Crappy 2012 Olympic posters

rynnor

Rockhound
Is it an early April fools? These images are shite - what a ripoff!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I still cringe at the official logo.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
sorry, im confused..
is that the childrens entry category for a blue peter "design a poster" or something ?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
You're too poor and unwashed to understand..move along.
Seriously I think we're so scared of getting it wrong we've put up some shite by some 'right on' artists and hoped that everyone likes it because they're too scared to share their opinions in case someone laughs.
Can't be worse than the two alien robot mascots...I mean WTF!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Looks shit. But then so does the Olympics.

Does anyone actually care about them?

Mey

Part of the furniture
People get paid to do this crap?

I'm in the wrong industry..

opticle

Part of the furniture
"Riley, who began her career using only black and white patterns, started to experiment with colour in 1967, the same year she began painting stripes."

Fuck this country. Would anyone like to start a new one, Peter Griffin style ?

Influenza

Part of the furniture
Utter shite , id post more but probably get someone saying "you dont understand art" , no they are just shite :)

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Well maybe if you hadnt coloniused hald the world you wouldnt deserve shoit posters

rynnor

Rockhound
Looks shit. But then so does the Olympics.

Does anyone actually care about them?

I do - I have to travel through London for work so thats going to be fun - I'm thinking of going away for the whole time - maybe the Isle of Skye - cant see them going on about it constantly :p

Custodian

Loyal Freddie
Saw them on telly this morning. While folks were repeatedly asking how they reflect "London" or "The Olympics" the arty farty being interviewed just kept referring to how important the artists were. Someone wrote in and asked if the stripey poster would have been selected as representing London Olympics if she had drawn it instead of this important artist and he completely failed to answer and just spoke more about how wonderful the artists are.
What total crap.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
A group of schoolchildren would do better.

rynnor

Rockhound
I hope someone does a freedom of information act request to see just how much money thry were paid -they arent answering that question...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I do - I have to travel through London for work so thats going to be fun - I'm thinking of going away for the whole time - maybe the Isle of Skye - cant see them going on about it constantly :p
I am actually toying with the idea of renting the house out and going somewhere nice, though I am not sure about having strangers here for a couple of weeks. An hour or so away from London.

Himse

FH is my second home
I hate artists, anything to do with 'modern art' especially is total pish.

Sticking a bunch of spades in a box and covering it with glitter isn't worth a gallery.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I am actually toying with the idea of renting the house out and going somewhere nice, though I am not sure about having strangers here for a couple of weeks. An hour or so away from London.

I'd have thought you'd make a fortune doing that tbh, I know someone that does the same for Wimbledon, makes a tidy packet every year and spends Wimbledon fortnight laid on a beach in the tropics

Job

Made my own in 30 seconds..improve

.HAVEIT.jpg

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Pretentiousness personified.
It's not that I don't understand. I understand all too well what's going on, and it's called being pretentious.

My 12 yr old daughter can AND HAS drawn better.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
i saw this on the news and thought someone was taking the piss, they did actually try to explain a couple of the posters and utterly failed to. i aint a fan of art in the first place it does nothing for me, but i can tell when some real effort has gone into something and these are shit. the go one was about the only one that looked like some effort had gone into it (and i still hated that one) there were 2 that stand out as utter utter wank the circles one which my 7 month old son could prob match with some paint and 1 cup and the blue wave or as i called it a smudge on it.

modern art is wank i know ill put an empty tin of beans in a bucket piss in it and get a bunch of tossers to call it art and then sell it for £40,000 madness

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Some of them I wouldn't mind if they were cheap bits of art for sale in Homebase or something. Some of them are just however total gash.

I want to know how much these have cost because I can guarantee it won't be fucking cheap. Yet more proof that the Olympics is being run by inbred retards. I hope I'm wrong in the long run but at the moment I feel the 2012 Olympics is just going to confirm and further advertise the diminishing nation that Britain is becoming.

Job

You have to remember they love the great unwashed to make comments like, 'My kids could do better' and 'A Monkey could do that', because it elevates there self inflated aloofness, the only thing you can actually do is break in, steal the art, store it for future generations as a warning and kill them all.
It's the only way to be sure.

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Lol very good point. You do the stealing and I'll fetch the shotgun. Would it be artistically 'ironic' if we killed the artists and preserved them in the Tate Damien Hirst stylie??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom