Crafting!

G

Gabrial

Ok - I ventured out into the world of crafting 2 nights ago. My fletching is plodding along nicely now at 460ish with woodworking and metalwork close behind.

Now, I can make Flight Broadhead (or is it Footed, whichever comes after the other:)) but can now see in the distance the ability to make AR10, AR11 and AR12!

I've just had a though - are these spell craft items? ARchery10, ARchery11 etc?

Secondly, cant you make a Footed Flight Broadhead arrow?

G

gibberish

Not sure if I am right here - havent long started fletching myself - and skill reached 501 just before patch. Made AR10 arrows which turned out to be Keen Footed Flight Broadhead so I think AR10, 11 and 12 could be better variations of footed flight?

T

The Exile

that are the 3 types of footed flight arrows:
Keen=Slash
Barbed=Thrust
Blunt=Crush

Enjoy.

G

Gabrial

/drools

They sound nice - I'de better get crafting again tonight then!

O

old.CrazyMuppet

Known bug, names are screwed, fixed in next patch.

But they are indeed new bolts, x-heavy, x-long range, improved accuracy. Nice.

Merchants sell them too though, they are not player-made only.

G

Gabrial

I also noticed heavy long bow was there - anyone got a link to somewhere that shows what level us crafters can begin making this stuff?

G

Gabrial

And another thing!

Can someone answer me this: When I get to a certain level of crafting I am stuck between green and orange items (for example, hinges). Which is the best to produce to get me the gains over time? Should I try the orange version which take longer to make and have more failures but seem to provide the best chance for gains? Or should I go with the greens, that fail less, are produced quicker but *seem* (please tell me if Im wrong!) to provide less gains.

S

shani

Originally posted by Gabrial
And another thing!

Can someone answer me this: When I get to a certain level of crafting I am stuck between green and orange items (for example, hinges). Which is the best to produce to get me the gains over time? Should I try the orange version which take longer to make and have more failures but seem to provide the best chance for gains? Or should I go with the greens, that fail less, are produced quicker but *seem* (please tell me if Im wrong!) to provide less gains.

It depends on what skill you want to upgrade. I'm a weaponcrafter, at this moment I craft maces, but when I do this I don't gain any leatherworking skill. I need leatherworking skill to make swords. To improve my leatherworking skill I do armourcraft. Most easiest way (and cheapest) to improve a skill. If I want to improve my woodwork I just go fletching.

If you are a fletchter / armourcrafter use weaponcraft to increase your metalworking skill, try it, it works :)

regards

T

The Exile

Heavy Bows: 515 is needed for heartwood heavy.

And orange items will give skill gain more so they will keep getting easier but making a few lower items, ie green, when you can't seem to succeed also helps.

As a Fletcher you can use tailoring to raise leather and clothworking.
Armorcrafting to raise metal and leather.
Weaponcrafting to raise metal leather/wood.
Atleast in Midgard ;)

O

old.Osmosis

Green items have a horrible skill up rate, I would recommend that you make the orange items, which have a far better skill increase rate. Of course, the danger of skilling on oranges is that there is a greater chance of failure and material loss.

G

Gabrial

Originally posted by The Exile
Heavy Bows: 515 is needed for heartwood heavy.

And orange items will give skill gain more so they will keep getting easier but making a few lower items, ie green, when you can't seem to succeed also helps.

In other words, they work out the same. Just sort of make whichever you can put up with? When I'm sick of failing to make something try making the easier one for a little boost:)

Users who are viewing this thread