Crash to Desktop on new Comp

Mistlin

Fledgling Freddie
ok....i've had this comp for about 2 months now and ever since I've had it...i seem to crash to desktop after a couple of hours of RvR. It only seems to happen in the Frontiers, never in PvE.

I've read a couple of threads about people experience a similar thing, but no definative answer...get black screen for a second...then it reappears....few minutes later....same thing....this may happen a couple of times and then....desktop:mad:

This is sometimes coupled with a strange gfx bug where some items or objects appear bright yellow. But as said before, all this has only ever been in the Frontiers so far.

I am currently running on:

AMD Athlon 64 3400+
1Gb ram
NVidia GeForce 6200 with 256mb ram (latest drivers)
Win XP

Anyone any ideas? or suffered the same thing?

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
could you go to http://www.memtest.org/and and run that program?
(download the pre-built ISO, burn the image to a cdrom and boot from it. Nero has a "burn image" option in the "recorder" menu. I don't quite know much about the other burningprograms..}

This program will check if you've got memory issues. If you get errors it doesn't necesarily mean you've got a faulty memory stick. If you receive errors, please run it more then once. if the errors are in thesame spot it's most likely got something to do with the memory. If not then it quite likely is something else like the power supply or overheating.

Also, have you tried running rvr with the case open?

stumps

Fledgling Freddie
I had a similar prob. I got a more powerful Power supply . Been stable ever since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom