Crafting times

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
I was thinking of a way to make tradeskills more viable and maybe more interesting in a few ways. Nowadays most people play on 2 or more realms thus making new crafters on the "new" realm is tiresome to most of us. Therefor I was thinking of a few ways to make high level crafters a little bit faster compared to now.

My suggestion is that it would be nice to have an option to choose what you'd like to do when crafting.

1. Skill-increase: Reduce the time it takes to make +500 skill parts and when using that option the quality of the items is really poor thus making them not viable in templates.

2. Quality-increase: Increases the time it takes to make the item needed. The chance of making a 96% quality or higher.

I don't know of it's possible to implement such a thing but it would be nice to have that option anyway.

Discuss!

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Well they've already got that to an extent with the tradeskill quests. The problem is all of them with the possible exception of the 700 quest for skillgain take far too long for the little gain they give - they take more time to do than they actually save you.

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
I agree, I usually do the quest several times to get multiple rewards but as you say, the increase isn't really that good. That's why I suggested the options I'd rather want to be there. Though I haven't tried the "faster crafting items" but then again I see no point in using those as I rather just gain skill more often then crafting faster and still not gain skillups at a faster rate.

I'm really interested in the upcoming patches to see how they will improve crafting. After the poll they did I think we'll see some good changes as far as how people want crafted items or not. One thing I'd like to see is that you can insert + to skills, stats, hits and so on. Lower the imbuepoints system to make crafted items more desirable and also make em look good. The thing with aurulites is just annoying. I'd rather see that you can make it look better afterwards instead then wasting time and efforts making the same item over and over as it is today to get the wanted quality.

Lets just hope they lower the time it takes to make a 700+ item, atleast when trying to gain skillups.

well well, we can only wait and see.

wodzie

Fledgling Freddie
Can agree the time and cash used to get a lgn sucks. However, imo - i would rather see the time to get a lgn was increased in difficulty. If any remembers when you had to go to various keeps in OF to get supplies. That time, it took an effort to get a lgn and not just cash and pressing 1 button. With this said, if crafting time should increase, increase the imbue pts on crafted armor and make toa bonuses craftable as said as well. But mostly - give "rewards" to the people who actually do level crafters by giving them armor/weaps that can compete to skills of certain drops/arties. Maybe make a 17dps lvl 51 weap? 125af instead of 102? and defo give the option to make armor in diff gfx - so us the vain people can look good :D

Would thu, be nice if you were capped in your trade they gave increase to MP items making grey items. In comparison, how many MP brackets have people made compared to lvl 51 grey items? why should that be different from hinging to crafting?

Just my thoughts

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom