Crossrealming

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
Someone please explain to me what is exactly classified as "Crossrealming".
As i seem unable to find any SOLID information about it.

Thank you

Faya

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Using infomation gained on one realms account (i.e relic raids to come, enemy locations, things you cannot find out ingame in your own realm). To benefit you on another realms account in an unfair way, as in to prepare for a raid and so on.

This can be done in several ways, having two accounts yourself or talking to someone from another realm and exchanging such info.

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
Thank you Kagato, would you count playing Bodyguard for 2 enemy players as crossrealming or just , hmh, evening the odds against the 3rd realm?

Faya

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
Faya said:
Thank you Kagato, would you count playing Bodyguard for 2 enemy players as crossrealming or just , hmh, evening the odds against the 3rd realm?

Faya

u cant bg players from another realm

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
if you meet up in RvR and happen to leave the hib alone because you'd rather kill the mid that's not cross-realming

if you pm the hib in IRC and arrange to meet up on bled bridge to gank people that's cross-realming.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Faya said:
would you count playing Bodyguard for 2 enemy players as crossrealming or just , hmh, evening the odds against the 3rd realm?

Wouldn't call it crossrealming (unless you arranged to do it on IRC or something), but wouldn't be so generous as to call it "evening the odds" either :p

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
With Bodyguarding i meant Haij, the Troll, and his 2 hib friends this morning standing idle behind crim tower ganking albs, together.
But as i was clarified by Rightnow, sadly, it ISNT crossrealming just THAT way.
As there is next to no chance to get a hardprove HOW they arranged the non-agression pact, i guess any enemy who encounters enemys working together from other realms is f*****.

Thank you for the rare NO FLAME posting, as i was curious what ppl think.

Faya

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
cus not everyone kills everything on sight, unfortunately unlike 95% of the community who take every oppurtunity to leech rps

prodical

Fledgling Freddie
how about u arrange a duel with an irl mate who sits beside u in ur lan cafe and plays for another realm and ye are same rr but play different class types.
that considered as cross realming?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
prodical said:
how about u arrange a duel with an irl mate who sits beside u in ur lan cafe and plays for another realm and ye are same rr but play different class types.

yep

Technodave

One of Freddy's beloved
prodical said:

a few weeks ago in the friday grab bag GoA said any 1 arranging duels who is caught cud have there rp's striped or that toon deleted and that it was against the CoC

eble

Fledgling Freddie
When we were takin crim 1 back from the albs earlier yesterday, I saw a solo SB, (name witheld), decided not to pop him(the joys of MOS 5), a bit later he had made a few surrender gestures to a few of us rangers about so we left him to pa and kill a few albs.

You always know that at some point he will change his mind and nail someone and true to form about 5 minutes later either a ranger attacked him or he attacked them, who knows/who cares but he killed someone.

I wouldn't class that as cross realming, just an on the spot decision to let him do his thing.

I've lost count of how many times i'll seen sts from dif realms nr/close to a large groupo from a another realm, i've done somthing silly like blow a kiss and they have decided its a real wise move to attack me in full view of nme zerg, ofcourse we both end up dead and without rp's :D

just cant beat rp horny people.

eble

rah

Fledgling Freddie
Faya said:
With Bodyguarding i meant Haij, the Troll, and his 2 hib friends this morning standing idle behind crim tower ganking albs, together.
But as i was clarified by Rightnow, sadly, it ISNT crossrealming just THAT way.
As there is next to no chance to get a hardprove HOW they arranged the non-agression pact, i guess any enemy who encounters enemys working together from other realms is f*****.

Thank you for the rare NO FLAME posting, as i was curious what ppl think.

Faya

"Haj" :'(

Jika

Fledgling Freddie
thats just lol . and the thing about not leeching etc that u can report it .. is pure bullshit :E

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
prodical said:

I think it depends on the situration, a simple fight to the death is no different or any more of an advantage to each other then a normal fight.

However if you are there with healers/rezzers to keep rezzing each other and fight over again to farm rps you'll probably end up in trouble.

As a fan of dueling I think GOA are being extremely petty and anal about it, but they have proven plenty of times recently that they are just as capable as Mythic of making stupid decisions so no suprise there.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Kagato said:
I think it depends on the situration, a simple fight to the death is no different or any more of an advantage to each other then a normal fight.

However if you are there with healers/rezzers to keep rezzing each other and fight over again to farm rps you'll probably end up in trouble.

As a fan of dueling I think GOA are being extremely petty and anal about it, but they have proven plenty of times recently that they are just as capable as Mythic of making stupid decisions so no suprise there.

actually it's probably a good idea to post a hard line in the CoC and then apply it as and when it's deserved.
(rather than have people saying "oh but it wasnt rp farming because of this and that and this")

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
How about they add a special GoA zone (one of the BGs maybe) with rps disabled. Could happily have duels there, and gain no advantage over it...

Heck they could even organise a cross realm duel championship

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
The thing is, it must be nigh on impossible to catch someone doing it anyway
I reckon 3% of Daoc are quite High RR cos they own a 50 on 2 realms on the same server lol.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:
The thing is, it must be nigh on impossible to catch someone doing it anyway
I reckon 3% of Daoc are quite High RR cos they own a 50 on 2 realms on the same server lol.

Thats more difficult to get away with now, the death spam is spread over a much larger area now and your almost garunteed to have someone else seeing the deathspam even if your killing at the bottom of the ocean.

So in short if the same two people keep killing or getting killed by the same person every 3 minutes in the same area, people will get suspicious.

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
knighthood said:

You know, you could've just posted:

"Hi i'm a clueless noobalb who is jealous for people with rps"

Jika

Fledgling Freddie
hmm my PC dosent let me log in 1 char on mid and another on hib :p

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
Well Kalba, i wont come with numbers but there IS and there HAVE ppl pwl themselves up with self killing or irq made killing sprees, Denieng THAT is more noobish imo. And why cant ppl stop flaming on a post when someone starts to express his/her opinion?
Plain stupid ppl in this community sometimes.

Faya

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
this so called rps powerleveling is extremely slow and annoying for everyone involved fyi, much better to just make a grp and go real rvr :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom