CS:Source > Old CS

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
Amazing game... graphics update is truely spectacular, lighting and shadows are wonderful. Greande effects are just perfect - all three are amazing the smokeeffect + muzzle flash is astounding, and the effects HE grenades have on objects is amazingly realistic i.e. they go flying everywhere :) . The physics engine is wonderful although does have the effect (at the moment) of a tyre will inevitably follow one of the terrorists around the map as the Terrorist trys and keep their new 'friend' with them :)

Same old CS just updated with all the things that needed updating.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I've got a *sniff* version, but i'm enjoying just running about and enjoying the graphics and the physics. It's a huge improvement over the dated looking original; looking forward to playing it online.

Great graphics, lovely DX9 effects, great physics, 5.1 sound owns all - a much needed injection into a game that I feel was fading away.

G

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I have that CS itch back now, the one that encourages me to spend every free moment playing it, has me thinking about it and the best way to play when I cant physically play it. Its a damn good.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
you could try the ZhG Server : 217.161.41.13:27015

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Hope they sort out the player models, they run like a gorrilla at the moment :)
Also, it has seemed a bit jerky this morning, though I dont know if thats the server I was on or not.

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah how do people who haven't played CS since beta and don't know what Steam is get started with this?

throdgrain

FH is my second home
We dont care ;)

Oh alright then. CS Source is still a Beta. It is available, via Steam, to people who have bought Counter-Strike Condition Zero, or who have the free HL2 voucher handed out with certain ATI video cards some time ago.
It won't be like this forever though, and in a while I believe all Steam users with a Half-Life (1) cd key will be able to play it.
You WILL need Steam to do this, whatever you do.
So, if you want it, dust off your Half Life Cd, download Steam from www.steampowered.com and install Counter-Strike (1!) or whatever , and wait a bit. Or go buy Counter-Strike Condition Zero, then download Steam, download Counter-Strike ,install CS:CZ, then play the Beta immediately.
Its up to you, but Steam is essential.

Oh, btw, yes, it is the HL2 engine, and yes, it does make Doom3 look silly ;)

Jis

Regular Freddie
Cask, I would first start by downloading the Steam installer

Once its all downloaded and installed whack in your half life cd key and you can download cs, tfc classic (if you want).

If you have an ATI product that came with a free code you can take this code and click on 'browse games', then 'register a product i already own' and this is where the key goes.

If you don't have an ATI code then you will need a valid cs:condition zero key, this can be purchased from a shop or over steam again from the 'browse games' section of steam.

Get the code and in your 'play games' section you should have an option that allows you to select and download cs:source.

Have fun.

mookie

One of Freddy's beloved
downloading it now, hope its fun :) havent played cs since beta5 or something. those were the days :)

mookie

One of Freddy's beloved
hahah thats fucking ace. the physics are great, got that old CS buzz back ;)

Gray

FH is my second home
Its good... i like. Only a few problems i had mind. When i was sorting the res like how i have had since CS 1.5 (1280*1024) it had "LCD" next to it. I selected it mind hoping for the best, it accepted it fine but when i joined a game i crashed to desktop. Lovely

Had to select the next one up (1280*980) the screen is squashed in but suppose thats ok.

I found it veryyy difficult to actually hit anything in the game, i felt like a monkey on springs the way i was moving around. Only got 25fps max, but it seemed to be ok. If i can get a few hundred quid maybe i'll get a more decent graphics card.

I do like the effects of the grens, im just wondering while youre dazed if you can actually fire now, and when you select a nade i seem to lag a bit :s

Use of a Buyscript, mucho needed, feels slow without one
Last one is im hoping ASE can get the program to recognise CS:S servers

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I run at 1280*1024 just fine. Try launching source with this command line "-console -width 1280 -height 1024 -fullscreen"

throdgrain

FH is my second home
ASE now does recognise CS:S . Me, I play at 1024-768 for cs, always have had, and if im honest I still find it a bit difficult to aim sometimes due to lag. No doubt it will all be fixed though :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
U gits. I'm sorely tempted to buy CZ just to get it, but I'd regret it when HL2 arrives.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Gray said:
Use of a Buyscript, mucho needed, feels slow without one
Last one is im hoping ASE can get the program to recognise CS:S servers

If you currently play CS, copy your userconfig from cstrike to your csource folder

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom