Crafting lvl ~ Charachter lvl

Aldias

Fledgling Freddie
Ellooo guys!

From my readings through forums about crafting, i came up to the conclusion that the lvl of the profession it depends from the lvl of the charachter. And this coz u need to complete some quests or enter some zones with high lvl mobs. (correct me if i am wrong in that point)

So my question is :

Can a lvl 1 character (in theory) be an Artisan with lvl 300 skill (for example)?

Thnx!

gia

Fledgling Freddie
These are the levels required to advance in your profession:

Apprentice (1-75), Lvl 5
Journeyman (50-150), Lvl 10
Expert (125-225), Lvl 20
Artisan (200-300), Lvl 35

This means that you can't go over 225 in a profession unless you are over 35.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Interesting ... I hadn't thought of a trade bot, but apparently lots of people in US WoW were doing just that with fishing. The most natural way, for me anyhoo, to skill up in crafting is to do so as I xp/quest ... unlike DAoC most trades can do their business out in the field, with no need to return to town and sit about for hours at a time.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Yea, its to prevent having a high lvl char skinning / mining / gather herbs etc to a lowbie alt and powerskilling that alt up in a tradeskill.

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Don't need to power level tradeskills as they are easy enuth to do anyway.

You can often just do them while questing, like collection resource nodes or skinning.

No more looking at a bloody Line for hours ala DAoC.

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
omg, I might even consider doing crafting for a first time in a game!

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Ilienwyn said:
omg, I might even consider doing crafting for a first time in a game!

Its quite fun tbh .. run round the map doing quests and kill tasks and you to come across resorces (in my case it was ore veins) which show up on your mini map.

When you get to a forge you can make any of the items that appear in your trade window. If you want to power skill up you can click an option which will auto craft as much of the item as you can make with the supplies you have gathered.

Say you start doing blacksmithing with your warrior, you mine the deposits that appear on your map and get normally ore and stone (doing this increases your mineing skill) then take this to a forge and turn the ore into metal (click convert all and it does it all for you) increaseing your skill again. So then say you make your self a set of armour (increaseing your blacksmithing skill) you maybe left with a few bars which you can auto craft into items to sell or keep the bars for later.

All your Ore is then used up and you should still have a load of stones, you can then turn these into sharpening tools (like a dam add buff that lasts for 30 mins), so auto craft the pile you have (increaseing the skill level again) either keeping the stones, selling them to players or merchants.

You get to a certain point in you crafting carear where to advance to the next level you have to locate the new higher level trainer, this starts off is the towns and villages but the very high level trainers can be located in high level instance dungeons (for alchamy you have to clear the dungeon to make him pop) or other remote places

Not only do you get items you can make from the trainer and quests, but you get rare crafting skill drops (so rather than every crafter being able to make the exactly the same stuff only a hand full will be able to make these items) giveing them a niche..

So basicly the time at the forge is short and its more about exploreing the best places to harvest supplies and doing quests to get new craft scrolls. etc ...

Xplo

Banned
Question, is alchemy the skill for pwr and heal pots etc? and what other things can you craft with alchemy?

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Omg, this really sounds interesting. And you can even put it to auto-craft stuff!! One word: wow! :D

Fin

Fledgling Freddie
the little i tested was skining , leatherworking

and it was kinda funny, kill mob, skin it and when resting do same time leatherworking.

so downtime was used to something else than scratching balls.

i really liked the idea and speed of crafting in wow

was simple, multitasking, fast

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I have done:
herbalism / alchemy (which is awesome especially if you are a druid)
Skinning / Leatherworking (for ones sadistic moments although as an old timer RPGer said to me the skinning needs to be more realistic)

At the moment I am greatly enjoying skinning and tailoring (skinning because you need light leather for occasional items) which is also fun.

The only one I had problems with so far is Enchanting I couldn't find anything to do with it plus it it is uber expensive... although now my level is higher and I can make money quite easily (from selling woollen bags) I may give it another go.

For the secondary professions:
Fishing is awesome \o/, Cooking its also good but not really necessary if you are a mage and first aid which if you are not a tailor is a great use for all that linen you pick up.

I like the crafting side of WoW it dosn't interfere with the game infact it enhances it :)

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Yoni said:
I have done:
herbalism / alchemy (which is awesome especially if you are a druid)
Skinning / Leatherworking (for ones sadistic moments although as an old timer RPGer said to me the skinning needs to be more realistic)

At the moment I am greatly enjoying skinning and tailoring (skinning because you need light leather for occasional items) which is also fun.

The only one I had problems with so far is Enchanting I couldn't find anything to do with it plus it it is uber expensive... although now my level is higher and I can make money quite easily (from selling woollen bags) I may give it another go.

For the secondary professions:
Fishing is awesome \o/, Cooking its also good but not really necessary if you are a mage and first aid which if you are not a tailor is a great use for all that linen you pick up.

I like the crafting side of WoW it dosn't interfere with the game infact it enhances it :)

Best one to do is tailoring .. since you dont need a gathering skill for it ..

Craft green cloth items .. disenchant them .. and then enchant stuff with the stuff you get ..

Plus you cant enchant the cloth stuff you make and sell it ..

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Garok said:
Plus you cant enchant the cloth stuff you make and sell it ..

Slight typo .. should be

You can then enchant the cloth items you make !

Aruwynn

Fledgling Freddie
so far i have tried herbalims/alchemy on my warlock and rogue, and i must say, an endless supply of healpots, armorpots etc etc is nice

also did the tailoring/enchanting combo on my mage and i'm one of the people that doesn't look at enchanting as a money sink
ok you loose some money, but hey, it's not THAT much and i gained quite a lot of enchanting in no time, the trick is to know what to make to skill up
i had problems with tailoring though, i'm litterally always short on cloth :p
it takes ages to farm a decent amount of cloth

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Aruwynn said:
i had problems with tailoring though, i'm litterally always short on cloth :p
it takes ages to farm a decent amount of cloth
Nah, not really :p
Just you know where and what to farm :)
As lvl 44 I farm Trolls in The Hinterlands, drop loads of Silk and Mageweave, mobs are easy to kill and gives decent amounts of xp. Also a chest closeby that pops now and then (phatt lewt!!) and a named mob with a silver dragon around its portrait i also can kill for good stuff :)
Altho I sell the cloth I get

gia

Fledgling Freddie
Gathering resources is rather easy if you're not trying to get too far ahead of your level with a profession.

As an example, if you are level 35 and trying to get over 200 tailoring you're gonna run into problems because the ingredients required come from 40+ enemies/zones.

Professions are on the same scale as weapon skills so as a rule of thumb you should be at your level x5. If you go above that it gets increasingly difficult and costly, or if you are below it will be very easy to catch up.

Oidche

Fledgling Freddie
True. I started out with my hunter on skilling and mining, because I just wanted to make money. Then I found out that I got a LOT more leather then I got ore, so I dropped mining and started leatherworking. Boy was it fun! And because I had relatively high skinning at the time (I hit the 75 cap and all stuff in Loch Modan was green to me) I skilled up in leatherworking very fast. Now I hit 110+ with leatherworking on my lvl 16 huntress things are going a lot slower. My recipies need medium leather, while most mobs drop light and scraps.

So, to make 4 medium armour kits for my own armour I need 4 x 4 x 4 = 64 light leather. I did see my first medium leather drop though!

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
I enjoy the tradeskills aswell. My warrior is mining and blacksmithing. In the start you mostly craft weapons/armor out of simple ore. When you start to increase it, you are likely to be able to make magical items. This requires other items than most of what you can mine.

Some weapons require leather. So here i need to pm a skinner...some weapons might even require alchemy potions. I love the way you have to work with other crafters to be able to make better stuff :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom