Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
anyone getting it :) special edition is out on the 20th (already got it pre-ordered) trailer below for those that want a little teaser ;)

Plot: set years before Final Fantasy VII you play as Zack Fair in his journey to become a first class soldier.

You get to meet alot of familiar faces including Cloud, Aeris, Sephiroth and even Yuffie :) along with some new faces top ranking Soldier Genesis (looks god damn amazing) and Angeal.

Gametrailers.com - Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Episode 2: Genesis and Sephiroth

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
what!?!?! no final fantasy fans on OT! YOU DIRTY FIENDS!

pikeh

Resident Freddy
what kind of game is it?

the cg looks like advent children graphics which is great!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
what!?!?! no final fantasy fans on OT! YOU DIRTY FIENDS!

W I E R D O !!!!!

Some of us like masturbating to pictures of serial killers whilst rolling around in our own faeces and vomit singing "I want to kill everyone"

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
I pre orded it from the US, and finished the game in 84 hours, with everything finished 100% missions Secret boss, 99999 Dmg 99999 HP etc.

you can ofc finish it in a lot less time( I think I finished it on Normal mode in 14hours might have been slightly more), its a bloody awesome game and as much as any FF fan knows what will happen at the end of the game it still brought a tear to my eye.

Btw Blood its not like any other final fantasy game (Maybe a little like tactics )

It has the Return of Matera(but a very simple version unless you count Fusion) but its a Full on Hack and Slash. the DMW does get a little annoying at times, but when you get everything it gets a lot better and the summons are just amazing. :)

I have to say the Trailers dont do the GFX justice, and some of the FMV's are just stunning.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Its cross between FF7/FF12 and FF10 I think :) its on the PSP and comes out on the 20th of this month.

The graphics are absolutely stunning for a portable platform.

Gametrailers.com - Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Review - Better trailer :p explains EVERYTHING about it aswell as shows ingame gameplay etc.

looks pretty good to be honest, the word "linear" was mentioned a couple of times though, kinda more like a Devil May Cry but with a few rpg elements thrown in. Well, thats the impression I get from that video anyway. Good idea though, I felt Zack deserved a bit of a bigger part in the original FF7.

/edit above post answers all the questions I was going to ask :)

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
W I E R D O !!!!!

Some of us like masturbating to pictures of serial killers whilst rolling around in our own faeces and vomit singing "I want to kill everyone"

Well, it's bad news I'm afraid, Mr. Bianco. 'The Little Book of Calm' has become lodged between the small intestine and the pancreas. If it rotates a centimetre or two to the left, you'll be dead in seconds.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I pre orded it from the US, and finished the game in 84 hours, with everything finished 100% missions Secret boss, 99999 Dmg 99999 HP etc.

you can ofc finish it in a lot less time( I think I finished it on Normal mode in 14hours might have been slightly more), its a bloody awesome game and as much as any FF fan knows what will happen at the end of the game it still brought a tear to my eye.

Btw Blood its not like any other final fantasy game (Maybe a little like tactics )

It has the Return of Matera(but a very simple version unless you count Fusion) but its a Full on Hack and Slash. the DMW does get a little annoying at times, but when you get everything it gets a lot better and the summons are just amazing. :)

I have to say the Trailers dont do the GFX justice, and some of the FMV's are just stunning.

Damn you terry! I want it now :p *shakes fist at monitor* so theres different difficulty settings? you need to unlock the harder ones or can you just select them by default :p

p.s don't give any story away since u've completed it ;)

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
you can start the game on Normal or Hard, when you start the game, but when you finished the game the first time you can start the game again with most of the items, and your level and Matera intact.

Hard mode before you have done normal mode = death (The mobs just have to much HP)

When you have finished it on Hard mode + 99% missions, = Secret ending.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Don't know why they can't just remake the real FF7 already.

I thought part of the charm of 7 was the shitty graphics.
You cant really say that the later FF's have been nearly as good as 7/8 can you?
12 was (while brilliant in its own way) was a totally new game, and 10 was...bleh.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Havent actually tried it myself yet :) whats the story around it :p

It's quite hard to give a sample without containing spoilers, I'd suggest just reading up on the game on the official site ^^

As for the game it's self, so much stuff to do, I've just completed my first run through on normal mode, and reached level 43. I'm now about to start playing through again, but this time on Hard, with the same character (you keep your level, talents, gear, money, but nothing else) to progress to level 60 (before completing the game on normal mode, the level cap is 50).

Not only on my 2nd play through am I just "grinding to level 60", there's side-quest's I missed the first time, especially collection ones (you can visit a lot of planets and won't find all there is to find until you search every corner of each planet) and I could also play another class if I chose fit to, but I'm saving that for a later re-run. Additionally, after completing it on hard mode, Insane mode is unlocked, which is really meant to be challenging :)

The graphics are decent if your PC can handle the high setings, I've editted the engine.ini file to improve the shadows/anti-aliasing etc, as that isn't an option ingame, and now it looks great. Audio is just superb, each sound and music track fits so damn well into what you're doing at the time it's incredible. To add to this, every character's voice is voice acted, some by famous people.

Combat is also great, you quickly come to realise you're not going to get very far by just spamming that same button over and over, you have to master exactly what all of your abilities do, and when to use them to get the most use out of them, although this is more true on the harder difficulties.

Last but not least, the storyline. The story in Mass Effect is one of the best I've seen in an RPG (or any game, for that matter) for a long time. I'm one of those players that will just click through a lot of dialogue just so I can get started on the mission/quest/get killing people, but on ME I read just about everything there was to read concerning the lore behind the story, it's really well put together and certainly well presented.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Yeah I agree totally about ME, what I loved the most was that every single planet no matter how insignifant has a backstory, how maybe some race tried to settle there but it didn't work out that well - 'local' planet aspects like every 18 years the planet gets too hot to be habitable etc. It's all very well done, which of course - you can expect from BioWare.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Is sephiros!!!...ahem...is sephiros!!!...stop that! *looks at choir*

Is...*glances*

Better.

Is sephiros!!! Aaaaaaa! Stop it!!!

Is... that guy...evil i this game, as he seems to be, 'cause that kinda f*cks up the storyline? :eek7:

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I thought part of the charm of 7 was the shitty graphics.
You cant really say that the later FF's have been nearly as good as 7/8 can you?
12 was (while brilliant in its own way) was a totally new game, and 10 was...bleh.

It is, but some sheep had to scream for a FF7 remake in a thread like this! Assuming they made it next gen though, kept the gameplay/materia and all that jazz the same, it'd prolly be a massive selling point for whatever Playstation is comes out for.

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH

Is...*glances*

Better.

Is... that guy...evil i this game, as he seems to be, 'cause that kinda f*cks up the storyline? :eek7:

no hes not Evil, hes a fairly likeable guy, and bit buy bit you get to see his life being destroyed, and the rest you know from FF7 :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

Is...*glances*

Better.

Sephiroth doesn't turn evil until he goes to Nibelheim and reads all of hojo's books in the shinra mansion :) its there that he finds out about Jenova and starts his rampage.

Jenova isn't technically Sephiroths mother tho :) a woman called Lucrecia is his biological mother... she gave birth to sephiroth BUT jenova cell's were injected into Lucrecia while she was pregnant with Sephiroth.

Before sephiroth found out about that he was a likeable yet quiet guy.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Would be so cool with a followup to FF7 somehow, or just some FF with the same setting / system or so. But noo, they need to make that shitty real time thing.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Would be so cool with a followup to FF7 somehow, or just some FF with the same setting / system or so. But noo, they need to make that shitty real time thing.

its not that its shit, FF12 did it well I thought, but it just wasnt Final Fantasy as we know it. I hated 10 even though it was random battles/same-ish system. The lead characters after Squall are just shit though.

Everz

FH is my second home
I love these 5gb memory cards.. perfect for such games...

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I love these 5gb memory cards.. perfect for such games...

for about £20 you can pick up a sony pro on play or amazon.

Oh yeah, its not turn based battles if anyone was wondering.

I just ordered a special edition copy off play.com
I figure its Square Enix so they can have my money...as opposed to getting a free copy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom