Crafting 99% lowbie gear?

G

godfried

FYI:

Well today the unguilded ecolyptus/hubert asked me to craft 4 99% bg1 items (mithril jamb 2X and runewood sh 2X). I said ok (cuz i once said i craft from fine alloy on). Got kinda unlucky with the crafts so it came at 234gp for the 4 items. The dude told me he only pays 100gp cuz 'i screwed things seriously up'.
Losing time, losing profit and gettin answers like those lol....

Morale of the story?

Watchout for dudes like that, never take an order from an unguilded lowbie and keep crafting for the ppl who understand when the rng is against yah (majority of the 'clients').

M

Mishy

had similar things happen to me in the past... i hope you didnt give him the items...

H

hellraisermk2

Simple thing to do is not sell it to him. He wan't 99% quality, then he takes the risk of retries. You can't "screw up" a random generator.

A

Armalite

I don't think everyone know how expensive lowbee armor can be. Especially the lowbee's. And 200-300 for starka/padded/ie best armor type, isin't that expensive at bg lvl.

Too all who don't know; If you are short on cash, buy the lowest armor type (stelskodd, mjukleader, etc..). And if you are really low on cash, don't bother with 99%.

Too thread starter; Did you give him an estimate? Cause if you havent said what kind of money we are talking about, I'm not surprised he did get a little shock.

G

godfried

well as i have a sc'er also and quite busy craftin i don't think i told him price i did tell him the base/retry prices though but not the estimated ones....so far my mistake

S

sugah

sorry but in my opinion if they there asking for 99% then they know the risks. If they can't afford much then as said above they shouldn't be asking for the better stuff. simple answer is don't craft for them.

V

vesta

well is some bg1 dude ask me if i can craft armor for him. My reply is; you got 1p? If he answers no, then i tell him to find some1 else that might wanna waste time making the armor..

C

Cap

Easy way to solve this is asking ppl for a maximum cap for orders or maximum number of retries.

Y

-yoda-

only thing i can say is that guy must be a asshole not paying you.. but dont let that stop u making bg stuff in future forpeeps , cos most do have the cash and know the risks. bear in mind most lvl2-'s these days asking for newb weapons DO have a lvl50 hence DO have cash (unless they made lvl20 on different server , ie main is mid/hib pryd . but if he had 100g @20 then he knew the risks and had cash.

T

Tasans

It took me 230g to craft a 99% bg1 circlet. Then i decided not to bother with those hancy headgears anymore :p

B

Bilf

Always do cash up front, it's the way I'm working now. Had my fingers burned once too often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom