like that, makes me feel all Tom Cruise-ish) on order is now at 74

I haven't tried any of the ingredients you get from the other tradeskills so far, might be worth a try to see if I can get varieing effects.

Not using soils, liquids and nuitrients is something I only do while in a scenario. I just plant seeds in my 3 (K8P) and 2 (KH) plots and set out and let the timers run out. It's a quick harvest and replant upon dying and I'm off again. But as Flim said, don't expect any specials this way.

To get more level 25, 75, 125 (green) seeds you have to be in the second zone of a tier. Find a PQ you know drops alot of them and keep helping out people till you have enough.

I noticed getting the last few points in Apochracy (sp?) are alot harder then for Cultivating. I had to go kill level 7 wolves for 2 hours to get the last few points.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Good first guide. I made a post in the feedback forum suggesting a new forum or something be made for guides/walkthrough or even specifically for crafting discussion. Maybe other people could post suggestions there (sorry for a slight thread hijack but useful information should not be wasted.)

Could we split the Warhammer Help forum maybe?

If somebody makes a good guide into something it would be nice to have a place to post them. Making them a sticky in the general Warhammer forum is probably not advisable as there will simply be too most stickies.

Warhammer Technical Help (or maybe a link to the techie discussion?)
Warhammer Guides and Walkthroughs

This is similar to the way daoc forums were setup and it seemed to work reasonably well. Would a crafting discussion forum be useful and eventually I guess a forum for template designs, once people know what loot drops and how to best craft tailsmans etc.

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
On potion making :

Though the result you'll get does depend fully on the Main Ingredient, I did notice that the potency of the potions varies. Even with the exact same ingredients I get a different level requirement on the potion (level 16 or level 30)

I haven't made enough of em to check the frequency at which I get the level 30 ones.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
On potion making :

Though the result you'll get does depend fully on the Main Ingredient, I did notice that the potency of the potions varies. Even with the exact same ingredients I get a different level requirement on the potion (level 16 or level 30)

I haven't made enough of em to check the frequency at which I get the level 30 ones.
Think you can call the higher level pots you get for crits.
Made 100 heal pots out of 100-110 (forgot exact skill number) skill stuff got around 85 rank25 pots and 5 rank30 pots. And sometimes i've crafted i've even got a blue potion, the blue potions i've go tend to be of the higher rank but heal/buff more

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
I was wondering if any of you cultivators ran into any "pigments" used for dyes? I can see it's possible to make, but I'm always missing the pigments and I haven't seen one ever.

Twinky

Fledgling Freddie
I was wondering if any of you cultivators ran into any "pigments" used for dyes? I can see it's possible to make, but I'm always missing the pigments and I haven't seen one ever.

Was thinking the same thing. Anyone got an answer? :)

Decode

Fledgling Freddie
I started cultivating 2 months ago > got to level 25 easy but then couldn't find ingredients and seeds ani higher than level 1 > after 2 months of search on my own
and asking players ingame I haven't find proper information > my cultivator is now level 50 but can't find nothin' but level 1 seeds and ingredients

I really need help on this for allso my apotecary is stocked in the middle of nowhere

if somebody here can guide me to further levels of cultivation I would apriciete it
so much

thanks

Marc

FH is my second home
You only need a single level 1 seed to get to 200 cultivating.

When you cultivate your level 1 seed, you will get a plant. Convert this and you "should" get another 2 seeds (you can also get a critical failure which means you lose it). Cultivate these 2 and you should get 2-4 plants. Againt convert these and repeat the process.

At some point you "should" get a critical success, which gives you the normal plants, but also a seed of the next highest level, so if you are using a level 1 seed, you will get a level 25 seed. You then repeat the process above when you hit 25 and you "should" get a level 50 seed, etc etc. You dont need to use any additives at all when leveling, but if you need to get that critical success you can always use some soil, or which ever one it is that contributes to critical success

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom