Cross Server RVR.

Maasu

Fledgling Freddie
I had an idea for the Cross server RVR issue. Why not only apply it to low pop servers? You have a handful of highly populated servers, that can fuel RVR instances themselves, and thus maintain a community lovin' and all that good stuff, and then you have the ones that are unable to help each other.

There's possibly a bad reason to do this, but at the momment i can't think why.

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Broadband providers not having the setup to support it, for a start.
And
Nerfing servers when one server looses and bitches to the devs (Remember all the old time bitching from Barrysworld?).

Tinu

Fledgling Freddie
Broadband providers not having the setup to support it, for a start.
And
Nerfing servers when one server looses and bitches to the devs (Remember all the old time bitching from Barrysworld?).

wtf are u talking about? read the topic again :)

SonicBorg

Regular Freddie
if i am understanding the original post correctly, this has been discussed on many boards, and majority of people tend to think that cross server RvR is a bad idea.

Personally looking at uptime and rollbacks that happened in DAoC, i would rather we had stability then cross server RvR causing problems and servers going down.

Although i do agree that the idea is great, maybe it should be done as a tournament 1-2 times a year, when all the top teams of the servers are invited into a instanced which puts them together to battle it out as top RvR team in the region. an arena if you will.

Maasu

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry i'll explain myself a little better.

I'm only talking about instanced RVR, scenario's/battlegrounds (whatever u want to call them). Where people que up for a fight.

So with that in mind, my idea is to only have Cross server RVR on low population servers, where there isn't enough players on both sides to provide regular RVR instances.

On larger servers, there is no need for Cross server RVR as there is enough players to fuel the instances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom