Ctd

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Fix this before anything else. It makes instances/rvr a nighmare. If its still CTDing when the first subs are due I cant see myself paying.

The client was rock solid even if laggy upto a couple of patches before release. since then I spend half the night relogging.

Neo

Loyal Freddie
Fix this before anything else. It makes instances/rvr a nighmare. If its still CTDing when the first subs are due I cant see myself paying.

The client was rock solid even if laggy upto a couple of patches before release. since then I spend half the night relogging.

same for me !!

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I have this perhaps once every 10-15 hours of playing, odd that it's so regular for some people.

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
it wouldnt be so bad if it didnt kick you from the scenario or group you are in.

If they make it so

1) you dont have to rejoin party if you ctd
2) You dont get kicked from a scenario

It would be bearable

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Never had any problem with this myself, except for today. CTD 3 or 4 times.
That might be because we had a huge t3 alliance raid. :)

dee777

Loyal Freddie
I have this perhaps once every 10-15 hours of playing, odd that it's so regular for some people.

I am as lucky as you are. Hope the CTD problems get solved for the other guys.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
hmm. didnt crash all night. even visited altdorf.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
CTD's for me are very rare, probably only had two or three since open beta. Certainly have not had one for a few weeks.

I think a lot of this is to do with having a relatively high-spec PC. On my old PC i would CTD all the time.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Since todays patch I've had 6 ctd's in under 2 hours.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
I CTDed maybe twice till now; was quite annoying yday in TalebecLand Keep, asap the 2nd door went down and the pc faced the destro zerg inside = freeze 2 secs then CTD -.-
Oh didn't checked today's patch if made it any worse.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
The game have been more stable for me since last patches, it seems, and have only had a handful of crashes on various things. So I hope it isn't something introduced again for me either.

I can fully understand the frustration, but unfortunately - such things are difficult to find and fix as there are so many factors to it, unless it is something which occurs regularly and on specific actions.

taB

Part of the furniture
Only time it's happened for me is when I clicked to join a non Tor Anroc scenario I hadn't done before. Fooking typical :)

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
ive noticed since patch this morning ive now ctd 4times where before it wouldnt be once.

Robin the Brave

One of Freddy's beloved
Just crashed after 5 minutes of logging on, followed shortly by everyone else on my vent, nice patch today.

sneakies

Fledgling Freddie
I'm CTD'ing all over today. I'm fairly certain its not my end too, ofcourse i expect some people will argue blind it is, and i will, in kind, argue otherwise.

Caylan Raal

Fledgling Freddie
since previous patch dont think ive crashed once... conveniently nvidia released new driver for 9800 gx2 aswell. One or the other if not both seems to have sorted my ctd issue - was in Altdorf market for agggeeeesss and no crash the other day! :)

mooSe_

FH is my second home
My CTDs are very irregular: I can play for hours with no problems; or sometimes it will CTD, then continue to do so every time I log in until I give up and come back later. Oh and half the time after a CTD the game will crash during loading of the title screens; no one else has complained about this though so it's probably just my lame computer.

tueaarhus

Fledgling Freddie
7 crashes in 1½ hr tonight for me - thats TO many - so no more war before they have another update out that will fix it - todays fix just made it even worse for me......

Zebidie

Fledgling Freddie
Todays patch has been causing me and lots of my guildmates to CTD too. I was only getting one or two per day now getting about one per hour. :(

Proa

Fledgling Freddie
Could play for max 15 min then CTD. Please rollback the "fix"!

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
CTD's

The amount of CTD's has indeed skyrocketed lately. Many users who would previously run the game perfectly are now crashing once an hour or so, and other, less fortunate, are crashing as often as every 5-10 minutes. This is naturally unacceptable, and Mythic are investigating it with great urgency.

A fix has been applied to US servers which seems to have somewhat redeemed this problem. However, far too many continue crashing much too frequently. Mark Jacobs comment on this at the VN Boards:
Mark said:
Folks,

A few hours ago we put up a new version that so far has cut the number of CTDs way down according to what we are seeing in our reports. If you are still experiencing CTDs and you can replicate the error, please let us know here. Also, please let us know your basic system specs when posting.

Mark

These changes are not live on European servers yet. Mark Jacobs explains why in another post at VN:

Mark said:
We don't like giving Europe hot fixes until we know that they are working well. The last thing we want to do is hot fix something here, it breaks, and then it breaks Europe too unless it is a truly emergency fix. This was not such a fix so it's applied here first and then given to Europe once we know it's working well.

Mark

We know this is annoying at best and everyone involved is working hard to fix these problems. Right now, we're waiting for files from Mythic. When we get them, we'll naturally implement them asap.

-Magnus

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
No Magnus the problem is not what Jacobs is talking about.

I would experience one ctd every3-5 hours, after that patch we got yesterday I got booted off (along with 4-5 guildies every 45 minutes if not less) I dont want a hot fix I want them to take back what they broke with the patch they issued yesterday.

Which kinda means you are going to have a shit load of people not even bothering to log on or resubscribe because the game as it currently plays, for a lot of people, cannot be a justified use of time. join a group, join the scenario queue, ctd, relog join the group, rejoin the scenario (for everyone) ctd, relog rejoin the group, rejoin the scenarios, ctd. not relog on swear a lot at the screen then go and play something that actually works.

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Originally Posted by Mark
We don't like giving Europe hot fixes until we know that they are working well. The last thing we want to do is hot fix something here, it breaks, and then it breaks Europe too unless it is a truly emergency fix. This was not such a fix so it's applied here first and then given to Europe once we know it's working well.

Mark

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LMFAO..

Why did we get hit by the first "fix" that screwed it all up in the first place, if they, as he says "tests" it on the US first??!

This is such a joke.. Obviously they have no idear wtf they are doing, and are now just grasping straws...

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Indeed a rollback of the hotfix is a decent bandaid?

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
These are the things that need changing. CTD should not

Kick you from RVR zone
Kick you from instance
Reset your PQ contribution
Remove you from a SC que
Kick you from a SC
Kick you from a CSR appeal conversation

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom