CTD then 30 minute que ...

mini-hammer

Fledgling Freddie
I think mythic are going to have to come up with a different system besides this que'ing boo-lacks!

i didn't get a CTD once through open beta and then it comes to HS and it happens :S

now i got to sit here and hope some other poor souls CTD ...

*rant over*

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
all they can do besides the queing is to open more servers and allow free transfers so people can move from the over populated servers to the new ones.

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
I was getting thaat in OB looks like they realy need to open more servers more so when the SE's get in tomorrow.

Sparky

Loyal Freddie
Queued for 35 minutes - got the Logo - CTD.
Queuing again.. 47mins (apparently) to go.

ARGH!!

threeps

Fledgling Freddie
Here is a post from Mark Jacobs regarding the US servers. Its probable that they will do the same for th EU:

In terms of how our rollout plan looks like, here are some more details:

1) On day one, our population cap on each server will start at 1/3 of its total cap and then move up to ½ on a rolling basis. We can raise that number any time, no restart of the servers are necessary.

2) As a server approaches cap, we will either raise the cap again or deploy another server of that type. Deployment of a server takes only 30 minutes and our intention is that there are no server queues during the CE/SE period.

3) By day 2, we will raise the server cap of all servers to 2/3.

4) By day 3, we will raise the server cap of all servers to its full cap.

5) Each server’s cap is a bit soft and even our top cap is less than the servers can handle.

6) Depending on how many of our CE/SE players take advantage of the head start, we will add more servers as necessary throughout the entire process.

Once again, our plan (not our goal, but our plan) is to deploy servers as needed to *avoid* long server queues whether it is in the Head Start or beyond. Please keep in mind we needed to have some queuing in Open Beta so we could test the code before launch.

Here’s the list of the next servers of each type that are queued up so that guilds can start making their plans.

We will not open all the CE/SE servers at launch for a number of reasons, one of which is that doing so would be unfair to the SE players who might also want to come into a “fresh” server just like our CE people. We also will not open all the servers we have racked at SE launch as the same reasoning applies to people who didn’t pre-order the game. We will not open all our servers at launch as well since that could lead to servers with too few people in the beginning if people spread out too much.

If this plan doesn’t work, you can expect us to make changes on the fly and/or after launch including free transfers as necessary.

Mark

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
As the servers have just recently opened, queues are to be expected. Naturally, everyone who can is online playing right now. Also, server populations are capped at the moment. We will raise the population cap on our servers as more and more players leave the starting zones.

We will probably have to live with queues for some time today. We'll also have new and even more recruits joining tomorrow and we fully expect queues for some time. We're all anxious to play, but stay with this for a while, knowing it's a temporary situation caused by the large influx of players on virgin servers.

-Magnus

Sparky

Loyal Freddie
For a minute there I thought I had actually pre-ordered and paid to actually play the game a bit early, not to just sit in a queue for the best part of an hour only to be thrown off and have to do it all again tomorrow when many many more people join.

I do understand what you are trying to do but with all the people coming in tomorrow for the SE access the capping today is kind of pointless. Wouldn't it have been more effective to max the caps today and let the CE people find their homes without this frustration so we can actually play amd make some progress (after all we don't exactly get much of a headstart) and then apply some more sensible caps on the servers ahead of the SE people arriving tomorrow?

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
the queues are getting a bit crazy considering like 10% of the the total people who are going to be playing war are playing now..

even more annoying is that the queues are only around 100 people, wouldnt make much diff to let them in :(

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Well lets face it the best servers will be those that are opened last queuing wise..

Draylor

Part of the furniture
"best"?

Depends if you like empty servers, ghost towns dont do much for most people.

rynnor

Rockhound
There are basically 2 schools of implementation of starter zones - 1 says instance them - then everyone can fit in 2 says make it one zone and expect some queue'ing and for it to be busy.

I have played on games with each of these options and in the end those that use one zone were better because believe it or not people actually like to see others in the zone :)

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
"best"?

Ghost towns? are you mad? every server was packed in beta and that's not even all of the customers. They're opening the servers and keeping populations lower to spread their customer base, so you'll end up with a roughly even spread.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Are the queues on all the servers or just some of them?

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
i suspect these few ce servers will forever be filled with CE people and the extra heads wont mean anything on them.

in my opinion it was a mistake not to have all the servers planned online...

SE people obviously wont join a CE server when there is queues and judging from your post there still will be tommorow.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
When we had our meeting last night and were trying to pick a server with a predicted relatively low population it was difficult. There were a few we could cross off the list straight away such as Kremlin-Orrud and a few more based on where known huge alliances were aiming to land. In the end we were forced to pick what was actually our very last choice for a server from the small list in our efforts to guesstimate where would become overcrowded. Afterwards when I saw the list of guilds landing on the same server I was very happy indeed. Some old friends there as well as some age-old enemies.

It will be interesting to see how the population develops over the next few days. I have every confidence GOA will do their utmost to avoid unhappy customers at this crucial phase in WAR's lifecycle and that all the people we made arrangements with over the last few months will be able to play on the same server together without mishap.

Killgorde

Loyal Freddie
"best"?

It would be far easier to move "Ghost Town" people on to more populated servers en masse on free transfers once the situation has stabilised a week into release rather than the other way around. With far more SE joining tomorrow than CE today, and then the mass influx at release, Mythic/GOA's attempt to sardine each of the early servers will result in a lot of players facing the prospect of trying to join their guildmates on what will become very crowded servers on the 18th.

Administratively far easier to float more servers and then compress every two (or three) ghost servers into one post-release, than possibly having to deal with thousands of individual requests in all directions if as Mark Jacobs suggests, free transfers possibly become available.

Starman

Part of the furniture
It seems that the original post was more questioning the fact they he was logged in had a crash then had to wait 30mins in a queue. In that question I don't see why if a client crashes rather than logging out completely. Then surely you should remain suspended for a while before losing your place in the queue. I know WoW and other titles do it like this.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Fun times ahead then tomorrow.

Anyone else having visions of people leaving their characters logged in when they go out etc so they don't have to queue?

Wouldn't suprise me to walk into a town and see people auto running into that building :m00::m00:

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
those queues are wierd everytime i get to number 1 it logs me in and loads the character and then kicks me back to character select but lets me log straight in again without having to queue :S
im sure it didnt do that in beta

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
you shouldnt really have to Q longer that 10 mins on headstart.

Interestingly though Mark jacobs says that they can bring up a server in 30 mins, so looks like they are using visualization and most likely VM on 2 core 2 socket ESX blades, unless they have gone for 4 core, be interesting to see if GOA have mimicked the VM setup, most likely they have though as its easier to support the images and has better scalability. Most likely redhat is the OS, unless they are using sun containers.

:m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom