Crafting!

B

bredo

This is getting seriousely annoying. I've been doing consignemnts the last days (currently 510 wc) cause i havent got the cash for the faster method. But i must be doing something wrong, lately i gain 1 wc skill in maybe 10-15 consignments and most of them are for orange con weapons. If i'm lucky i gain maybe 2 points per hour. I've talked to ppl with 1000+ wc that gains faster than that, so clearly i must be doing something wrong.

Do you gain skill slower from consignments or something? And how does skill gaining work, is it a set chance each try (ie you can get 10 gains in a row on blue con if lucky, and also 10 orange in a row with no gain) or do you have to gain a skill eventually after enough tries?

I'd really appreciate any help, as this is getting very annoying.

C

chretien

Sometimes you hit a dry patch <shrug>. As far as I know the chance of skillgain is the same regardless of whether you're doing consignments or powerskilling up. Also as far as I know there is a formula for the chance to gain skill which is based on your skil level vs the item skill level. What this formula is though or what else may influence it I don't know. It does come down to luck with the RNG eventually though. I can attest to making more than 15 high orange items with no skill gain but the other day I made four blue items and gained skill from each of them.

B

bredo

Yeah i also have hoped it's just a dry patch, but this has been going on for 10-15 hours of craft time. Anyone know if there's any other explanation?

S

StormriderX

Well crafting slows down dramatically once you ding 500. It's a long drawn out process which is made longer by the fact you have to run around town finding the npc to give your weapon to. It would have probably been less noticable if you sat down and crafted without doing the craft tasks. However, if you are self funded then you'll soon be wishing that craft tasks didnt stop at 650 :p

Oh and skilling on wood based weapons (clubs/spears,etc - this is for convience only so you dont have to waste space buying leather items to salvage as well) for 600-800 on purely df salvage will save you a hell of a lot of money.

Users who are viewing this thread