+Crit items

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Turamber said:
Argh!! People turning WoW into DAoC :/ Makes even the CoH system look appealing.
Come again?

Elaborate a little. Which part are people turning into DAoC? Equipment? Have fun making templates in Daoc without spellcrafting and stat caps and miniscule drop rates on most of the better items.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Turamber said:
Argh!! People turning WoW into DAoC :/ Makes even the CoH system look appealing.
If you don't want equipment discussions then CoH is better suited for you (though people still discuss enhancement templates and such).

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Whisperess said:
Elaborate a little.

Endless lists of items; farming endless items for a 0.0000001% advantage over another farmer; creating templates of 'must have uber phat lewtz'. Doesn't do anything for me whatsoever. Nevermind making CoH look appealing, it makes dominoes appealing. I'm not one for the min/max approach to gaming - I enjoy the experience, not the geeky planning.

mts

Fledgling Freddie
Turamber said:
Endless lists of items; farming endless items for a 0.0000001% advantage over another farmer; creating templates of 'must have uber phat lewtz'. Doesn't do anything for me whatsoever. Nevermind making CoH look appealing, it makes dominoes appealing. I'm not one for the min/max approach to gaming - I enjoy the experience, not the geeky planning.

then, my friend, you are playing the wrong game.

in a mmorpg where certain items (crit) gives you an edge in pvp there will always be templates, list of items etc. sorry..

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Turamber said:
I enjoy the experience, not the geeky planning.
We aren't whining about your way of enjoying the game, why do you whine about ours?

It's not like you have to care, is it?

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Turamber said:
What makes your way of playing the game more valid than others? Have you considered that other people may enjoy the planning of items and the satisfaction of reaching a goal? I suggest you remove the blinkers you're wearing if you plan to play MMORPGs; your holier-than-thou outlook will not win you friends, quite the opposite.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
*sees both sides of the argument very clearly*

Leave it out eh chaps? :touch:

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Oops, and there was me thinking that a forum was for expressing views about subjects, be they in agreement or at variance. /em slaps hands with a ruler for his foolishness

Maybe I need to farm the uber helm of 1337ness.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Turamber said:
Oops, and there was me thinking that a forum was for expressing views about subjects, be they in agreement or at variance. /em slaps hands with a ruler for his foolishness
You expressed your view, we expressed a conflicting view. You now attempt to discredit other views by arguing that you are being persecuted for your views. A classic use of logical fallacies.

Wyleia

Fledgling Freddie
GuildWars.. I think that game you dont have to farm equipment to play endgame or smth.. But in WoW u cant really walk around naked (well unles u are dancing for money at AH)

For those of you who remember the Spellcrafting Calculator.. Fear the WoWCalc has arrived! (After much pushing and encouragement of my hubby to code it, cuz I NEED to see my stats and work out templates! lol)

http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=1343

(curse is running a bit slow til they get their new servers, homepage for the thing is www.lafekafe.com/WoWCalc/ if curse is too slow atm.)

DONT look at above link if you are offended by things made/done for WoW that might remind you of daoc! :) hehe that means you Turamber you big gooberboy

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Danya said:
You expressed your view, we expressed a conflicting view. You now attempt to discredit other views by arguing that you are being persecuted for your views. A classic use of logical fallacies.

*reads replies to post* Err if I am not mistaken I'm accused of telling people how to play (bizarrely enough) after being asked to explain my viewpoint.

I understand why WoW becomes a farmfest at 60 because, sans Battlegrounds, there isn't much else to do :(

Reading long lists of must have items earlier in this thread, though, put a cold shiver down my back. I really hope Blizzard don't go the hardcore route with their game - I don't much like being 60 as it is; I like to be able to solo or duo content: raid/epic/multiple elite content is bleh to me.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Wyleia said:
For those of you who remember the Spellcrafting Calculator.. Fear the WoWCalc has arrived! (After much pushing and encouragement of my hubby to code it, cuz I NEED to see my stats and work out templates! lol)

http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=1343

(curse is running a bit slow til they get their new servers, homepage for the thing is www.lafekafe.com/WoWCalc/ if curse is too slow atm.)

DONT look at above link if you are offended by things made/done for WoW that might remind you of daoc! :) hehe that means you Turamber you big gooberboy
Co-incidentally enough I also have an equipment calc I'm working on. Still somewhat of a work in progress though. =o

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
Danya said:
Co-incidentally enough I also have an equipment calc I'm working on. Still somewhat of a work in progress though. =o
bah, guys, stop working on the same stuff as I do :<

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
It isn't hard at all for any class to get a decent suit if they go to high end instances a few times a week they can have a set of decent blues so i do not see what the problem is.I only farm hard items because my class has the ability to kill high lv elites with ease so why not make the most of it?Oo

I also enjoy killing them believe it or not, i love pve and pvp and try to make the most out of the game for me which everyone does if they want to enjoy it.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Chrystina said:
bah, guys, stop working on the same stuff as I do :<
Started mine before I even got wow (turned out to not be the best plan since I had no idea how items worked). :p

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Gonna add one to our website sooner or later (when everything else is "done" :p).

Was planning on using Allakhazam's XML listings for the items, but their way of storing effects on items more or less suck large boulders.

Haven't looked into it, is it possible to extract item info from the mopaqs? Also, anyone have a list of race/class combo stats at level 60 (or the entire progression)?

Vantros of the Delerium

Fledgling Freddie
u do all realie that the items that say up to x dmg increase.. mean a random amount between 1 and x.... so saying you will get 260 dmg isnt quite right... also saying u dont notice it going low is also a bit strange because a nuke is like a weapon it has 1 between z and y calculation so it varies in its dmg... and although it will give u more nukeing power with 5 items with up to gear on u could still only end up with 5dmg extra or the full 200 dmg extra.. or even some random number in between.

my question is why isnt there a +% to crit numerical value in the spell book like there is for a weapon.. i would defo like to know exactly how much chance i have to crit per nuke tbh... or does someone have a mod that acuratly calculates it?

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Vantros of the Delerium said:
u do all realie that the items that say up to x dmg increase.. mean a random amount between 1 and x.... so saying you will get 260 dmg isnt quite right... also saying u dont notice it going low is also a bit strange because a nuke is like a weapon it has 1 between z and y calculation so it varies in its dmg... and although it will give u more nukeing power with 5 items with up to gear on u could still only end up with 5dmg extra or the full 200 dmg extra.. or even some random number in between.
Not quite.
Items that say "up to X" always add X, almost all items are of this type. Items that say "up to X to Y" add a random amount, there's a couple of these but not many. The "up to" is because you only get full bonus on long spells (3.5s+); shorter spells receive a reduced bonus so that they get the same DPS boost as longer spells. For instance a 1.5s spell gets 43% (1.5/3.5) of the bonus. So with up to +100 in gear a fireball (3.5s) gets an extra 100, while a scorch gets an extra 43 damage.
So when people say they get 260 damage, they do, but only on long spells like fireball.

my question is why isnt there a +% to crit numerical value in the spell book like there is for a weapon.. i would defo like to know exactly how much chance i have to crit per nuke tbh... or does someone have a mod that acuratly calculates it?
AFAIK:
4% base at 60.
1%/100 int
Crit gear and talents additional.

So 300 int and 5% in gear gives 4+3+5 = 12% crit, plus any talents.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Got eye of flame now...i really recommend all fire or arcane mages to get their hands on one, cost me 200g but the damage is well worth it and considering a helm of just as good stats is A LOT harder to get.(cap of scarlet savant or mc helms)

Fireballs do about 845-970 and scorches about 342-386 now.(when these crit several times in a row i get very nice ignites)

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
my crit build @ sig

missing : Onyxia ring (1% crit)
Kazzak ring (1% crit)
Rank 9 Head
Rank 9 Shoulders ( for 4 piece set bonus : 1.5s less blink cooldown)
Oh and ill change in pvp bracers when I have more mana (from rumination and voracity enchants)

The epic trinket probably makes more different than all of my other armour put together , should be a must have for any fire mage wanting to frontload dmg in pvp

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
I'll pass sycho - it does nothing for frost. :( And I have Arcanist Crown. :p

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Sycho said:
It isn't hard at all for any class to get a decent suit if they go to high end instances a few times a week

Sure, but I play games for fun -- continually raiding the same instances for a small chance of getting something I want is not fun to me. Levelling to 60 in WoW is one of the best experiences I've had in MMOG's, the variety of quest types, areas to explore, creatures to fight. You can solo the game if you like and just group every now and again. Fabulous stuff.

Then you get to 60 and it looks as if Blizzard hired EQ staff to complete the 'content'. Camp xyz mobs for 3 weeks to get good reputation with them and receive an item; they make grouping a necessity and, for the best instances, not just any old group but the *perfect* group is needed.

In one stroke WoW goes from being solo player/casual player friendly into as much a grindfest as anything I've seen in EQ or, *spit*, ToA. I can understand that some of you who stuck with DAoC through ToA, go RR10 characters etc like it - you are the hardcore MMOG vets. But, like I said, I play games for fun and I find all that stuff to be utterly boring.

At present I'm levelling another character, doing some TM zerg fighting with my warlock to get the PvP rewards and waiting for Battlegrounds. The longer Blizzard waits to introduce them the more likely I will quit and go find something else to play; I've actively been looking for another game as it is.

Vantros of the Delerium

Fledgling Freddie
Danya said:
Not quite.
Items that say "up to X" always add X, almost all items are of this type. Items that say "up to X to Y" add a random amount, there's a couple of these but not many. The "up to" is because you only get full bonus on long spells (3.5s+); shorter spells receive a reduced bonus so that they get the same DPS boost as longer spells. For instance a 1.5s spell gets 43% (1.5/3.5) of the bonus. So with up to +100 in gear a fireball (3.5s) gets an extra 100, while a scorch gets an extra 43 damage.
So when people say they get 260 damage, they do, but only on long spells like fireball.

AFAIK:
4% base at 60.
1%/100 int
Crit gear and talents additional.

So 300 int and 5% in gear gives 4+3+5 = 12% crit, plus any talents.

after some searching i found this http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=blizzard-archive&t=5&p=1&tmp=1#post5 it explinas the +dmg gear and the up to + dmg gear.

As for the crit http://forums.worldofwar.net/archive/index.php/t-328007.html has the conclusion Base 5% + 1%/29 Int..

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
I'm reasonably sure that conclusion is wrong - I have roughly a 14% crit ratio (from damage logs). I have over 400 int and crit items - according to that formula I should be over 19% from int alone, let alone with items.

Vantros of the Delerium

Fledgling Freddie
i would say its a good chance on being right since agility for tanks is very close to that same calculation for crits, i doubt they would make it so paladins and warriors could crit so easily without allowing a caster type the same chance... wonder when the devs will comment on it though so everyone actually knows.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
i would say its a good chance on being right since agility for tanks is very close to that same calculation for crits, i doubt they would make it so paladins and warriors could crit so easily without allowing a caster type the same chance... wonder when the devs will comment on it though so everyone actually knows.
Doubt it all you want, but it's the way it is. Reason: If I crit as often as a melee char would with my stats, there would be no challenge whatsoever in PvP.

Consider this; why do you think melee crits are 100% added damage and spell crits are 50% added damage?

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
But the data doesn't support it at all - whereas 100 int per 1% crit is not only commonly stated, but fits the data very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom