Ctrl-Alt-Del does it again!

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
yes. if you like that you should read Gabe's comment on PA. it seems that Jack Thompson is a grade A nutbag :/ also, VGCats had an email run-in with him a while back.

it seems that anyone who doesn't instantly agree with the man gets screamed at and threatened with legal action.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Jack Thompson is a twat and if I ever see him I'll murder him to death with by trapping him in a bubble I've blown out of my mouth and then jumping on it.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
I loved Gabe's comments when I read then t'other day.

Did you read the second news item on CAD? The mock-up screenshot of Tim's retaliatory Tack Jhomson game. Pretty neat.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
He makes me chuckle tbh

There's been some good research in the UK on the effects on children of playing violent video games.

They did studies on kids playing Halo and found that they realised it was a) a game and b) not something they would do in real life.

there's a shock eh? :)

The most interesting part of the study was the effect game's playing has had on their decision making, with children who played games having much faster decision making times and reactions.

M

TdC

I present the mighty PA in action:

view.php

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
I am so going to have to read the commentary for that comic (not that I don't read penny arcade all the time). The Tack Jhompson fellow (name changed to protect the guilty/stop the FBI arresting me for death threats) seems like a complete and utter self-serving talentless tit, with delusions of grandeur!

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Penny Arcade are cool beyond words. Donating $10,000 to charity to bait an asshat lawyer, that's gooood.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
I love the fax he sent to the police department.

First, because as has been pointed out on the PA Forums, he put pennyarcade.com down as their web address (not penny-arcade.com) and second, beacuse the letter seems to only be 1/5 talking about Penny and 4/5 talking about himself and how he's been on 60 mins.

This guy is a few (placenta filled?) sandwhiches short of a picnic :D

TdC

the guy is a complete nutcase, and a badly informed one at that. the real scaryness is what Tim is pointing out on ctrl-alt-del: this guy gets to go on TV as an "expert" to vent his opinion while all the while he has no clue at all what's going on. and not everyone knows he's a nutbag; most of the masses tend to believe what they get presented on the telly in news and discussion proggys, not to mention what happens when the masses are american.

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
I was going to write a long, pretentious and sarcastic comment here, but fuck it. Instead, I'll say that it's no wonder that the phrase "gamer community" has idiotic connotations when the above image is what said community is able to come up with.

I mean, is that supposed to be satire or what? Because it really isn't.

Chilly

Balls of steel
It's pretty much what he did, though. And it's not really that far from the truth.

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
Yeah, which is part of the reason it's redundant and idiotic.

Chilly

Balls of steel
...so you dont find anything funny then? Since nearly all comedy is parody of real life?

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
That's what I'm saying. This ISN'T parody. You need to look at Ctrl-Alt-Del or Penny Arcade for parody - this is just pointless.

Edit: Looks like I may end up having to go into an analysis of the (non) humour of this picture, and hence argue why other similar stuff is humorous. Typically, this stuff annihilates all humour within a 50 mile radius, but I'm willing to take that risk if you are (being the argumentative fuck that I've apparently turned into).

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Furr said:
http://www.sherrardcorp.co.uk/jackt.jpg

I'm with Louster, and that image really sums up a huge problem that 'The Gaming Community' will to continue to have trying to debunk the crap spouted by Thompson and his ilk. For all the intelligent, witty and often hysterically funny satire of the situation by PA and Tim Absath, their effort can be undone in an instant by childish 'humour' like that. It's just not funny and it backfires and represents all gamers as nothing but unwashed, comedicly dysfunctional children.

We're dealing with 'the media' here, crap graphics won't cut it. (Especially crap graphics containing 'You're a wanker ehehehehehehe one one one' retorts).

Also, that image contained text in Comic Sans, we should ignore it on principal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom