CSS on Office LAN

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Does everyone need a Steam account for this to be possible?

Yep, CSS runs via Steam sadly, you need to sign in to play.

It is possible to run cs 1.6 without a steam id, though you need to have a cd key for each pc

Himse

FH is my second home
Not a lot, poss 5 at the most

do you have 2 steam accounts?

you can play on lan using the same accounts, just not online afiak.

everyone just needs to have CSS on their pc, login to your account 5 times i think it works just on lan.

you just cant play internet cos your steam ID's conflict.

Opt1

Fledgling Freddie
There are ways around the Steam authentification, which I imagine is legal and above board so long as you own copies of the game.. but I am worried that this is not the case and don't want to upset anyone so I will not post it here =]

.. Basically, Steam requires you to all authenticate set it to Offline mode, which frankly can be a ridiculous thing to ask of every LAN attendee - someone always cocks up.

Google Digitalzone and check out the forums there for more info, long time since I looked into it but does work well.

Edit the last bit out if it will cause trouble and let me know - do not think am breaking rules but am a bit paranoid I will and don't want to p*** anyone off.

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Thanks for the help guys :)

Going to be playing offline :)

Opt1

Fledgling Freddie
.. Basically, Steam requires you to all authenticate and set it to Offline mode, which frankly can be a ridiculous thing to ask of every LAN attendee - someone always cocks up.

Sorry I think I was wrong on this count - it was like this initially and it had to be set to Offline before you went somewhere without the internet.. but I think they may or may not have fixed this with an update since.. am not sure.

But tis neither here not there, am glad to hear you found a way :]

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Yep, CSS runs via Steam sadly, you need to sign in to play.

It is possible to run cs 1.6 without a steam id, though you need to have a cd key for each pc

Ah CS 1.6, the good old days of key 1234567891234 for lan use :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom