crashes to windows

Nordanstahl

Fledgling Freddie
Hi everyone have just upgraded and having problems.I am booted out to windows and it happens a lot 5-6 times per hour some evenings.
have downloaded and installed all the latest drivers too.

my comp spec is as follows:
P4 2.4 HT 1.5 gig Twinmos dualchannel PC3200 memory
Leadtek GFX with Nvidias FX 5950 ultra chipset and 256mb gfx ram
Asustek mobo and 10mb/sec internetconn.

I do think it is the gfx board that mess things up since i only upgraded the ram and gfx board, it worked fine b4 and i doubt the extra ram i bought have anything to do with. The ram is of same type sitting in pairs .

thx in advance for any help

plastic

One of Freddy's beloved
Run memtest86 for 3-5 hours. If you get any errormessages that means you have a bad memory stick / mainboard problem.

Get it at www.memtest86.com

- Unzip it and install it onto a floppy.

- Start computer with the floppy.

- Go afk.

plomien

Fledgling Freddie
do you have any anti-crash programs? if so de-activate them when running DAoC as this caused me to crash out (it keeps trying to fix DaoC but can't)

also what firewall you using?
if using Zonealarm ensure that all files for DAoc have full access (all options ticked) as the popup window can crash you out.

Ziva

Fluffy
What does the blue screen say? To see you have to disable Windows booting after crashing. This can be done in the properties of My computer.

I think this will provide a little more information.

Deechio

Fledgling Freddie
I had the very same prob when i installed new MB , sata hdd and 400mz ram. was a real pain as i just got kicked to desktop for no reason with no error message. tried all combinations of different drivers , but nothing worked , till i did a repair install of windows , and hasnt happened since

unywien

Fledgling Freddie
I have a radeon somtimes mine crashes to desktop. I lowered my memory speed from 400 to 333 cause got errors at 400mhz when testing. I also found that keeping my hdd defragmented as much as possible helps. I still get crash to desktop no error message occasionally but if defragment hdd problem seems to go away. Hope this helps a bit

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom