Crush Merc's suck ?

W

wildsorcerer

i was lookin at the new weapons for 1.64 and there is a new craftable crush weapon that is 16.5 and faster than the jambies i use at mo.

heard ppl sayin how gimped crush merc's are but not talked to 1 myself

any1 out there that is crush and can say how they do RvR

also would like to know about the chain side style that gives a stun, how long does it last for ?

i am slash at mo and flank rocks but only when it goes off and with no + to hit it kinda sucks most of the time

any advise would b grand thx

W

wildsorcerer

hmm i thought Devastate has a long duration stunn doesnt say anything there maybe they removed it from game on a earlyer patch can any1 confirm ?

O

old.mattshanes

Nothing wrong with it, can frontload good as crush(warhammer+warmace) haste offhand dot mainhand, neutral all mids isn't a bad thing.:)

THRUST 4TEHWIN though xDDDDDDDDDDD

Thrust doesn't hit as hard as slash on vunerable slash targets(but on mid chain hits MUCH better than slash most times) BUT hits A LOT faster AND has decent weapons plus the ones coming in 1.64 are the best you can get for a merc.Though go crush if you like, it's not bad neutral all mids but be warned hib tanks/druids will give you high resists.

I played all 3 melee types so know what's good and what's not in what situations, feel free to ask ingame if you wish to know about resists and what weaps to use as each melee type etc.

C

cHodAX

Would go thrust myself, lots of benefits and having d.fang available for the rare occasion that you evade is a real boon. Mercs hit cloth and leather so hard anyway that slash or thrust isn't a huge difference but thrust on mids chain usually adds up to more damage over the course of a few swings.

D

Dunmer

Originally posted by old.cHodAX
Would go thrust myself, lots of benefits and having d.fang available for the rare occasion that you evade is a real boon. Mercs hit cloth and leather so hard anyway that slash or thrust isn't a huge difference but thrust on mids chain usually adds up to more damage over the course of a few swings.

DF sucks as a thrust merc, cause of the shitty evade we get and even with Dodger RA. But overall thrust is really good, lacking anytime chain and superior back style from slash isn't really noticeable when you can use thrust's and DW's good positionals. About anytime, thrust has .58 growth rate lvl 8 taunt style, Ame slash is .62, tho Dia (growth .9x) slash's opening is succesful Ame slash.

Never go crush, crush styles and resists sucks, when compared to thrust what gives more damage vs Mid Chain and slash that gives more damage vs Hibs.

Don't whine about spelling if there are mistakes.

E

Ezeine

Crush isn't that bad. Just go with the dmgtype you like most :p

N

naetha

I was crush and I loved it I have to admit (you'll pwn in duels...not that it matters :eek: )

I only went thrust to combat the unkillable healers. and to get the points in parry from autotraining to 50.

Spec is now 50/50/31 which ain't bad :)

W

wildsorcerer

been lookin into 1.65d abd there are a few changes commin to crush styles ... but as i said 1.65d :(

so ill prolly stick with slash for now and maybe get some SCed armour rdy for 1.65d.

prolly a v long way off thou sadly

Thx for the great tips guys

D

Dunmer

Originally posted by naetha
I was crush and I loved it I have to admit (you'll pwn in duels...not that it matters :eek: )

If you go for crush spec to pwn in duels, then you must be really stupid.

L

Lumikki

Crush isn't bad at all, do what you want, it's all about personal preference :)

xx

O

old.mattshanes

One bad thing with crush is you can not take advantage of the haste effect so much, thrust and slash can do it very well in 1.64.(4.0 spd+2.6 spd for slash and thrust 3.9 spd+2.4 spd yummy xD)

A

adro

If u wanna find out bout Crush PM Lydi in game she is a crush merc and has made RR5 as crush she seems to love it

Users who are viewing this thread