Votes: 4 40.0%
  • :twak:

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • :confused:

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I like it. I don't really understand what some people are complaining about (even going so far as to try and organise a boycott lol!?).

Dukat

Resident Freddy
I like it. I don't really understand what some people are complaining about (even going so far as to try and organise a boycott lol!?).

Random, momentary pauses.
Faggy TF2 'Achievements'
Stupid lag-inducing 'killcam' (can be turned off clientside, but still causes lag)

To name a few - I'm still not sure whether I actually hate it or not, I just wish it could've been left alone.

The new stats thing seems to mean every idiot stacks on winning teams and ragequits as soon as things go bad - always a problem before, now it seems to have taken over the game, atleast in the server's I've been in.

I dont know what it is, the game just feels different. I quite like some of the changes - despite being gay the achievements are an okish distraction on thier own.

Bah, I don't know :(

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I can agree on the random momentary pauses; that pisses me off.

I like the achievements in that I had grown tired of cs:s and it's brought me back to play for a little while longer.

Can't you turn off most of the killcam settings?

I didn't really think of the lifetime stats having an affect like that, but now you mention it I have noticed that even I'm taking more care to not die and get easy kills to preserve my kdr (i.e. I'm a faggot) :(

I haven't really enjoyed any fps that has come out since CSS (except quake live) and it seems that now they are trying to update CSS to be like all these shitty CoD games.

You have almost converted me to the naysayers, but I still think trying to organise a boycott is lol; the changes aren't that big.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Yea, can agree with what you're saying there - to be fair I'm doing the same as you and being more careful alot of the time, but to me that kinda spoils alot of the fun that used to be had from joining random servers and not really caring about stats.

I'm hoping this will just be another dynamic pricing re-run: I expect most servers will begin to turn off alot of the settings server-side when they realise they can.

The killcam thing can be turned off, but it still causes lag if you only do it clientside - I'd guess the server still has to process it for those who have it enabled (or something along those lines).

A bit frustrated by it right now - there's the basis of a good update that will breath life into the game there, I just think its covered under a thinly disguised layer of clique'd gimmicks right now.

And I *still* want to keep playing it, even though it pisses me off, arrrrggh

ECA

I am a FH squatter
People always hate CS updates, and then the next one will come out and they will hate that and prefer the previous one claiming it was the best yet - despite proclaiming their hatred when it first came out.

This has been happening since like.. beta3.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
People always hate CS updates, and then the next one will come out and they will hate that and prefer the previous one claiming it was the best yet - despite proclaiming their hatred when it first came out.

Agreed :)

Dukat

Resident Freddy

And that sort of thing isnt even limited to CS, I've seen it happen in just about every game since I first plugged a modem into the phone socket at age 12 - Does that make every update good or bad? No, its just an effect of how people reject change, it has no real relevence to the actual content at all.

With that said, this update has changed alot more than any update since the whole dynamic pricing fiasco - (funny, I don't recall many people claiming that was ever the 'best version yet') - I think it will be interesting to see how it affects the number of people playing.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Hmmm... They seem to have turned CSS into Modern Warfare.

I'm unlear on the kill cam thing, this has always been a feature of CS, what is different now?

Dukat

Resident Freddy
I'm unlear on the kill cam thing, this has always been a feature of CS, what is different now?

You sure you havent been playing TF2 all these yearse and not realising it ? :p

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I have never known about a killcam in cs until yesterday :ninja:

Well on the bright side at least they haven't added in classes, experience points, level ups, unlockable weapons or vehicles

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I've not really commented yet because I hated it yesterday, but that might just be me. I was really tired yesterday and couldnt hit a thing, now wether that was because of the update or just me who knows. I suspect some servers are using outdated plug ins that are lagging things too. No doubt in a few days it will be sorted out. After all the beta wasnt laggy, that I recall.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
I'm still undecided. The game still feels a hell of a lot more serious than it ever did before. I've noticed alot more rage-quitting and lame "win at all costs" tactics being employed and to be honest, I've caught myself beginning to start doing it as well.

I do like the achievements, and the stats are interesting, but it really does seem to have made the whole thing even more competitive than it was before.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Stats n Unlockables = HIV for gameplay :(

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I played on a server just now, it was so laggy I played 2 rounds then quit :/

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I played again today, it was really laggy on every server I joined and for some reason I was getting 20-30fps rather than the normal 70+
...not so happy with it now

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
This used to happen every update remember? Give it a week for the servers to sort out their plugins and settings.

CS has always been an evolving game, the nature of it will mean that people will always grow out of it, or it will out grow them. It's amazing that its been going so long, attracting new players, to do that it needs to keep evolving.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Indeed mate, thats why I said a bad day rather than jesus-christ-this-is-the-end-of-the-world :D

throdgrain

FH is my second home
*UPDATE*

Crouching bug still evident

Wrong skin bug still about

But lag dimished, is playable again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom