Fact CTFOADOA

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No really, they CAN

Plans to tackle internet trolling could have a "chilling effect" on online freedom of expression..........libel law reforms might cause website operators to delete statements that had not broken the law........
the websites must either facilitate contact between the complainant and the author or remove the offending material when they cannot establish contact

Basically, it looks like a law against anonymous posting.

How would that work here, then? If we just wanted to discuss something freely - including our opinions.

I think David Cameron is a child abuser. No really.

*complain*

*post taken down*

Edit: And anyone who says that laws tend to be proportionate and not abused can do the same...

Last edited:

Ormorof

FH is my second home
how would this law work for those of us who are not in the UK?

Poag

m00?
If its hosted in the UK then generally its under UK law.

Or so the US play it out often....

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
"plans to tackle internet trolling", feckers don't even know what real trolling is :eek:

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
ah, anonymity, how the governments hate it. SO much harder to track down criminals, and pedos, and political dissidents, and poets, and rogue journalists and summertime ban water users, and to monitor the general public.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It doesn't matter if your traffic is encrypted Poag. If there is content on a forum that the government doesn't like they can force the forum to take it down.

I.E. Deebs could be getting rung up, as owner of Freddyshouse, and being told to take posts down...

Poag

m00?
It doesn't matter if your traffic is encrypted Poag. If there is content on a forum that the government doesn't like they can force the forum to take it down.

I.E. Deebs could be getting rung up, as owner of Freddyshouse, and being told to take posts down...
If its hosted outside the UK they can't afaik, thus the part of my post about it being hosted outside the UK :p

Freddyshouse isn't a UK firm so they can't get him that way either.....?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
one should always encrypt everything anyway. gone are the days where it really makes an impact (like on my old 70Mhz Sparcstation desktop, which took a minute to set up an SSH session)

Chilly

Balls of steel
Scouse As long as they are your posts, it's cool. Also, you really shouldn't accuse people of abusing children with no evidence. That is a perfect example of freedom of speech + being a cunt = no more freedom of speech.

Poag

m00?
Its not just what you post tho, its what you look at.

For example anyone following FH would notice that the "Anders Brevik had a point..." thread has a thousand views, not a lot by itself but certainly would add a few points to our "suspicious score" or whatever they use ;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

rynnor

Rockhound
For the record its probably worth seeing what can be done to avoid it just from an administration hassle angle. I dont expect the forum to get many but they could be a pain to be involved with.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I think it's right that if someone posts stuff that is plainly untrue, it gets taken down. It would do if it was in the press or on TV, why should the internet be any different? Banter is not the same as someone being hounded online by cunts with nothing better to do.

I could create a website dedicated to the fact that Scouse is a peado, publish his address etc - It is right that it should be forced offline, or to delete content.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Good to see my phrase is still remembered. Although you forgot the "you mange infested shitebag". I am going to complain to my MP about this and get Scouse shut down.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I could create a website dedicated to the fact that Scouse is a peado, publish his address etc - It is right that it should be forced offline, or to delete content.

You could create that website - and laws already exist that would allow me to have it taken down and silence you for it.

That fact means that my point about the abuse of new law becomes more pertinent, wouldn't you say? Perhaps it's not actually intended for what they're saying, eh?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Freedom of speech is fine if there's also the freedom to slap cunting wankers back in place when they use the aforementioned right.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I think tho that even if the webbeh is outside the UK. As our posts transit the UK networks unencrypted, they are also fair game.

Deebs http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-always-use-ssl.36180/

^.^

Am aware of this and I did have it working how I wanted until I found an issue in an addon which broke things, not had time to get it fixed....

Reading the BBC article I would only be asked to take it down if I could not facilitate contact between the poster and the complainer, so yes, anonymous posting would be more difficult. Not sure it would stifle debates that much, interested to see where this goes.

Personally I think the internet has had this coming for a long time, look around the globe at the new laws/measures being passed daily to effectively "police" the system. It is a dodgy path we are all on that is for sure.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
If its hosted outside the UK they can't afaik, thus the part of my post about it being hosted outside the UK :p

Freddyshouse isn't a UK firm so they can't get him that way either.....?
Doesn't matter, as owner of FH I am legally responsible, I do not need to be a Company for them to come get me.

/me waves at the Efff Beeee Iiiiiii

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry​

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The internet is going to be like the apple app store before too long :(

More like facebook 24/7, but still, has any of the internet limiting laws and regulations actually gone through? One wasn't even backed by the US congress, so it's not that bad ;)

Users who are viewing this thread