Cs:s

Will

/bin/su
So, I've got broadband now....is this game any good? :)

Will

/bin/su
Nope. I gave up CS a few years ago now, and since I moved house I've been on dialup, so not playing any online games. But I finally got a decent connection this week, and wondered if CS:S was any good.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Yes is the answer. If you enjoyed playing CS you will love the new version.
The graphics and rag doll effects are brilliant.

Needs more maps though...

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I usually play here as they are well moderated and are not full of morons

-=DVF=- Server

195.20.108.194:27050

IOA Server

195.20.108.36:27015

Gumbo

FH is my second home
You could try playing on Fussake servers moderated by Insane, TC, eXhumed and myself. I'm going out now, but I'll post ip's later or go in #the_firm and badger them.

Will

/bin/su
Badger them? Sounds like they are turning into KEA. :p

Gray

FH is my second home
Im still undecided on Source. Sure, the graphics are all excellent, but its all the small niggling things which peck at me more.

IE - As stated, a few new maps would be nice, maybe complete new ones and not re-makes.
Get the skins sorted ffs! I dont wanna play as a "US Marine" or whatever the first option is - This game has been out what? 4 months or more and still they havent given more options.
Stopsound should be re-enabled on all servers (With or without sv_cheats)
Theres too many servers with BOTs on em, it gets annoying when you join a server only to find its only full of BOTs
Did i mention new maps? Hmm

/Edit

From Gametiger.com >

Fussake.net CS:Source #3 (Admin Mod) - Office ONLY 213.230.204.78:27018 cstrike 2.0 cs_office 0/23 03:16
Fussake.net CS:Source #2 (Admin Mod) - Compound ONLY 213.230.204.78:27017 cstrike 2.0 cs_compound 18/23 00:14
Fussake.net CS:Source #1 (Admin Mod) - All Maps 213.230.204.78:27016 cstrike 2.0 de_aztec 0/23 01:26

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Ooooh Ta Gray saved me a cut and paste. I haven't played much the last few weeks, real life and CoH has got in the way, but when I get into it I do prefer it to old skool by miles, it just feels better to play, everything is more polished.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
I only recently started playing CS again(after ~3 years), aside from the new graphics, it's still the same game.

Though I've had some scary moments, playing on a server for a few rounds and wondering why everyone's soo quiet... then I realise they're BOTS!! :(

There're still cheaters and TK'ers... most of the low-ping servers I join are french/german. Feels too commercial now, and I only played for a couple of weeks, before forgetting it was installed.

P.S. Does the HL2 box come with a manual? All I had was a slip of paper with the keyboard controlls listed. I'm thinking GAME ripped me off :x

Funkybunny

Banned
here you can download all seeing eye.. its been taken over by yahoo but it is still very good and not alot of commercial and stuff..

http://gamesdomain.yahoo.com/ase/register

then you can set specifics for what servertypes you wanna play.. like country, pinglimits, servers has players on, server isnt password protected and such... if needed i can scribble a lil easy guide to get the best outta it :p

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Theres fuck all cheats, just loads of people who cant accept that others are better than them.
If you had 4 different skins of the quality of the current one all your clonky old pcs would be running css at about 9fps avarage, then you'd all be on here asking for the command to make all skins the same .
The KEA server is mostly passworded nowadays, we only use it for matches, prefering to come and get accused of cheating on everyone elses servers ...

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
There're still cheats for the game, I've seen some blatant ones (speed hack, auto-aim and wallhack rolled into one). Valve's anti cheat gimmick is due out soon?

Gifv DoD!

throdgrain

FH is my second home
http://groups.msn.com/BadgerHome/things.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=18

http://groups.msn.com/BadgerHome/things.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=19

http://groups.msn.com/BadgerHome/things.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=20

Just a random few. I play css about 2 hours a day, at least. Ive hardly seen any cheats at all. Just people accusing each other, and mostly me :/
Theres FAR more accusers in css than cheats, far more people who think they know what they're talking about, and quite probably know sod all.

Funkybunny

Banned
throdgrain said:
http://groups.msn.com/BadgerHome/things.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=18

http://groups.msn.com/BadgerHome/things.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=19

http://groups.msn.com/BadgerHome/things.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=20

Just a random few. I play css about 2 hours a day, at least. Ive hardly seen any cheats at all. Just people accusing each other, and mostly me :/
Theres FAR more accusers in css than cheats, far more people who think they know what they're talking about, and quite probably know sod all.

dude.. dont get angry over someone accusing you of cheating.. just smile and say thanks.. because it means they think y ou are too good ...

ive never had the problems with really whiny servers... but i play scandinavian servers .. in CS 1.6 its bad.. but in cs:s its pretty normal ppl playing :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The cheats in Source are very blatent, and thus quite uncommon. I honestly haven't seen more than the odd one or two cheat on Source since it came out.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Indeed Ch3tan. What you have seen however , Im sure, are loads of people who think they are good getting hammered by people who actually are good, and then those same people have no recourse but to say "ur a complete fucking cheat xxxxx " or whatever.
And no, by the way, I dont think Im the best thing to css since sliced bread, Im just a regular reasonable player. Only thing is, the whiners are fucking dreadful, and cant live with it...

Gray

FH is my second home
VAC2 released today, already looks to be causing a few problems playing the game for me, causing momentarily lag and sound is crackling temporarily

Will

/bin/su
Well, I've had a few games, mostly on the Fussake servers, and I'm not at all bad at this game. My weapons choices are a little bit altered (the P90 has replaced the MP5, and I seem to be a lot better with the shottie). I've been accused of cheating already, which is nice.

Is there any way to fix the weapon names? And are the new weapons any good? (Some cheap rifle, and the FAMAS. I've not tried them)

Gray

FH is my second home
The FAMAS is the bane of my gaming, other players use it perfectly, all the way across the map with Burstfire and still headshot me. Hatehatehate!

Just watch for the lamers using the Autosniper, until they fix that recoil i dont play on Source much :/

Will

/bin/su
Gray said:
Just watch for the lamers using the Autosniper, until they fix that recoil i dont play on Source much :/
This sentance means almost nothing to me...

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It's just SG moaning as usual. Ignore it :)

He is just grumpy that people figured out how to mute him ingame, so his patented ScouseSpeakHack doesnt work.

Will

/bin/su
So, has the weapon balance actually changed, or is it just I've been playing different games so I don't aim the same? Back in the day, it was USP or Deagle, MP5, M4, AK, or AWP. Any other weapon, and you were just having a laugh.

"Muahahah, I pwned your team with my TMP!"

Gray

FH is my second home
Surely you have all come across the players using the G3 and Sig550? The "absolute no recoil but deadlier than AWP" guns?

Hmm....

throdgrain

FH is my second home
They take 2 shots at least to kill, rather than 1 with an awp.
They are a bit shit, but there you go, not that many people use em anyway. Get over it ;)

Will

/bin/su
I used to use those snipers with deadly effect...but they were stupidly overpriced for what they did. I'm sure that hasn't changed.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
No mate, in fairness to Gray, they are vastly improved now, and are the standard nooby lamer gun :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom