Ctf ??

K

*Kornholio*

Does anyone fancy a game of CTF sometime instead of the usual 'get rap0red by the bots' type games we're currently having all the time ?? Also, perhaps some less difficult missions, and ones without those lame intro's ? Or atleast some more missions that involve a bit more flying / driving tanks etc than lying in puddles of your own blood...

W

Will

Heh Korn, Band of Comrades does have a rather overlong intro, and it is a damn hard mission, but its one of the more involving sets of single player missions.

There are standard CTF maps on the servers. If you try to get into IRC nicely before 8pm, we shall discuss who wants to do what, if people want CTF or even *shudder* DM, I'll go with it.

Can you tell I'm a little biased?;)

K

*Kornholio*

I'll agree that DM sux, and I know you're not that keen on CTF too, but afaik Throddy is, and I'd certainly like to give it a go, so yeah, cya in irc :)

K

*Kornholio*

hehe :) So you've officially resigned from CS now ?

E

exxxie

There are some fun CTF missions out there we could have a look at... one immedietly that springs to mind is "CTF with vehicles". 2 teams (East and West) start on a small desert island with a shit load of armour, planes, cars, trucks, choppers, guns.... you can imagine the chaos and mayhem that ensues. Its great fun for 20 minutes or so, watching someone eject from their Mi17 having unleashed 40 rockets at the defence, only to eat a sabot round once their feet touch the ground, that kind of entertainment just doesnt get stale.

W

Will

Originally posted by *Kornholio*
hehe :) So you've officially resigned from CS now ?
Yes I have.

If you have any good missions that don't require addons, either paste a link or email me.

T

throdgrain

Apparently there are two servers. Why not one co-op and the other ctf ?
Frankly I find co-op missions pretty boring Im afraid :(
There are good maps for CTF, ive played on some and they seemed ok to me, and quite fun. Counter-strike with realism anyone ? ;)
Anyway, thats what I think do as you see fit me ol' furry friends :)

W

Will

The same missions can go on both servers until they hit their limit, so there isn't really a need to split into coop and ctf at the moment.

Like I said, give me the missions and I shall make it so.;)

T

throdgrain

Hmm last time I went on the server someone (cant remember who) said "this is a co-op server" . Which is why I said that.
As far as missions , sorry ive no idea where to get them from, there are some std maps on there i would suppose ?
I dont really know how much I like ctf, you know whats its like you hardly ever get the chance to play either, but I want to give it a try.
If only for the chance to drive a tank :) From what Ive seen its the maps with aircraft in them that provide the most lag, the maps where the two sides have had a flag in the middle betwwen them , and you have to hold that, seem pretty unlaggy, and quite modem friendly too, to refer to the previous post (Willier ! ).
I have played an urban map too with a flag either end that was a lot of fun, with building to go in and stuff like that.
oh well enough ramblings :)

W

Will

Yeah, the original plan was a co-op server, but I think I said somewhere I'm open to new ideas, and there seems to be a bit of CTF demand (and C&H, which is the one with the flag in the middle).

Let us see if we can get a game of CTF going.:)

edit : These are the types of maps available. I've not played all of them, and some of them require addons.

a&d = Attack & defend
c&h = Capture & Hold
coop = Cooperative
ctf = Capture the flag
dm = deathmatch
tdm = team death match
ff = flag fight
tff = team flag fight
rc = race
rts = real time strategy
misc = miscellaneous

T

TeeCee

Im willing to try different things too, but primarily im all for Co-op games - had some excellent games amongst [TF] over last few months. We've had a mixture of on and off nights so far - its a challenge when we've got such a mixture of people joining who:
- do / dont know the m/p aspect to OFP
- do / dont know the missions
- do / dont have much experience of coop teamplay
- etc

Some nights its good to play a bit more loosely and 'have a LoL' and others its really good to get into a serious game and play at being pretend soldiers. Its early days at the moment, so I dont think we can go looking into things too deeply atm and making assesments at this stage. Im looking forward to playign a hard co-op and a good bunch of us really working as a team, getting in the mood, plotting and such - and maybe givin the voice comms a run for their money. All mixed with some nice commander'ing from someone with some experience.

Having said that, its only fair we do other things too, and although im not keen on DM / CTF etc, I'd be willing to try and join in - I cud be pushed to see how attack / defend goes etc - those sound a bit more tactical and fun :)

- [TF]TeeCee / TomcaT

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom