crashing +lockup problem

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
ive been having serious problems with this computer . main things are lockups , program crashes and random error messages as well programs not starting. when starting the system it works untill the operating system (ME- which could be a major problem , however using a recent Xp version still having the same problems)i think that the motherboard may be the major problem one problem that may be related is that in shut down the computer closes but the computer continues to be running. May be a conflict issues but im throwing this one on the table if anyone has any advice.

the spec is..

super flower dual fan 420W power supply
ASUS A7N8x deluxe
2x 256 pc3200 DDR
Nvidia geforce 4 4800Ti
AMD athlon XP3000+
windows ME +XP
40 Gb maxtor
80 Gb maxtor
soundblaster live! card
dvd +cd re-writer

phlash

Fledgling Freddie
The usual things I would try:

[1] Make sure all the cards and chips are properly seated and everything is nice and clean (esp. RAM sockets). Try it again...

[2] Fire up in safe mode and see if that works better. If so, perhaps you have unstable device drivers for your graphics card or network - roll 'em back to checked versions and try in normal mode...

[3] If none of this helps - run a memory checker (usually a boot floppy required)...

[4] Failing all that - start swapping peripheral bits if you can, and retesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom