CS on Xbox

C

CptDoom

So. CS on Xbox? I got it and seems good tho i get the feeling Rainbow 6 3 will win the tray rights.

W

whipped

I still have to disagree with FPS on a console. It's just not right I tells ya!

K

KevinUK

What Whipped said. On my Xbox I have sport and driving games then mainly xbox exclusive games, cos PC owns the rest of the genres :p

L

lovedaddy

Knights of the old republic and Dues Ex 2 are both really good on xbox, and I would have generally considered them PC type games.

D

Deadmanwalking

Originally posted by lovedaddy
Dues Ex 2 are both really good on xbox,

God damn bloody Console whore bunny etc etc etc

Why can't you get your own games and leave classic PC titles alone :(

W

whipped

My rule of thumb has always been the following.

FPS = PC
3rdPS = Console
Sports Games = Console
RTS = PC
Adventure games = Both
Driving games = Console

L

lovedaddy

Originally posted by Deadmanwalking
God damn bloody Console whore bunny etc etc etc

Why can't you get your own games and leave classic PC titles alone :(

Oh aye, cos its the console owners fault that the PC development side of Dues Ex 2 was dross. Maybe its the PC owners thats to blame for not actually purchasing enough games to keep the PC gaming market a priority.

S

Sharma

Originally posted by whipped
I still have to disagree with FPS on a console. It's just not right I tells ya!

Amen to that. :D

E

Embattle

Originally posted by lovedaddy
Oh aye, cos its the console owners fault that the PC development side of Dues Ex 2 was dross. Maybe its the PC owners thats to blame for not actually purchasing enough games to keep the PC gaming market a priority.

Actually its because a lack of any proper ability to tie games into the PC arena......not that it really matters since many seem to agree that Dues Ex 2 suxs :eek:

L

lovedaddy

Disagree, with only about 1/10 PC games actually making a profit, most developers would treat the PC as a second rate platform (dont give me the dross about the technical ability or control systems, I'm talking pure sales).

Only the top few games, or games that have OEM deals with manufactures make it big on the PC.

So what you expect? Make a game exclusively for PC and make next to nothing, or have it cross platform and make cash.

E

Embattle

Well I totally disagree with that figure of 1/10, in reality the definition of an exclusive can also be called into question.

So what you expect? Make a game exclusively for PC and make next to nothing, or have it cross platform and make cash.

I never said they would, I just had a different reason although I would agree that they most probably can't make as much money on most exclusives with PCs since the console manfucturers have a habit of throwing money at them from time to time.

Fragmentation and lack of standards plays a large part too.

Y

Yaka

Originally posted by whipped
My rule of thumb has always been the following.

FPS = PC
3rdPS = Console
Sports Games = Console
RTS = PC
Adventure games = Both
Driving games = Console

so damn true, and i wish they would stop doing multiformat stuff, who care if they gota make some people redundant

Users who are viewing this thread