Cs!

Gray

FH is my second home
Its been absolute years [Maybe 4 years or more] since i played Counterstrike. So i just installed the disc i have which had Half-Life 1 and Counterstrike on it [Half-Life Generations].

I had Steam already installed due to another game i have been playing, but Counterstrike wasnt recognised under it. I logged onto Counterstrike but nothing was working there, i do remember they released Counterstrike: Source which i played, but i thought it was just an "upgraded" version of the old Counterstrike?

Is Counterstrike: Source a seperate entity to the original Counterstrike, hence i would have to re-buy the game and what not?

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
yes CS:S is a completely different baby and uses the source engine from half life 2. if i recall the original CS doesnt and uses the old half life engine whatever its called :)
pretty sure CSS is free

throdgrain

FH is my second home
CSS isnt free.

You buy it from Steam for bugger all.

Its not the same as CS.

You bloody idiot.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
They are different games; consider CS:S as CounterStrike 2.
I had a problem getting CS to install properly when I got my new pc, but I think that was because I didn't have steam installed at the time, and I haven't checked since because I usually play CSS instead.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
CSS is great -get hooked up Gray, and bumble along to the new KEA public server!!!

/pimp

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Pure lies I am the only one on the server ever!!

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Gray: Did you enter your old HL key into steam? As far as I remember, different HL keys unlock different shit under steam so you may get CS:S for bugger all if you plug in your old key.

Gray

FH is my second home
Nahh i just bought a new copy in the end, prices seemed the same.

I ordered the actual disc though instead which came next day, since i'll be formatting my harddrive when Win7 comes anyway so i saved the hassle.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Worth doing it anyhow mate, just to see what happens. In steam go:

Games -> Activate a product on steam

Gray

FH is my second home
Oh and one other thing...

I remember in old-CS when i played it, i used to play around with settings and crap plus the odd macro and what not.

What was the name of the mod/macro if they're still available, which allows you to buy loads of stuff with a click of a button? I remember being able to buy Armor/Gun/Pistol/Grenades etc with one click...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
bind "key" "buy ak47;buy vesthelm;buy defuser" as an example

(replace with whatever guns you want)

or if you're lazy, you can save loadouts on the buy screen, and then bind it to a key, press the 'b' (buy button) + the loadout hotkey you saved it to.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Nahh i just bought a new copy in the end, prices seemed the same.

I ordered the actual disc though instead which came next day, since i'll be formatting my harddrive when Win7 comes anyway so i saved the hassle.

GHA!<!<!<! Gray, Steam just lets you download the game and then back it up to a DVD, it's cheaper via Steam than the physical CD, and you'll still have to wait for it to download (the many) updates.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I went on the other day. Was just me versus Gray and Aph3x. I had a really good run on CS Italy. Will have to pop on again at some point

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
was there yesterday! managed to get my average from 0.54 to 0.48 in less then 15 minutes!

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
lol teedles.

Info for people I am on the server from about 7pm generally on my own until another couple join and then it seems to pick up from about 8pm until late.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Isn't that worse teedles?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
err...yes? I never claimed to be any good at the game you know :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom