"Crossrealming" question.

Mazzaca

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 15, 2005
Messages
1,122
well this is pretty much about a thing that has happend this morning, and as I've been threatened with a ban I'm curious if it's against the rules what happend. I was aware of the fact that setting up meetings with people from other realm to kill folks from the third realm (aka hib and alb vs mids) was against the rules, but I was not aware that I am not allowed to chose who I kill and who I don't kill?
anyway, this is what happend, this morning a couple of hibs and mids spontanously met at bled shore near boat dropoff, we/i didn't know either of them in person and we simply communicated through emotes, and did a couple of duels there. I, as a person usually don't do that as I'm pretty happy about each dead alb/hib I see, but yet again I'm not rp horny enough to bash everyone if they do a /surrender /hug /beg, after all that's what emotes are good for right?
anyway, later on as we were fighting at the shore, 1:1 i assume it was, some moron (useless to tell his name) came up and decided to nuke the hib who was in a fight with the middie, anyway, I /y stop etc, nevertheless the adding guy died by Discipline.
now, afterwards, since this guys ego apparently seems too small to stand a single death, I've been threatened with various crap by him and been told to read the CoC, which i honestly couldn't be arsed to at that moment.

so, does any of the above qualify for a ban? pretty much odd if so as I always thought it's my sole choice whos life i spare and whom i kill.
 

Kais

Banned
Joined
Jul 28, 2004
Messages
655
Mazzaca said:
well this is pretty much about a thing that has happend this morning, and as I've been threatened with a ban I'm curious if it's against the rules what happend. I was aware of the fact that setting up meetings with people from other realm to kill folks from the third realm (aka hib and alb vs mids) was against the rules, but I was not aware that I am not allowed to chose who I kill and who I don't kill?
anyway, this is what happend, this morning a couple of hibs and mids spontanously met at bled shore near boat dropoff, we/i didn't know either of them in person and we simply communicated through emotes, and did a couple of duels there. I, as a person usually don't do that as I'm pretty happy about each dead alb/hib I see, but yet again I'm not rp horny enough to bash everyone if they do a /surrender /hug /beg, after all that's what emotes are good for right?
anyway, later on as we were fighting at the shore, 1:1 i assume it was, some moron (useless to tell his name) came up and decided to nuke the hib who was in a fight with the middie, anyway, I /y stop etc, nevertheless the adding guy died by Discipline.
now, afterwards, since this guys ego apparently seems too small to stand a single death, I've been threatened with various crap by him and been told to read the CoC, which i honestly couldn't be arsed to at that moment.

so, does any of the above qualify for a ban? pretty much odd if so as I always thought it's my sole choice whos life i spare and whom i kill.
unless they can prove you were cross realming you have nothing to fear.
 

Mazzaca

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 15, 2005
Messages
1,122
the dude sent a mail attaching a screenshot that prolly shows him being dead and a hib fighting a mid with me standing next to them without interfeering if thats proof :)
 

Influenza

Resident Freddy
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
1,483
I wouldnt worry about it personally , aslong as you didnt swear at him etc... you should be fine , its not as if the coc says you have to kill every person from an enemy realm that you meet.
 

majik

Banned
Joined
May 9, 2004
Messages
2,025
The only way you can be banned is if they have irc/msn logs of you arranging it using a 3rd party program.
 

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
8,324
as long as it's not arranged it's fine - if you happen across someone and decide not to fight via emotes and the like that's ok.

As you noted above arranging it on IRC is a nono.
 

Kais

Banned
Joined
Jul 28, 2004
Messages
655
Mazzaca said:
the dude sent a mail attaching a screenshot that prolly shows him being dead and a hib fighting a mid with me standing next to them without interfeering if thats proof :)
a fools proof nothing more, the only real evidance they can get of cross realming is if you have both chars logged in.
 

Mazzaca

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 15, 2005
Messages
1,122
I called him narrow-minded moron with an incredibly small ego afterwards :rolleyes:.
and I'm not really worried, even if I'd get banned the break wouldn't really be bad ;)
 

achaius

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Apr 16, 2004
Messages
157
Doesn't sound like you have anything to worry about. I have had that sort of scenario a couple of times. It's a laugh and a bit different. Other people don't have to play by the same rules though ofc and can come up and kill someone you have been larking about with, but they can't complain or report you for what you were doing... Sounds like they over-reacted. Good on you I say :)
 

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
3,777
To be honest, GOA's stance on arranged duels is just petty, but more on topic, as you mentioned above theres nothing you've done that can be held against you as it was all coincidence, not arranged.

And even if you did arrange it I wouldn't call it cross realming if no one was benefiting from it unfairly.
 

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Messages
1,862
Crossrealming
1: Using information about an enemy realm that you couldn't legitimately have got ingame (other than information made publically available by us via XML). By definition you are crossrealming if you have characters logged in two different realms onteh same server at the same time.
2: Or communicating out of game with members of enemy realms for the purpose of rp farming, organised duels etc.

There is no rule that says you have to kill any enemy you meet, although you should be aware that actively teaming up with realm enemies may put you in breach of the 'spirit of the game' clauses in the CoC. The enemy of your enemy is still your enemy.
 

Heath

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
508
The guy sounds like a horses cock. Ignore him and carry on playing the way you do m8. I have had that happen to me a few times to and to date, i have never been banned for choosing who i want to (and have the ability) to kill. He would prolly have screamed at you for kill stealing if you helped him anyway !!! (o:

Enjoy the game and dont let anybody dictate how you need to or should play. :D
 

Shafu

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 24, 2004
Messages
224
Nope, that's not crossrealming. You're free to play the game like that, just like the mid who showed up was free to kill the hib if he wanted to. Whether it's fun/disrespectful/lame/right or wrong is a different story :)
 

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,095
Bloodclot said:
i am a mid..

mids are enemies of albs. does that mean mids are my enemy to..
Yes, now START HITTING THEM INSTEAD OF ME, MMMKAY??
 

sedde

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Jun 11, 2004
Messages
1,058
Bloodclot said:
i am a mid..

mids are enemies of albs. does that mean mids are my enemy to..



such a smart-ass you are ;)
 

Mazzaca

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 15, 2005
Messages
1,122
No, it's omg-stop-including-screens-into-a-quote-its-annoying?
 

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
3,777
Mazzaca said:
No, it's omg-stop-including-screens-into-a-quote-its-annoying?

Anything to annoy a middie :flame:


edit: annoys the mod too :p
 

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,332
Don't honestly think Goa can afford to ban ppl for stuff like that nowadays. After WoW-release Daoc is going dooooooooooooooooooooooooooown. mohaha.
 

Bloodclot

Banned
Joined
Jan 22, 2004
Messages
692
Nalistah said:
Don't honestly think Goa can afford to ban ppl for stuff like that nowadays. After WoW-release Daoc is going dooooooooooooooooooooooooooown. mohaha.
aye thats why excal has 1500+ players in the evening atm while it was 1000-1100 before catacombs.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom