Cry babies on forums = no go with blizzard

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-pvp&t=19530&p=1&tmp=1#post19530

Hehe. Well I did ask that players not ask that other classes be nerfed. But when a class asks itself to be nerfed. Hmmmmm.

Kidding aside, we still take the stance that class balancing is a job best left to the dev team, and do not heavily weigh player feedback on the forums.

We do not seriously consider community requests for nerfs for other classes. (I got ganked by <class> please nerf them.)

I'm going to start locking any post that asks that some class be nerfed. This is getting out of hand. Please don't ask us to nerf a class that you came across. If it is meant to be, then we'll do it, but otherwise it is at the discretion of the developers.

snoz

Loyal Freddie
Good tbh !

The "amaged m8s warrior is overpowered he wtfpwned me " whine is ZZZ much better left up to developers you trust to do the number crunching.

Shame we could never trust mythic with this :(

Got a feeling nick will try his best to whine anyway ^^

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Good that they dont intend to listen to random whine, but then lets hope they have a keen grasp of (i.e. that they play alot themselves) how their implementations affect gamebalance.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I enjoy reading the forums.. the yanks bring much comedy to it.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Atleast its not gonna be like Mythic and DaoC. But still have a feeling that majority of Blizzard dev's wifes playing Paladin/Rogue... :)
If you know what im talkin about ^^

Aada

Part of the furniture
I dont think Blizzard will nerf pallys/shamans because are'nt they meant to be hero classes?

Solid

Fledgling Freddie
Aren't Hero Class an extension of the base classes:

eg

Warrior ==> Mountain King (Dorf) or Blade Master (Orc)
Rogue ==> Demon Hunter (NE)
Hunter ==> Warden (NE)

Just speculating, none of this is based on facts or anything else :D

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I think you'll find we will adopt a similar stance here also ;)

Aada

Part of the furniture
LordjOX said:

Well Paladins/Shamans were special units in the warcraft games? therefore they are meant to be slightly more special then the other classes?

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Aada said:
I dont think Blizzard will nerf pallys/shamans because are'nt they meant to be hero classes?

No, Hero classes are elite paths you can take late in the game, probably when you hit 60 in your base profession. Paladins and Shamans will have their own hero classes etc. Bliz are still working on this.

sko

Loyal Freddie
The reason that shaman and paladin might seem overpowering is :

It's an early stage in the game, even tho people are level 60 they are still noobs. By this I can bring up examples like "The earth is flat." "Thane mjølnir rocks in pvp. What is mezz anyway?". People don't really have a sense of pvp yet, the game isn't even finished at all when it comes to pvp, and those who KNOW how to play can actually beat most pally nubbers (interupt/disarm anyone?) Shamans - kill their totems in 1 dmg hit anyone?

I mean, people are saying druid is crap while disregarding they have the highest dmg-output of all the classes...

PEOPLE SHUT THE FUCK UP and play the game a bit, then you can whine when you actually know wtf you are talking about.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Also I guess most talent templates used arent as good for pvp as people think they are.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Druid has highest damage output of all the classes? go do some research dude druids are the most underpowered class in the game at the moment thats why they are getting love in the next patch!

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
I actually agree with Sko here, plus the fact that the ONLY thing on the American WoW boards is whine, so I suppose they cant separate real imbalances from people wanting nerfs for revenge or whatever.

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
Can't read those boards without serious mental issues for more than 2 minutes.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
sko said:
PEOPLE SHUT THE FUCK UP and play the game a bit, then you can whine when you actually know wtf you are talking about.

maybe post that where "PEOPLE" are playing the game and whining about it? :rolleyes:

DAoC became too popular and as the dev team grew, they lost perspective and became retarded. It's pretty obvious they don't know enough about the classes to even think about balancing them. The average employee goes to the VN boards to research on the class he's meant to be working on. Even worse, they use unpaid Team Leaders to do the work they should be doing, and while some poor sap is cranking out 10,000 heal variance statistics.. the daoc.dev is playing his fotm.mid.class and laughing at the alb.loosers who whine on the VNboards.

I couldn't care less what Blizzard do on forums, so long as they're capabale of updating the game without absurd fuckups.

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
Its pretty simple really, DAoC was much much harder to balance as the opposing sides had different classes. With WoW (with the exception of the Pally and Shaman) all the classes are the same, thus the game by nature will be alot more balanced in terms of horde versus alliance anyway.

Obviously there will be slight class versus class inbalances to be ironed out but in a nutshell expect a pretty rounded game with WoW compared to DAoC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom