[Crafting] Mythic get your act together!

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
While were on the subject, yeah, what happened to jewelcraft/herbcraft ect... u would think they would remove the icons tbh since they serve no purpose in being there. Maybe they do have a secret backup plan for them in the future but i doubt it. Its kind of like the mithril icon, its impossible to get more than 200 and something plat on 1 character but its still there <why shuld there be a cap anyway :p>.

Oh well, i hate crafting anyway

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Chrystina said:
You guys must really have problems getting your act together... since ToA no-one cares about 99% stuff, that's correct .. BUT people pay insane cash for MP stuff because they NEED it ... if you have problems charging players more than the actual making cost it's your problem really... FOR TEH REALM MEIGHT! ... my ass tbh ... if ppl pay 20p for a MP chain set WITHOUT hauberk I'm more than happy to take the cash off their hands ... or MP chain boots sell for 4p ... the only crafting that got the shaft is WC'ing ... good thing I never bothered level'ing one :m00:

I think a lot of people feels it okay to let the crafter get a few extra plats for the work cause they know if they could get the same profit from some random pve pretty easily.

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
Its true the crafting in Daoc seems strange, but lately i haven't had any problems making mps. Im only making studded thou, as i miss a tailor. One day before going to barracks, i crafted for 2 hours and made 7 mp studded parts. Only spended like 3p and got that back from 1 of my mp sleeves.

Maybe my luck was up, or i wasen't expecting all the mps. I just suggest to craft for like 3-4 hours, then lvl or rvr with your toonies a while. Then back again :)

Best way of getting less angry on crafting :-P

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Jewelcrafting was originally intended to go ingame with Catacombs, but Mythic removed it again. When it goes ingame is anyone's guess. (They have the system 'finished' on paper.)

blackshadow

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe they could fuck up crafting a bit more ... imagine crafting being stat based ? fully toa'd crafter for the cap increases and maybe bb ? hmmmm
I'll shut up before they offer me a job etc

Vindsjel

Fledgling Freddie
x: hello mate do you take MP orders?
lgm armorer: yes but it can cost from 3 to 15p depending on my/your luck, along side taking from 10 mins to 10 hours.
x: so its a yes?
lgm armorer: sorry mate its too much time sink for a relatively low profit compared to how many scrolls i can farm and what prices i can sell them for in the same time.

think it sums up the general situation. 1/50 chance of getting mp my ass i poppd a mp hauberk (thid one fyi) which was grey to me (1165AC) in 143 retries do the maths to figure out money/time spent on it. Unlucky? Rather call it "script written in 10 minutes which was supposed to give an item a quality change rate of %2 but can be up to 4/1000 cause i cba to spend more time on a script" situation. Not even stating how boring is crafting in Daoc compared to similar games of same genre.

macddon

Fledgling Freddie
I agree AC is gimped but surely the most gimped bit of all is the neccesity to have a tailor help you !!!!

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Hate Daoc crafting system, sat 6 hours once crafting orange con items, about 80% was successfull, still only gained 2 points skill and that was when some arrows was still orange con.

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
Fafnir said:
Hate Daoc crafting system, sat 6 hours once crafting orange con items, about 80% was successfull, still only gained 2 points skill and that was when some arrows was still orange con.
what muppet tries to skill up on orange con items anyway? you should skill up on yellow con items until they turn green, as simple as that ... I mean, would you skill up AC'ing on chain bp's instead of studded? :twak:

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Chrystina said:
what muppet tries to skill up on orange con items anyway? you should skill up on yellow con items until they turn green, as simple as that ... I mean, would you skill up AC'ing on chain bp's instead of studded? :twak:

I've almost always skilled up on orange except for weapon-crafting where I used shields within that range.

Roken

One of Freddy's beloved
Idea for Crafting: (Sorry if I have ripped someone else's idea off!)

What I think would be an improvement to this system is as follows.

(Taking Weaponcraft as an example)

The Anville has a kind of 'Health' bar.
Once you select the item you want to craft, click on the anville.
Anville takes on Con & Hits related to the item you are crafting.
To complete the item you bash the anville (maybe with Hammer equipped)
doing 'damage'. When the health bar hits 0 you finish.

As you gain skill in WC, you gain new 'Styles' (just like weapon styles) which
help your 'Crafter Damage' output.

They could even work in chances of improved quality related to how quick you
take the Anville down...

Replace the Weapon Styles for 'Spell like' effects for Alchemy / Spellcrafting...

And we have a pseudo-fun system (and it would be a fekker for Macro'in :p)

Mythic keep their time-sink but at least not quite so mindlessly

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Chrystina said:
I always skilled up on low oranges too. I found the critical failure rate compared to the skill gain rate was acceptable compared to the success without skill gain rate on yellows.
It's better to not make an item at all than to make it without gaining skill. With oranges you tend to either fail or gain skill and the 'wasted' makes with no skill gain happen much less often than with yellows.
At least that was my experience when I skilled up a couple of years ago. AFAIK they haven't touched the crafting code in the meantime.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Roken said:
Idea for Crafting: (Sorry if I have ripped someone else's idea off!)

What I think would be an improvement to this system is as follows.

(Taking Weaponcraft as an example)

The Anville has a kind of 'Health' bar.
Once you select the item you want to craft, click on the anville.
Anville takes on Con & Hits related to the item you are crafting.
To complete the item you bash the anville (maybe with Hammer equipped)
doing 'damage'. When the health bar hits 0 you finish.

As you gain skill in WC, you gain new 'Styles' (just like weapon styles) which
help your 'Crafter Damage' output.

They could even work in chances of improved quality related to how quick you
take the Anville down...

Replace the Weapon Styles for 'Spell like' effects for Alchemy / Spellcrafting...

And we have a pseudo-fun system (and it would be a fekker for Macro'in :p)

Mythic keep their time-sink but at least not quite so mindlessly

I hate it just because of this line:
Roken said:
They could even work in chances of improved quality related to how quick you take the Anville down...

For the rest, sounds good though, but the most sickening part of the crafting system is when you are a capped AC for instance, and want to craft some level 1 studded gloves, it still has a 2/100 chance of making mp... That should be a 100/100 chance of mp...

Chances are bad..... You're LGM, should atleast make everything 99%... LEGENDARY, how can one be legendary if he still fumbles and makes low crafts.... that's hardly legendary to me :/

Siftwind

Fledgling Freddie
Chrystina said:

erm me.

Regards,
Sift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom