CTD's on K8P

sneakies

Fledgling Freddie
Is anyone else suffering any CTD's?

Yesterday the game was working perfectly, today im non-stop CTD'ing (which as those who have experience will know, is really quite annoying). The only change being the patch.

Am i alone in this? Just wondering because if lots of people are getting CTD's then hopefully a fix will go up, otherwise... im screwed :)

Justicator

Fledgling Freddie
You're not the only one. I have the same problem. Crashing to desktop and one blue screen so far and before yesterday everything was fine.

Dunno what's the problem but it sure is annoying to keep crashing in the middle of scenarios and pq grind.

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
Turn of your addons.....

I'm not even playing the game anymore but after a patch this always happen's until the addon's are updated

sneakies

Fledgling Freddie
I also had the blue screen, and whilst i was runnign teh game, i put that down to just a rare occurence in windows (bit odd we both have had one).

Also i stopped using addons after the very first patch when they appeared to cause one or two problems :) Oh well :)

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
Have you looked into the size of your data.myp file? It should be some 49mb, but after patching this file often go rampant and grow in size. If this happen, delete the file, run the WAR Patcher and tick the 'Perform Full File Check' option. A new and shiny data.myp will be downloaded and this sometimes resolve CTD's.

-Magnus

sneakies

Fledgling Freddie
Have you looked into the size of your data.myp file? It should be some 49mb, but after patching this file often go rampant and grow in size. If this happen, delete the file, run the WAR Patcher and tick the 'Perform Full File Check' option. A new and shiny data.myp will be downloaded and this sometimes resolve CTD's.

-Magnus

Ah, well mine is currently 11.5gb so its only gone 'slightly' rampant, i shall do as you suggest :)

Many thanks

sneakies

Fledgling Freddie
Well having now done that all i am suffering is fairly consistant blue screens which only occur with WAR :<

Left 4 Dead & TF2 aren't causing any problems so im stumped :<

Justicator

Fledgling Freddie

-Magnus

Slightly rampart - lol 158gb

Thanks, will try that

Bikkus

Fledgling Freddie

-Magnus

Good advice but why should be have to do this? This is a new game and Mythic should be on top of problems like this. Their poor performance in this bug filled release has annoyed me so much that I have decided to stay away from the game until at least 1.1 in the hope that they would have pulled their fingers out.

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
Well having now done that all i am suffering is fairly consistant blue screens which only occur with WAR :<

Left 4 Dead & TF2 aren't causing any problems so im stumped :<
Hmm.. Are you running a WAR client which you downloaded back in Beta or did you install from your disks? If the former, you may want to try reinstalling from your disks. Other than that, here's our help form to contact Customer Service.

Slightly rampart - lol 158gb
Thanks, will try that
You have too much free space on your HD!

Good advice but why should be have to do this? This is a new game and Mythic should be on top of problems like this. Their poor performance in this bug filled release has annoyed me so much that I have decided to stay away from the game until at least 1.1 in the hope that they would have pulled their fingers out.
There's still some persistent bugs and stability issues like rampaging data.myp files. However, since release, we've seen weekly patches along with frequent hotfixes and a steady improvement of overall performance on many levels. Just look at the old "Authentication Failed" issues - a month ago this was a prevalent problem but now this is quite uncommon.

So whereas not all is fluffy and perfect, I think it's fair to say that WAR is doing quite well two months after release.

-Magnus

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Hmm.. Are you running a WAR client which you downloaded back in Beta or did you install from your disks? If the former, you may want to try reinstalling from your disks.

why should this make a difference ? shouldn`t a full file check make those versions identical ? i guess not because i`m still on a closed beta client and i don`t have intro movies and a mate who installed from the dvd`s has intro movies. i don`t feel like installing a version that makes me have to press 3-4 times `esc` to skip through all that stuff.

gordro

Fledgling Freddie
don`t feel like installing a version that makes me have to press 3-4 times `esc` to skip through all that stuff.

There is an addon that will get rid of those movies for you. But your right, there should be no difference between the beta and release files.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
There's still some persistent bugs and stability issues like rampaging data.myp files. However, since release, we've seen weekly patches along with frequent hotfixes and a steady improvement of overall performance on many levels. Just look at the old "Authentication Failed" issues - a month ago this was a prevalent problem but now this is quite uncommon.

So whereas not all is fluffy and perfect, I think it's fair to say that WAR is doing quite well two months after release.

-Magnus

In closed beta before the "optimisation patch" the game was rock solid and crashing wasnt a issue. Mythic realy need to sack the programmers and get some in that know what they are doing. It's not like there is a shortage of bods looking for work.

griralith

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm.. Are you running a WAR client which you downloaded back in Beta or did you install from your disks? If the former, you may want to try reinstalling from your disks. Other than that, here's our help form to contact Customer Service.

-Magnus

Why should that be an issue? I was under the impression that those of us that bought a digital version would get the same game as box version?

sounds very odd to me tbh... cant wait to hear the anwser xD

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
There is an addon that will get rid of those movies for you. But your right, there should be no difference between the beta and release files.

i`m no fan of addons. to me they just appear as an extra uncontrolable feature that might or might not be responsible for more crashes, and they might have malware/spywhere in them. unless i can read the code (and understand it, lol) i`m staying away from addons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom