Crafting and whiners

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Sheph said:
If i ever do an MP order i ask fixed 15x cost price.

how much is that on average for a lvl 51 item? just so i know :p

weapon or torso or smt, whatever you craft :x

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
how much is that on average for a lvl 51 item? just so i know :p

weapon or torso or smt, whatever you craft :x

Example: MP AF102 RF Hauberk.

Cost price (Materials): 243g x 15 = 3p 645g

For a MP order thats not bad really if it includes all the retries in the price (which is the case if i understand correctly), for buying off a CM it's about 1p overpriced (usually they sell for something in the region of 2.5p last time i checked).

CjkaceBM

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:
Example: MP AF102 RF Hauberk.

Cost price (Materials): 243g x 15 = 3p 645g

For a MP order thats not bad really if it includes all the retries in the price (which is the case if i understand correctly), for buying off a CM it's about 1p overpriced (usually they sell for something in the region of 2.5p last time i checked).

Thats because there is no market for vests anymore, what with artifacts, and drops from ML bosses.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
CjkaceBM said:
Thats because there is no market for vests anymore, what with artifacts, and drops from ML bosses.

Was only an example :)

Sheph

Fledgling Freddie
Elricstormbringer said:
With 17M rp you must have turned a lot of orders down :)

Yes!

But i found a calculation on a webby once which did the maths and came to 15x price is nice... with a profit ofc!

and since im not a "crafter" in the DAOC universe i would never start to down prices and hurt the real "crafters".

Yes yes... u can sell the 99% etc bla bla... cba :)

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
15x cost will get you about your money back for a Mp,over time. You won't make much profit that way, if any.
The profit will have to come from selling off the 99 quality pieces you make. However that market seems fairly small atm.
I've seen very few templates which use a lot of 99 quality pieces, just the odd piece here and there, so it's mainly pve/lvling suits that use 99 quality.

Danita

Asq

Fledgling Freddie
After last try at MP weapon order, which took an imense number of retries, I stopped taking orders. It's not worth the time nor the effort any longer let alone the cash you have to put in. Scing a full suit is nearly easier then making one MP weapon is almost seems :(

old.Derszu

Fledgling Freddie
Cj, what you experianced was the reason i gave up tailoring about half a year ago...

you can call yourself lucky that the guy turned up apologised, that doesnt happen all too often this times...
:cheers:

q1: deal was over when he told u he doesnt want the leggins
q2: its common ppl do not appreciate the work u put in, especially when u work at cost price...
q3: its totally up to you if u want to take orders or not, just be prepared this might happen again...

Gravmaskin

Fledgling Freddie
these days i only sell MP in guild and to irl-friends, or trade em for artifacts/drops/scroll etc that i need

are more threads about these hard to get MPs in the crafting section =)

Amadon

Fledgling Freddie
only do mp orders for friends

put mp cloth on my cm priced at 200 retries roughly

with the money I can make from farming artis it's barely worth my time to make and sell mp stuff at that rate anyway

Effendor

Fledgling Freddie
probability study

I did a probability study of the number of retries it takes to make an MP over the range of about 200 MP's . about 140 of them occured within 50 retries , the other 60 took between 51 and 300 retries . I now use the method of trying 50 retries for an MP . If no joy I trinket brackets until the next MP , and try again . The worst result I have had with this method is 220 odd retries . However over time it is very much worth it , as numerous times when it would have taken over 200 retries to get the MP , I have been making brackets instead . Plus it takes less time to hit the nice roll where 5 or 6 MP's occur well within the 50 retries :)

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Effendor said:
I did a probability study of the number of retries it takes to make an MP over the range of about 200 MP's . about 140 of them occured within 50 retries , the other 60 took between 51 and 300 retries . I now use the method of trying 50 retries for an MP . If no joy I trinket brackets until the next MP , and try again . The worst result I have had with this method is 220 odd retries . However over time it is very much worth it , as numerous times when it would have taken over 200 retries to get the MP , I have been making brackets instead . Plus it takes less time to hit the nice roll where 5 or 6 MP's occur well within the 50 retries :)

This shouldnt work... The way sequential random numbers are generated means you cant rely on a 'winning streak' or 'losing streak', the odds of getting a MP after 200 fails are the same as getting an MP on the first go (1 in 50 in theory).

Its also very possible that the random number seed comes from the server side, in which case every random event in your locality could affect the chance of an MP.

You say you havent done worse than 220 retries using your method, given the probability (1/50), getting any type of statistical evidence for 220+ retries is gonna take a lot more MPs. You could just be getting lucky.

Drummer

Fledgling Freddie
I use 5 99% qual pieces in my templete (2 from my earlier template, nerf having to spend 30mins to fit the old pieces in :D). And MP vest cos Fooli got one vcery cheap (or atleast I think it is? 750G?)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Drummer said:
I use 5 99% qual pieces in my templete (2 from my earlier template, nerf having to spend 30mins to fit the old pieces in :D). And MP vest cos Fooli got one vcery cheap (or atleast I think it is? 750G?)

MP RF goes for something like 2.5p for a vest, however with all the ToA vests/Galla Vests and general superb arti/mob droppped vests available there isnt much call for them atm.

Drummer

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:
MP RF goes for something like 2.5p for a vest, however with all the ToA vests/Galla Vests and general superb arti/mob droppped vests available there isnt much call for them atm.

ok that be nice then

Effendor

Fledgling Freddie
the mp method works

the statistical probability has to be adhered to, so if it takes 400 then 300 thrn 100 tries to make 3 mp's, you have quite a lot of mp's due, my method simply makes use of the fact that computers randominity is predetermined to obey the statistical probabilty.

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
have you realised that the last post of this thread is almost 6 years old ? :p

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
you copied someone else :p

yes this phrase that i said is unique and only a person could say that.

μαλάκα τα πολλά sandwich σε έχουν πειράξει στον εγκέφαλο ε?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom