[QUESTION] crafting caps

longbow

Fledgling Freddie
Can anyone tell me if there are caps set on crafting?

for scavaging Ive gotten to 50 (lvl 8 character elf)
for cultivating my son has gotten to 45 (lvl 16 character elf)
salvaging well I dont know cus I dont seem to be able to go ablve 25 (lvl 20 character dwarf)
butchering not tried.

If there are no caps set can anyone suggest where we can raise the lvls?

Adoctor

Fledgling Freddie
I currently have 103 scavenging. You get better skill increases scavenging mobs a few levels higher than you.

Chey

Fledgling Freddie
i have 126 cultivating and 126 apothecary

i had no trouble with the cultivating, but i was a bit of a slacker with the apothecary at first and found myself stuck with it as all the seeds i was growing were producing herbs of too high a lvl, lots of guildies sent me lower lvl seeds got that problem overcome and just made sure i kept up with the crafting after that

charl8tan

Fledgling Freddie
Yers, I had the same problem Chey, now I find that I simply cannot make the potions stable at all, and must have high level (around 100) "stability" materials in order to craft any potion (level 151 apothecary). The thing I've noticed mainly is that taking cultivating on my main was a stupid mistake, as I end up with a silly amount of herbs that I must mail off as I cannot use them without water from scavenging (or something from butchering, again another stability mat).

Thing is cultivating doesn't require you to have any particular character level, whereas scavenging will yeild better results the higher the mob level...off to Teir 1 I go :(

charl8tan

Fledgling Freddie
Oh, and I know there are "stability" mats available from cultivating, however the ones from scavenging and butchering are far more reliably obtained. Unless someone can point me at something that I've missed anyway, then it will most likely result in a quick levelling of scavenging and a trudge of cultivating (again) on another char.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
auction house...

I've got a cultivator and a butcher on the go... can't craft effectively alone past about 50ish.

Fitzbert

Fledgling Freddie
I think the crafting system needs a lot of work. I think it's far too sandboxy and needs a few more player guidelines in place. For example, it'd be nice to know if the combination of ingredients will let us know if we're going to get a skillup or not. Mark Jacobs told us it wasn't going to be a "grindy" crafting system and I'm sorry.. but if making endless talismans and praying you get skillups from them isn't "grindy", then slap my ass and call me Charlie. Not entirely sure I'm happy with Talisman Making and Magical Salvaging anyway, tbh..

I've actually been thinking of dropping it all together and getting Cultivating as I was unaware it produced clothing dyes. Not sure how wise that is at lvl21, as I will be hard pressed to get high quantities of seeds without going back to Tier 1 and grinding mobs. At least I might get tome/trophy unlocks that way, I guess..

"You have killed 5,000,000 Dwarfs."

Great. And my Cultivating is still at 24. -.-

Is the kind of thing I can see happening. Haha.

charl8tan

Fledgling Freddie
auction house...
Yers the AH, where the stability materials are selling for more than finished potions, and as that's only one material (out of the minimal three - vial, main and stability) that would mean making a huge loss if I even bothered to sell them.

No thanks, I'll level up scavenging myself on the main and take up cultivating on an alt, or I'll kick the scavengers in the guild around quite hard to scavenge more instead of slacking!

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Yers the AH, where the stability materials are selling for more than finished potions, and as that's only one material (out of the minimal three - vial, main and stability) that would mean making a huge loss if I even bothered to sell them.

No thanks, I'll level up scavenging myself on the main and take up cultivating on an alt, or I'll kick the scavengers in the guild around quite hard to scavenge more instead of slacking!

indeed ;) didn't say it was a good solution (yet) but there is always the auction house :)

Tip for any budding scavengers there too - sell your stabilisers on the auction house for fun and profit.

mgX

Fledgling Freddie
its funny, ive actually managed to get to 49 apo and 49 cult by just using lvl 1 things bought from the store :p

charl8tan

Fledgling Freddie
Aye, pretty much the same here, lower levels are really easy to skill up, however it's a pisser at the higher levels (150+).

Zagzyg

Loyal Freddie
My scavenging seemed to be capped at 51 up to level 10.
I think it was level 11 when it started increasing again. The gains are much rarer now, so I don't know if it's still capped, but it seems like about +5 per level, coming in a burst after I level.
At level 15, it's just gotten into the 70's I think.

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
I think the cap will be around 200, i'm almost 150 in apoth and cult making level 30ish potions. Also in cult i've gained the extra pot every 50 levels so when I get to 150 I assume I will have all 4.

Ofcourse it's possible the craft will go beyond 200 with epic ingradients that make powerful level 40 pots but who knows!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom