crusades

stubbyrulz

Fledgling Freddie
i was wondering christians crusade and muslims jihad do any other religions have anything like that?

moomin

Fledgling Freddie
I think the religion of the wij has orgies instead of crusades

Catsby

One of Freddy's beloved
Catsby notes that Buddhists often set themselves on fire.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Christianity and Islam are prosthelyzing religions intent on converting non-believers (unlike, say , Judaism) so 'Holy War' is a natural offshoot (n.b. Jihad and Crusade aren't the same thing), but plenty of other religions and cultures have practiced systematic holy wars; Hindus have done it, and probably the best example is the Aztecs whose whole culture was based around holy war.

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
Jehova's Witnesses try and convert non-belivers, the doorstep army!

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Ormorof said:
they are christians though? :D

if you count their deliberately mistranslated version of the bible as true then maybe...

more like the worlds most successful cult (or was that rupert murdoch?)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Oi moomin you massive bra wearing homo!!

Whos that in your avatar luv?

Turamber

Part of the furniture
yaruar said:
if you count their deliberately mistranslated version of the bible as true then maybe...

The vast majority of Christian religions have been accused, at one time or another, of having their own version of the Bible. One Christian group, the Catholics, even claim that the Bible's not really all that important.

But, back on topic, the vast majority of world religions go hand-in-glove with politics and because of this are responsible for a huge amount of bloodshed worldwide. It's no coincidence that Jesus said religion was responsible for everyone who had died in wars.

And, back on the offtopic, at least Witnesses don't believe in going to war or involvement in politics. Whatever their faults those are stands that I admire and agree 100% with.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Turamber said:
The vast majority of Christian religions have been accused, at one time or another, of having their own version of the Bible. One Christian group, the Catholics, even claim that the Bible's not really all that important.

But, back on topic, the vast majority of world religions go hand-in-glove with politics and because of this are responsible for a huge amount of bloodshed worldwide. It's no coincidence that Jesus said religion was responsible for everyone who had died in wars.

And, back on the offtopic, at least Witnesses don't believe in going to war or involvement in politics. Whatever their faults those are stands that I admire and agree 100% with.

if only they didnt come bother us while spamming FH :(

nath

Fledgling Freddie
yaruar said:
more like the worlds most successful cult

Being an agno-atheist I'd say Christianity as a whole or Islam holds that title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom