Crap times ahead

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
Just needing somewhere to post my frustrations and feelings :(

Really not having such a great time at the mo... Obviously not the only one too...

The split with my x really affected me in someways I cannot describe...so feeling down, hurt etc...
my own company not doing great ever since this poxy Olympics in the UK and I am struggling to get money/jobs in from customers because they do not have the work. As they have no work I cannot take a wage and if I cannot take a wage I am struggling to pay bills. I am in personal debt of around £1500 loan that I have had for several years and I owe my father £12,000.

When I took the company on my business partner left me with a £30,000 company debt which I am trying to fix. I cannot fix this due to not getting any money in, even though I have been constantly marketing etc... I have also been trying to find a full time job and have applied to hundreds of jobs the last few weeks and nothing back, yet...

With my x she meant everything to me and without her now my life seems empty (I know it sounds sad) but its true. I just cannot handle all these problems anymore and I feel like I do not belong here anymore...

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I think if I were in your shoes I would feel like there are so many problems all looming over me. I would try and look at how these problems can be resolved, then focus on the most achievable. If you try and do everything at once it will be overwhelming.

You mentioned pool and a £1k prize? If you have to put a lot of money in to enter...maybe this is not such a good move.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yup. Bin your pool tournament off. You may be thinking it's a good idea, but you could just as easily get raped for an extra grand.

Chin up. Give yourself 12 months of hard work. Things'll come good.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Have you talked to some of the free business / debt advise services out there? Talking to someone, going through the options available will probably help you a lot.

Also in all honesty you sound like you've got a lot of stuff getting you down, have you talked to your GP to see if you can get some counselling through the NHS?

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
bible6.jpg

razor.jpg

This isn't either/or. It's and.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Chin up matey - get's better along the way :)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
As far as your ex is concerned, yes its completely shit when it happens, but, and I know this is clichéd, life goes on. You're still young. Got your entire life ahead of you. Give yourself some time to feel down, then go out with your mates and get back out there.

You do not give up. Its not an option. Life is a precious gift. You only get one shot. There's no afterlife. This is it. 80 years then eternal oblivion. So make the fucking most of it m8.

As far as finances are concerned, there are always solutions. If you're bright enough to run your own business, you'll turn it around, I'm sure. If you have a pain in your arm, you see the doctor. Your tooth hurts, see the dentist. Problems with your wallet, see a professional (accountant, say - a big part of their work is offering advice - phone one up tomorrow). Work like a beast at your business and turn it around. Bankruptcy will level the slate, but you won't be able to get credit for 7 years, and in today's climate, thats not ideal.

I wish you all the very best. Stay positive.

opticle

Part of the furniture
All the best mate. Relationships end and it is horrible, but the best thing to do right now is put that behind you and throw yourself into your business / job hunt. Make that your raison d'etre for the time being and get it sorted. I've no doubt you can and you'd be surprised what happens to you when you're not waiting for things to happen.

Plus, if you can sort out that side of your life, everything else has a much greater chance of all falling into place :) It's not going to happen in days or a few weeks, but it will happen if you put the hours in and think rationally and honestly with yourself, and then it will all pay off.

I can completely sympathise with where you are right now, but it can get better. Focus on one thing at a time and it will.

Chilly

Balls of steel
What are the fundamentals of the business? Even if business picks up, at what level is it sustainable and will you ever be able to return to full profitability with low debt in a reasonable amount of time?
Bankruptcy might be a way to go, although you'll still owe your dad that £12k, I doubt you drew up a credit agreement with him.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
What can we do to help? Need advice on running your business? Forget the ex-partner and move on, concentrate on your income, ie the company. I am sure that between us, and yes it maybe FH but there are some real savvy people here, we can help and offer sound advice.

Nate

FH is my second home
He's got £1500 of personal debt. That's fuck all.

The company debt is a different matter - shouldn't even be considering bankruptcy.
Wouldn't his company be put in to administration if he done that though? Getting rid of his 30 grand debt?

ileks

Part of the furniture
As someone else said, work out what is most achievable (or your biggest priority) and do that first, then just take things one step at a time.

Maybe start going to the gym to take your mind of things? I usually feel a lot better about things after a good jog / workout.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Crap times ahead suggests you know the future!

You mean crap times now!

Head up man! Get advice off friends/family - get yo mind off her, rinse repeat comments! ;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Wouldn't his company be put in to administration if he done that though? Getting rid of his 30 grand debt?

The point of Limited Companies is that you limit your exposure.

It's the company's debt - not his.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Take the pool money, pay 2/3s of your debt, kill the company and your father should be cool about the debt, then get some tottie and have yourself a rebound and fall down drunk in a ditch.

Then dust yourself off and restart game.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Firstly, go fuck some other women, get over your ex. There isn't anything you can do about it.

Don't bother with the pool game, if you can't afford to lose the £1k then don't bet it.

Secondly, what business are you in? Is your company LTD? The personal loan of 1500 isn't all that much. If you are struggling then call them and see if you can arrange a repayment schedule.

Vae

Resident Freddy
Secondly, what business are you in? Is your company LTD? The personal loan of 1500 isn't all that much. If you are struggling then call them and see if you can arrange a repayment schedule.

These are the key questions. If the company is limited and the debts are not guaranteed by Amphrax personally (which is unlikely if they are bank loans) then I would seriously consider the option of folding the company. There's nothing to stop you opening another company or conducting the same trade as a sole trader. If the company has any assets you could even agree a fair sum to buy them from the company. Depending on the circumstances and creditors you may need to appoint a liquidator to formally fold it.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Keep your head up mate. Set some short and long goals and work towards them. Never do anything that takes you away from the goals. Always remember you're reaching your goals. Tell yourself you'r going to make it every day. Taking charge of reaching the goals you set automatically puts you in a better mindset.

Sounds a bit naff, I know, but it works :)

Saraden

Loyal Freddie
Change is usually for the good in the end. And if i have learnt anything in my life so far, it would be that things tend to work out, always. Just don't give up.

wishing you all the best buddy

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
What can we do to help? Need advice on running your business? Forget the ex-partner and move on, concentrate on your income, ie the company. I am sure that between us, and yes it maybe FH but there are some real savvy people here, we can help and offer sound advice.

Well said.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter

Saraden

Loyal Freddie
Also something I try to follow myself (sometimes succeeding better and sometimes worse); (1) I try not to worry about things I can't do anything about. (ie. your x) and (2) I try not to concentrate on how i fucked something up, but instead on how to fix it (or at least try to do damage control).

Bit of cliches, but forces me to think forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom